Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Juno

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

Barbara Allan

I loved this movie. Ellen Page was nominated for Best Actress. Diablo Cody won for best screenwriting.

Special mention: J.K. Simmons was great as Juno's blue collar retired Army Sergeant Dad.

I have not seen Juno, mostly because the premise is based on a child born out of wedlock. I don't wish to judge the movie because, like I said, I haven't seen it yet, and as of right now I don't plan to because of its content.

I was just wondering, is there a Christian concept to the movie, such as a theme of God's forgiveness, or is it void?

Kelita said:
I have not seen Juno, mostly because the premise is based on a child born out of wedlock. I don't wish to judge the movie because, like I said, I haven't seen it yet, and as of right now I don't plan to because of its content.

I was just wondering, is there a Christian concept to the movie, such as a theme of God's forgiveness, or is it void?

I don't understand. It's about people. FYI, children are born out of wedlock all the time.

Kelita said:

Here's a pretty good review of the movie.

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/m ... 003547.cfm

It sounds like one that I'll watch. Probably in a couple of years when my daughter is a little older. It sounds like a good movie to watch with her and talk about.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back