Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Justification by faith. It’s all about Jesus.

it’s all about Jesus

Jesus says. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

The law tells us how much we need Jesus.

In the eyes of God no one will be justified by the works of the law. For the law came the knowledge of sin. Don’t steal, lie, bear false witness etc.

If I’m told not to do it, my failing flesh will say do it. The law brings out the worst in people. Not the best. The way God sees it as if you break one you’re guilty of them all. The Bible says all men have fallen short of the glory of God, somewhere we all sinned.

How do we get clean?

Come to Jesus Christ. Making Jesus the Lord of your life and asking him for forgiveness.

Most importantly believing that he exists first. Believe that God exists. That he is God and God’s one and only son.
Jesus said I am the vine you are the branches, those who abide in me will bear much fruit, for without me you can do nothing.

We can’t do anything without Jesus. We can’t “will” the right thing to do, “will” will fail because it relies on the strength of man. In the Bible it says man has no strength in his flesh because in the flesh dwells no good thing.

Not by power not by might but by his spirit saith the Lord.

How do we become righteous? Jesus. Faith in Jesus.

Second Corinthians 5:21

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, our righteousness is justification by faith in Christ.

I am not righteous not because I said I’m sorry. I am righteous because I said I believe in him. Jesus.

Justification by faith. Not by works.

Faith is believing in the things that are not seen. For the things that I’ve seen are temporary and the things that are unseen are eternal.

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Your whole life your whole existence should be Christ centered first and foremost. At the head of every man is Christ and at the head of Christ is God the father.

it’s all about Jesus

Jesus says. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

The law tells us how much we need Jesus.

In the eyes of God no one will be justified by the works of the law. For the law came the knowledge of sin. Don’t steal, lie, bear false witness etc.

If I’m told not to do it, my failing flesh will say do it. The law brings out the worst in people. Not the best. The way God sees it as if you break one you’re guilty of them all. The Bible says all men have fallen short of the glory of God, somewhere we all sinned.

How do we get clean?

Come to Jesus Christ. Making Jesus the Lord of your life and asking him for forgiveness.

Most importantly believing that he exists first. Believe that God exists. That he is God and God’s one and only son.
Jesus said I am the vine you are the branches, those who abide in me will bear much fruit, for without me you can do nothing.

We can’t do anything without Jesus. We can’t “will” the right thing to do, “will” will fail because it relies on the strength of man. In the Bible it says man has no strength in his flesh because in the flesh dwells no good thing.

Not by power not by might but by his spirit saith the Lord.

How do we become righteous? Jesus. Faith in Jesus.

Second Corinthians 5:21

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, our righteousness is justification by faith in Christ.

I am not righteous not because I said I’m sorry. I am righteous because I said I believe in him. Jesus.

Justification by faith. Not by works.

Faith is believing in the things that are not seen. For the things that I’ve seen are temporary and the things that are unseen are eternal.

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Your whole life your whole existence should be Christ centered first and foremost. At the head of every man is Christ and at the head of Christ is God the father.
Very well spoken! Straight in line with the Bible ?

Matthew Scott welcome to CF. Very important topic.

To all those who think that all the laws have been fulfilled in Christ you are very wrong as below are the laws that are written upon our heart and can only be fulfilled when Christ returns and makes an end to sin by throwing it into the lake of fire with that of the beast and the false prophets. The only laws that Christ has fulfilled so far are that of the Temple and its sacrifices. Someone please show me in scripture where Jesus has fulfilled all the laws, because in Matthew 22:35-40 and Matthew 5:17, 18 Jesus does not say that he has already fulfilled all of them, but that love was the greatest of them all.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite. Then there are the existing moral laws (commandments) for all of us to still follow as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, treatment of the Gentiles, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

We need to present ourselves a vessel of honor that God delights in as we allow the light of Christ shine in us and through us. This is a testimony of Gods grace and mercy as it is not ourselves that do any good thing, but Gods Spirit working in us and through us as we surrender our will to that of Gods will to be done.

Morality in God is His greatest commandment of love as we treat others as we want others to treat us. God is love and wants us to love and treat others as He loves and treats us.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Back