Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Kathy Griffin's Jesus remark!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Did any of you hear about this?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comic Kathy Griffin's "offensive" remarks about Jesus at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will be cut from a pre-taped telecast of the show, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences said on Tuesday.

Griffin made the provocative comment on Saturday night as she took the stage of the Shrine Auditorium to collect her Emmy for best reality program for her Bravo channel show "My Life on the D-List."

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus," an exultant Griffin said, holding up her statuette. "Suck it, Jesus. This award is my god now."

Asked about her speech backstage a short time later, an unrepentant Griffin added, "I hope I offended some people. I didn't want to win the Emmy for nothing."

The speech drew fire from a leading Roman Catholic group, the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, which condemned Griffin's remarks as "obscene and blasphemous."

"It is a sure bet that if Griffin had said, 'Suck it, Muhammad,' there would have been a very different reaction," Catholic league president Bill Donohue said in a statement posted on the group's Web site. He called on TV academy president Dick Askin to denounce Griffin's "hate speech" and on Griffin to apologize.

An edited version of the Creative Arts Emmys is set to air on cable television's E! Entertainment Network on Saturday, the night before the live Fox network broadcast of the main Primetime Emmy Awards.

"Kathy Griffin's offensive remarks will not be part of the E! telecast," an academy spokeswoman said on Tuesday. An "abbreviated version" of her acceptance speech will air, instead, she said.

Griffin's reaction to the imbroglio, according to a statement issued by her publicist: "Am I the only Catholic left with a sense of humor?"

It "bleeped" the word but I'll tell you it begins with "s" and ends with "k"

All I can say is, "How much worse can it get before Jesus comes back?"
:crying:

There is another certain "musical" site where she is being hailed as a hero.
('scuse me while I barf)
Yes, in my heart, I know it WILL get much worse. Sigh, I can only imagine what regular television will allow during prime time in the near future.

BTW....MORNING 3!! :smt006

Justmee said:
('scuse me while I barf)
Yes, in my heart, I know it WILL get much worse. Sigh, I can only imagine what regular television will allow during prime time in the near future.

BTW....MORNING 3!! :smt006

Good morning, Sara!!
People are applauding her, I know. I understand when people say that it gets sickening when they thank God/Jesus for helping in winning their award especially when it's some rapper artist who says the "f" word throughout their so-called music. Do they really thing God is supporting them in that garbage?
I don't know if that was her original point she was trying to express but she really stepped over the line when she told her Creator to stuff it.
I guess the Catholic church is all upset over this (since she's catholic) but she obviously doesn't KNOW Jesus anyway. And then she goes on to say the award is her god now. Sounds like idol worship to me!
I never thought she was funny anyway...

Hello ladies.

Kathy Griffin does absolutely nothing for me but annoy me to no end. :o

Kathy Griffin... Catholic? Maybe by being born into it, but... :smt078

('scuse me while I barf)

There ya go Sara, I barfed for you. :-D

Kathy does not know Jesus, she is a heathen. If she knew Jesus she would not have said that.

vic C. said:
Hello ladies.

Kathy Griffin does absolutely nothing for me but annoy me to no end. :o

Kathy Griffin... Catholic? Maybe by being born into it, but... :smt078

('scuse me while I barf)

There ya go Sara, I barfed for you. :-D
I agree about her doing nothing for me, either. Never did, never will. She is annoying, now more than ever. All we can do though is pray for her.

Well, from what I know, she's not a practicing Catholic but in my opinion, that's even worse.

I saw that thread you are talking about...scoot over, I need to borrow the bowl for a minute.

Father God,
I pray that you will respond to the remark that Kathy Griffin made about you, and I pray that your response will be just as public as her comment was, and that you response will come in such a way that there will be no doubt in anyone's mind that it is You who answered her.

I am asking that you do such a miracle in the life of Kathy Griffin, that she will be saved as a result of it, and that her testimony will result in multitudes of being saved as well. Use this as a catalyst that causes many to begin to seek You, and learning just how involved you are in the entertainment industry and the handing out of awards. You said that even the hair on our head is numbered. If it matters to us, it matters to you.

And one more thing Lord. Kathy Griffin proclaimed the award as her god. I pray that you destroy the idol, and the idolatry. Let it be made known that You had everything to do with it. I give you all of the praise, all of the glory, and all of the honor. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Lewis W said:
Kathy does not know Jesus, she is a heathen. If she knew Jesus she would not have said that.
That's why my first thought when I heard was "forgive her Lord, for she does not know what she is saying!" Just like when Jesus cried out to the Father when they were crucifying Him. (Forgive them, for they not know what they do.)

Isn't it funny though how people can get away with blasphemous remarks about God and Jesus but if you say anything about people of a different skin color, the gays or religion, everyone freaks. :o
I'm not condoning any of those things...I'm just sayin'.....

These people are playing with fire and someday they will get burned if they don't rethink their position and give their lives to Christ. :smt102

Gabbylittleangel said:
Father God,
I pray that you will respond to the remark that Kathy Griffin made about you, and I pray that your response will be just as public as her comment was, and that you response will come in such a way that there will be no doubt in anyone's mind that it is You who answered her.

I am asking that you do such a miracle in the life of Kathy Griffin, that she will be saved as a result of it, and that her testimony will result in multitudes of being saved as well. Use this as a catalyst that causes many to begin to seek You, and learning just how involved you are in the entertainment industry and the handing out of awards. You said that even the hair on our head is numbered. If it matters to us, it matters to you.

And one more thing Lord. Kathy Griffin proclaimed the award as her god. I pray that you destroy the idol, and the idolatry. Let it be made known that You had everything to do with it. I give you all of the praise, all of the glory, and all of the honor. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord. Amen.
2 or more has officially agreed! :biggrin

Her remark was indeed an insult to the person who bore the sins of entire world, hers included. I hope for her sake that she repents of this. In any event, I suggest that a boycott of her "shows" (both live and on TV) is a suitable way to express ourselves in respect to this matter.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back