Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just saw Bob Duvall´s The Apostle : WOW !

• Thread starter The Ascetic Crusader
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

The Ascetic Crusader

Can a sinner love God ? Can a repentful sinner do God's work ? Is the sinner who serves God a hypocrite ? Robert Duvall goes beyond these questions in this movie though. In fact these aren't even questions in The Apostle. It presents the love between a sinner and God as a fact. That the preacher does God's work is just a plain truth in the film; we aren't invited to doubt it. The man is aware of his faults, he is aware that he has committed a most terrible sin. That doesn't make him a hypocrite; he doesn't comdemn others for what he also does, he doesn't excuse himself. He believes he is still called to do God's work, and will do it until events make it impossible. And then he'll still do it.

Have you seen this movie ? If so, what do you think ?

I saw this movie and purchased it when it came out on dvd. The onscreen conversions of 3 people were the most moving I have ever seen. Duvall's acting was powerful as was the movie. God loves us and will still reach out through us to touch others if we let him.

i missed the very beginning,isn't this sad? i don't know what he did so i figuired he got upset and hurt someone like farrah fawcetts charachter.
i love this movie and want to see it again.i especially like the billy bob thornton part when they all stand around him. :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back