Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Keep the Sabbeth

What do you do on Sunday?

• Work, missing church

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eat out on Sunday after church

• Shop on Sunday

• Total voters
C

caseypayne1980

I wanted to raise this to everyone's attention. In the world today we pick and choose which laws we want to follow from God. But we shouldn't murder, working on Sunday, killing, adultery are equal in Gods eyes.

Yet, some of us still work on Sunday. And better yet those that don't work promote others to work by shopping or eating out. My wife and I go to church on Sunday and stay at home, unless visiting family. I was wondering every one elses take on this. Personally, I believe that day is for fellowship, and praise to God. I don't want to hear any "we have to do it on Sunday" junk either. We don't have to murder either and most of us are doing good at that.

None of those answers apply to me. I am in church in the morning and back to church in the evening. I always eat at home since I can't afford to eat out. I'm retired and don't work. Sometimes I'll take a nap in the afternoon before the evening service. I also go to church Wednesday evening.

go to church 10am then have bible study till around 4sh go eat out with my friends. Then stay at my friends house till around 11:30 and go home.

An answer for me is also missing. I go to services on Sunday with my neighbor and then come straight home.

Firstly the question asked in the OP needs to be accurate before an informed debate can be initiated. Sunday is NOT the Sabbath. Saturday is. Could this discrepency be corrected before the discussion continues ...? Thank you.

Sput, no offense but don't encourage this topic. This is but one in a long line of clones. We have several topics ranging pages after pages of unresolved debate on Sabbath observance. We don't need a new one.

I read up on what you're talking about. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Sabbath was on Saturday, in Jewish tradition. Because Sunday is the first day of the week which would lead to Sat being the 7th. Between 30 AD to 313 AD Jews and Christians were the best of friends and Roman Empire was Pagen. And attacked the Jews, so Christians serparated themselves from Jews by having church on Sunday. Thanks for the education on this.

But if you look at the bible Paul seams to have started preaching on Sunday. Because Sunday is the Lords day because he resurrected that day. Here is one verse. Revelation 1:10:
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

This could show light that For Jewish tradition of God creating the earth and rejoycing on the Sabbath, Saturday. For Christians the Sabbath lays on Sunday because if it wasn't for Jesus we'd all be going to hell. So in since I don't see nothing wrong with Sunday as long as one day a week a person keeps it holy.

I don't consider going to services as part of Sabbath. Sabbath is a day of worship and rest. I go to services on Sunday since that is when they are. I do not want to be SDA so that is not an answer for me.

Can a person, in your view, worship and rest on Saturday and then go to Church services on Sunday?

I'm new to the thought of Saturday being the Sabbath. And looking into it throughly and with possible changing of the day I keep holy. I am open to learning the bible, and what it teaches. So far I don't see any excuse in the bible to preach on Sunday. So Sunday could be of mans law that fits with his schedule after getting used to it during the Roman years. They should have gone back to Saturday but apperently Catholics kept it on Sunday.

Haven't we discussed this topic recently? Several times? Atone,
bangdesk.gif
did you delete them all? :-D

The subject is not sat vs sun. Its do you up hold Gods law on the day you feel right?

caseypayne1980 said:
The subject is not sat vs sun. Its do you up hold Gods law on the day you feel right?

You confess that you're new to this issue. We need to apreciate that and give you some leeway. One can't be expected to sift through pages and pages of old/er threads in lieu of starting up a new one. This is a discussion forum and many topics are introduced and reintroduced as the weeks go by. This is typical of forums of any kind, be they Christian or not.

I would suggest that, if you have questions to ask, casey, then ask away.

Casey,
I think your question is pretty close to what I was trying to do with this thread. You might find some insight to this bunch if you look into this thread.

"What do you do to honor the Sabbath?"
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... highlight=

I have been dealing with this question for a while. I turned on a Christian broadcast this morning, and the teacher was speaking about honoring the Sabbath. He said something like this: "God says 'I am well pleased with the work Jesus did on the cross.'" Then he went on to say "Rest".

I tried to find out how everyone else was doing with the first part of that command. You know, where God says "Six days thou shalt work". I did not get too much feedback on it.

I saw the first post after your's. The guy thinks God is like well I told you not to but if you need money go ahead its cool with me God. I highly doubt that God is that way. In Exodus did God say hey guys if you really need to get food from the day of sabbath go ahead its cool. No he didn't, he asked why aren't they keeping the Sabbath, all you have to do is work extran in the 6 days. Hence make more money on the 5 or 6 days a week to keep you from working the 7th. You have to watch everyones opinion. I'm seeking to find if Sabbath is voided by Jesus or does he push it as well? If so then in actuality we really need to go to church on Saturday.

Back