Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Kids sure can make you feel special....

handy

So now my daughter has sorted out the teachers at her new High School...the fun ones, the cool ones and the aggravating one.

Her history teacher is the "aggravating one" and she was telling me about his latest antic in class that irritated her.

I ask a simple question.....

"So how old is he?"

She's like..."Oh wow, he's old, he is like soooooo old....

....he's like, YOUR age."

:thud:

So now my daughter has sorted out the teachers at her new High School...the fun ones, the cool ones and the aggravating one.

Her history teacher is the "aggravating one" and she was telling me about his latest antic in class that irritated her.

I ask a simple question.....

"So how old is he?"

She's like..."Oh wow, he's old, he is like soooooo old....

....he's like, YOUR age."

:thud:

:toofunny
Yes: the aggravating ones are in every school. They are bad-tempered and indeed are gnat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine was our PE teacher. He was a dread. We gave him a name (I won't say).

However, they all make up a good schools :D
And what is that ancient rock doing in that school? :lol

That's funny.

One of my Kids Club kids one time was completely ignoring my instruction, had her back turned to me and was talking to one of her friends. Since calling her name wasn't getting her attention, I walked right up to her and tapped her on the head. She turned around, facing my gut, looked up at me and said, "Wow! You're fat!" All I could do was laugh about that. In a weird way, it kind of cheered me up for the rest of that night.

Dan

Maybe not quite on topic but I’ll share a story or two if you don't mind.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
When our daughters were real young they would come to me with questions, I would answer them, and then they’d ask, “How do you know that?” My usual response was, “I know everything.” One time when our oldest was in the second grade she would bring home a weekly newsletter called “Weekly Reader” and then quiz me with the questions on the back page. One day when she came home I was busy with something and not in the mood to answer her. When she began quizzing me I replied, “Oh, I don’t know!” She excitedly responded with, “Aha! You don’t know everything!” All I could do was laugh. <O:p</O:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing we did that was fun was to use every opportunity to startle each other. I was constantly hiding around corners and such and then jumping out at them and they kept trying to “get me.” It almost became an obsession with them to get me back. The things they did were amazing.<O:p</O:p
I’m a fairly early riser and one Saturday morning at about 6:00 when my oldest was about 8 or 9 I was making a pot of coffee. We have a double oven with black glass doors and I had to walk past that oven to carry water from the sink to the coffee pot. As I passed that oven I caught a reflection of my oldest daughter crawling on here hands and knees around our kitchen island in an attempt to scare me from behind. She actually set her alarm so she could get up to do this! Unfortunately for her, I caught her in the act and as I filled the coffee pot with water I kept an eye on her in that reflection. Just as she was about to jump up I turned around with a start and yelled, “Boo!” I think she just about peed her pants. The first thing out of her mouth was, “How did you know I was there?” I kindly replied, you guessed it, “I know everything.” <O:p</O:p

Our girls were driven to go great lengths in their quest to “get me.” Shortly after the incident in the kitchen they decided to up the ante. I usually get home from work at about 4:00 or a little after and they typically would be dropped off by the bus a few minutes before I got home. At that time we had a sheltie puppy and the girls usually brought her in the house with them when they got home from school.<O:p</O:p
On one particular day it had rained enough to stir the gravel on our driveway enough to loosen the top grains of sand and erase the vehicle tracks. Our driveway is about 200 yards long. When I got home from work I noticed that there were no footprints on the driveway so I figured I must have beat them home that day. I got into the yard and the dog greeted me, again reinforcing that I must have beat them home. I get in the house, take off my shoes, and was hanging my jacket when all of a sudden they both jumped out from around the corner scaring the pants off me! I swear my heart skipped a few beats that time. They finally got me. Unfortunately for them, they didn’t notice my reaction and so they didn’t realize the effect they had. They were totally bummed out that they didn’t get me. I finally told them only recently that they actually were successful. It was so fun to think that they would think far enough ahead to walk on the grass and leave the dog outside to make me think I beat them home just so they could pull this off. <O:p</O:p

Back