Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

jumbled thoughts...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

lovely

Hi everyone,

I have some jumbled thoughts today that I wanted to share. For all who wade through them, bless you.

The past few days God has been working on me about some things, and I just wanted to share what has been transpiring in my heart with my brothers, sisters, and others.

Sometimes old truths dawn on me anew, and sometimes they are not only refreshed, but deepened. This is the best way to describe my heart at the moment on the following topic, and how it relates to other topics.

Belief...the action.

It is easy for me, or God has made it easy for me, to be able to say, "I believe Christ." The hard part for me has been belief, the action. Christ told us to not be only hearers, but doers also. I often think that means doing good works, and obeying God, and it does...but God is reminding/showing me that it is so much more.

Belief is me walking after Christ, being sold on God with all that is in me unashamedly, unreservedly, and serving Him in a passionate and most excellent offering of myself. I am bought with a price, and this alone should remind me that I should be in dedicated service to God, His plan, and to those others who were bought with the precious blood of Jesus. My life is not my own, but I am owned by Him alone, and nothing else matters above that...I am to seek Him, and His righteousness, first.

How does this look? It's a bright light that burns from the Holy anointing oil in me, the Spirit within my soul. A radiation of love that affects all who come near me, and saturates me as a wick absorbs the fuel in a lamp, in such a way that I can't avoid but to burn, and shine in darkness. It's pure Truth, that is shined through love, service, sacrifice, humility, passion, and whatever else God utilizes, to those who need Him.

How can the inside look like the above, and the outside not align? It must, it will...all in God's time, and with God's plan, but it stems from belief, or faith...the action kind.

I am learning that I have developed appetites for things that aren't against Scripture, but are not necessarily God's best either. It takes a definite leading from the Holy Spirit...through my husband...to show me what those things are. I will not list them, because I think this list is truly, and rightly so, different for every child of God. A willingness to be led by the Spirit, even to sell all and go...even unto death, this is believing God, and not presuming to know what is best for my self, and my family, but living in a way that furthers His plan alone. I must declutter (a word made up for mothers :wink: ) my soul at times, and rid it of things like books, music, cares, causes, etc that are detracting my time, effort, and energy from being about my Father's business...down to the point of time wasters and entertainment.

More than all of this, I must believe God, and trust Him in all. I have, for the past month, become very aware of my presumptuous sins, and I know that is what leads to the Great Transgression. Essentially, it is the sin of not believing God, and becoming anything from prideful to anxious, because I lack faith that He will do what He says. Where is my holy fear before Him when I have this attitude, and how can I walk in faith being so focused on my flesh? I ask God to show me His truth daily, but every time I do this in an earnest way, I discover that it always brings about conviction (a revelation of my own sin), and a change in me that is done by Him alone. EVERY TIME! I am so thankful that He loves me enough to teach me, to discipline me, and to disciple me...this is my example for raising my own children to be sure, and even more than that He breaks the bonds of sin in my life, of which I can't do on my own, and only from a heart of self-righteousness would I even try. Anyway, this process, this is the ultimate growth spurt, isn't it? The one that requires major pruning, and guidance, before I can once again flourish in Him...or flourish in Him more being planted in the soil of His Truth, watered by His Spirit, and growing in the light of His Son.

So, I know this really is jumbled, but I am praying that I will be more resolved to believe Him...to learn His Word, and listen to His voice, so that I know what it is I am to believe, or rather how it is I am to live in every moment. I know He will care for me, my family, my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and I know that I can rest in Him, in His loving plan, but I want to know it in my will, in my motivation, and in my steps. I pray that He takes it further in me than ever before, and then when I walk that it is in faith (which is so reliable!), and not in my flesh...by my own sight, which can lead only to self every time. How can I be used for God's plan if I do that? This is the miracle of faith, isn't it, to be led by the Holy Spirit for God's eternal purposes? The meaning of life, or the gift of life, is to be a broken vessel plucked out of a dung heap, and be made whole, restored, and useful by a Master craftsman, an artisan who can not be compared to any others. That is exciting, and if I have an appetite to please Him, I should desire to with all of me, and all of my resources.

A contrite heart that is open and teachable, a prostrate position before Him that causes me to await His instruction before I move, and a dedication (compulsion?) that is characterized by an effort to serve Him with all of my life...this is not only my prayer, but I believe the desire of my heart that God will fulfill if He is willing, and in such a way that humilty prevails, and my feet are made beautiful as I carry the Gospel to others.

I am not sure if this is a confession of my sin, or me sharing what is in my heart to encourage others, or an aim to be more accountable to all I interact with here...I don't want it to be prideful, because it has nothing to do with me, or any goodness in me, but it is a testimony of God, and His work in my life...and hopefully it can exceed desire and become how I live in my alone, and quiet moments, where God truly exposes my heart the most. I sing His praises not because I am going to live for God perfectly from here on out, or even because I even have a good grip on this one simple, yet golden, truth...because I don't. I sing His praises because He showed me this today, and will again, and because despite what I believe, or live, He is trustworthy, and true, and His Word is to be believed. Belief is an action, and I pray to do more of it.

The Lord bless all of you.

Thanks for sharing, lovely.

All the things you mentioned are attributes that come from being in His presense. Things that should flow naturally from our lives as a result of being in relationship with Him.

There is so much freedom in humility, I remember a while back I got really sick and ran a fever for close to three weeks. I hated going through the process of being sick but it served to kill off the pride in my heart, and it felt so good.
I know that sounds odd, but there is no way I could have humbled my own self like that.
After my sickness, and even during my sickness I felt so free from the superficial junk that I had been concerning myself with.
I know God was cleaning me out even though for a while there I thought I was going to die.
God knows so well how to prune, weed, and water His garden so we will grow and produce the kinds of fruits that are pleasing to Him.

It doesn't sound odd at all destiny. He has certainly humbled me, and is dealing with me once again. I remember other times when He used sickness, and other such sufferings, to teach me...to open my heart so that the seeds could sprout through. You see me well, sister. The Lord bless you.

lovely said:
How can the inside look like the above, and the outside not align? It must, it will
That verse was music to my ears lovely and it has blessed me immensely.

Matthew 15:11 That which enters into the mouth doesn't defile the man; but that which proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."
18 But the things which proceed out of the mouth come out of the heart, and they defile the man.

If wickedness inside of a man is manifest out of his heart, then how much more will the righteousness of a man in his heart shine through on the outside?

I am glad that you are not afraid to listen to Yeshua when He said "Go, sin no more", sister. This is what all of us need to aspire for. To ask God to search the sin in our lives and fill it with His healing spirit.

I was going to glance over your post before I left work, but every sentence captivated me and I read it in detail. As I was driving home our Father put a very pleasant thought in my heart about righteousness. Many say that our righteousness is but filthy rags in front of God. True. Imagine for a second a filthy painting a 4 year old kid made, with messy colors and no artistic taste to it. What do you do with that filthy rag? Some frame it, some put it on their refrigerator, some take it work and proudly showcase it in their cubicle. Men see filthy rags of righteousness of fellow brothers and sisters. But our heavenly Father sees a beautiful piece of work. How much happiness will it draw our heavenly Father when He can showcase our trials to be righteous like Him? The cutest of things are when kids try to imitate their parents. How much joy does this bring God when He sees His children trying to imitate Him. To me, following the 10 commandments is worth all the smiles it puts on our Father's face.

The Lord bless you and continue to teach you His truths.

Hi Tan,

I am so glad you were blessed by my post, and know that I was very blessed by yours as well. You wrote...

As I was driving home our Father put a very pleasant thought in my heart about righteousness. Many say that our righteousness is but filthy rags in front of God. True. Imagine for a second a filthy painting a 4 year old kid made, with messy colors and no artistic taste to it. What do you do with that filthy rag? Some frame it, some put it on their refrigerator, some take it work and proudly showcase it in their cubicle. Men see filthy rags of righteousness of fellow brothers and sisters. But our heavenly Father sees a beautiful piece of work. How much happiness will it draw our heavenly Father when He can showcase our trials to be righteous like Him? The cutest of things are when kids try to imitate their parents. How much joy does this bring God when He sees His children trying to imitate Him. To me, following the 10 commandments is worth all the smiles it puts on our Father's face.

Now this is a very pleasant thought, and I am so thankful you shared it with me. I should have thought of it too, because last night I went through several boxes of papers from our office that I was sorting to burn, and came across many pictures painted by the children in the process. Honestly, most of it was unidentifiable...but too beautiful in the eyes of a mother to burn, especially those that had, "To Mommy" on them. :-D I admit to thinking that I would frame a few of them so the children would know that I love pictures for mommy. lol I forget sometimes that God is blessed by us, and that He loves us so, so much...why else would it please Him to bruise His Son for our sakes? This alone makes one long to worship Him with all. The Lord bless you, Tan.

Wow: I must come back later & read this encouraging thread again

All I can think of, in the many distractions here, is that God has shown me much thru various times of illness, & from the past 2/3 years of realising that I had to adjust to the ageing process, totally trusting Him to show me how not to overdo it etc

I'm so glad that my godly parents trained me to trust in God & not in my own skills/resources - recognising everything we are & have comes from God

Even when I was UK *1 telemarketer, in several companies, I always prayed, "Lord, I don't want to succeed because I'm a good salesman: I want to succeed because You bless me, to be a blessing to others"

Now that 'the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak', it's such a great comfort to know that 'My grace is sufficient for you, because My power is made perfect in weakness'

If any other reader ever feels like a prince turning into a frog, remember FROG = Fully Relying On God - & we are princes/princesses of the King of kings purely by His grace, thru the saving faith that is a gift of God, not of self, so no-one can boast

I came on site to start a thread @ this news:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28112006/325/v ... -dies.html

I'll link it in case it helps anyone

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... 089#307089

God bless!

Ian

Yes: having re-read it, I got something extra from each post

I'd forgotten, earlier, to say that it was very like Dr Sheryl Burns, @ 10am on the new http://www.thewordnetwork.org - sharing, in a way that only a woman can, how all life involves a process, which we need to value, not flee

See James 1:2-4 & 2 Corinthians 1:2-4 & 2 Peter 1:2-4

God does indeed use life's hard times to draw us closer, to make us more like Christ & to comfort us, so we can pass on His comfort to others

Timely Word 4 Today here too:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kingdom - Righteousness, peace and joy

They read from the Book of the Law of God, making it clear and giving the meaning so that the people could understand what was being read. Then Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who were instructing the people said to them all, "This day is sacred to the LORD your God. Do not mourn or weep." For all the people had been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law.

Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Then all the people went away to eat and drink, to send portions of food and to celebrate with great joy, because they now understood the words that had been made known to them.

Nehemiah 8:8-10, 12 NIV

In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls!

1 Peter 1:6-9 NASB

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Romans 14:17-19 KJV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Printer Friendly Version | Send this story to a friend | Back to Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through the Bible in a Year - Readings for November 28
November 28: Galatians 3:1-18, Jeremiah 51-52, Psalm 144

Click Here for the complete schedule

Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Printer Friendly Version | Send this story to a friend | Back to Top

Meditation 11/26-12/2: Light shines out of darkness 2 Cor 4:1-6 NASB

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,

but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,

in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:1-6 NASB

God bless!

Ian

Great verses, Mr. V.

I wonder if you have as much energy as I seem to read in your posts...it seems boundless. :biggrin

You are such an inspiration Lovely! Thank you much for not being fearful to hide your thoughts. I appreciate that you share so openly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back