Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Katabole

I

irishrain

What is the katabole?

The word "foundation" is "katabole".

The "foundation" of this 2nd earth age came after the 'throwing down' of the 1st earth age. 2 Peter 3:6

This word "katabole" speaks of that which our GOD did to prepare the world for man to be able live in flesh bodies. The throwing down or destruction of the all things that had been upon the earth in the 1st earth age, in order to build a new foundation that would support man in the flesh in the 2nd earth age was the first step in preparing the earth as a temporary abode for man made mortal.

Let's look at the definitions for the Hebrew word translated into English as "foundation".
2602 katabole (kat-ab-ol-ay');
from 2598; a deposition, i.e. founding; figuratively, conception:
KJV-- conceive, foundation.
2598 kataballo (kat-ab-al'-lo);
from 2596 and 906; to throw down:
KJV-- cast down, lay.
2596 kata (kat-ah');
a primary particle; (prepositionally) down (in place or time), in varied relations (according to the case [genitive case, dative case or accusative case] with which it is joined):
KJV-- about, according as (to), after, against, (when they were) X alone, among, and, X apart, (even, like) as (concerning, pertaining to touching), X aside, at, before, beyond, by, to the charge of, [charita-] bly, concerning, + covered, [daily-], down, every, (+far more) exceeding, X more excellent, for, from ... to, godly, in (-asmuch, divers, every, -to, respect of), ... by, after the manner of, + by any means, beyond (out of) measure, X mightily, more, X natural, of (up-) on (X part), out (of every), over against, (+your) X own, + particularly, so, through (-oughout, -oughout every), thus, (un-) to (-gether, -ward), X uttermost, where (-by), with. In composition it retains many of these applications, and frequently denotes opposition, distribution, or intensity.
906 ballo (bal'-lo);
a primary verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less violent or intense):
KJV-- arise, cast (out), X dung, lay, lie, pour, put (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust. Compare 4496.
(Strong's)

The following verses utilize this word "katabole".

Matt 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Matt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Luke 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 9:26
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1 Pet 1:20
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

The earth was not created in vain.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

The Hebrew word and translated into the English as "vain".
8414 tohuw (to'-hoo);
from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing;
adverbially, in vain:
KJV-- confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.
(Strong's)

Please note that GOD, "created the heavens".
This word is a plural, because it speaks not only of the abode of GOD(1st Heaven age), but also refers to the 2nd Heaven age, and it refers to the sky or atmosphere that surrounds the earth as can be seen by 2nd earth age flesh men.

"created"
1254 bara' (baw-raw');
a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes):
-choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).
(Strong's)

Yet, HE "formed the earth and made it".
"formed"
3335 yatsar (yaw-tsar');
probably identical with 3334 (through the squeezing into shape); ([compare 3331]); to mould into a form; especially as a potter; figuratively, to determine (i.e. form a resolution):
KJV-- X earthen, fashion, form, frame, make (-r), potter, purpose.
3334 yatsar (yaw-tsar');
a primitive root; to press (intransitive), i.e. be narrow; figuratively, be in distress:
KJV-- be distressed, be narrow, be straitened (in straits), be vexed.
(Strong's)

"and made"
6213 `asah (aw-saw');
a primitive root; to do or make, in the broadest sense and widest application (as follows):
KJV-- accomplish, advance, appoint, apt, be at, become, bear, bestow, bring forth, bruise, be busy, X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready) dress (-ed), (put in) execute (-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, [fighting-] man, + finish, fit, fly, follow, fulfill, furnish, gather, get, go about, govern, grant, great, + hinder, hold ([a feast]), X indeed, + be industrious, + journey, keep, labour, maintain, make, be meet, observe, be occupied, offer, + officer, pare, bring (come) to pass, perform, pracise, prepare, procure, provide, put, requite, X sacrifice, serve, set, shew, X sin, spend, X surely, take, X thoroughly, trim, X very, + vex, be [warr-] ior, work (-man), yield, use.
(Strong's)

"he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:"
"he hath established it"
3559 kuwn (koon);
a primitive root; properly, to be erect (i.e. stand perpendicular); hence (causatively) to set up, in a great variety of
applications, whether literal (establish, fix, prepare, apply), or figurative (appoint, render sure, proper or prosperous):
KJV-- certain (-ty), confirm, direct, faithfulness, fashion, fasten, firm, be fitted, be fixed, frame, be meet, ordain,
order, perfect, (make) preparation, prepare (self), provide, make provision, (be, make) ready, right, set (aright, fast,
forth), be stable, (e-) stablish, stand, tarry, X very deed.
(Strong's)

Gen 1:1-2
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

GOD told us in Isaiah, that HE had not created the earth in vain.
"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."

In the English, it appears that there is a contradiction, "And the earth was without form, and void".
But, it is not a contradiction, but a matter of translating.

The word "was" should have been translated as "became".
1961 hayah (haw-yaw);

a primitive root [compare 1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):
KJV-- beacon, X altogether, be (-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (oneself-), require, X use.
(Strong's)

"without form"
8414 tohuw (to'-hoo);
from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:
KJV-- confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.
(Strong's)

"and void"
922 bohuw (bo'-hoo);
from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:
KJV-- emptiness, void.
(Strong's)

"And the earth was without form, and void" speaks of the 'katabole'.

Back