Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Killing Newborns Now Embraced by Dutch Medical Profession

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
tzalam2 said:
How many souls did you win for Jesus, today?
How many children did you tell the Gospel of Jesus to, this weekHow do these questions have any bearing whatsoever on the issue?

CB, if you were a concerned Christian, you'd understand how those questions have an immediate bearing on this issue.

[quote:37da7]!!if the goal is to reduce suffering, it is a mercy-killing.
What a broad paintbrush mankind is using to rationalize his murderous nature, his SELFISHNESS, his disrespect for another human being!
What a twisted self-righteous simplistic deluded mindset you must have to say such outlandish and absurd tripe
Ah ha! I've hit the nail on the head.
Your comfort zone has been invaded, and you don't have anything
rational to use in debate, so you lower your level of communications to that
of middle school insults and sophomoric rage.[/quote:37da7]

Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

Harlequin type ichthyosis (also harlequin ichthyosis, ichthyosis congenita, or keratosis diffusa fetalis), the most severe form of congenital ichthyosis, is characterized by a thickening of the keratin layer in fetal human skin, appearing as massive, diamond-shaped scales. In addition, the eyes, ears, mouth, and other appendages may be abnormally contracted. The scaly keratin limits the child's movement, and because it is cracked where normal skin would fold, it is easily pregnable by bacteria and other contaminants, resulting in a serious risk of fatal infection.

Sufferers are known as harlequin fetuses, harlequin babies, or harlequins.

The harlequin type designation comes from both the baby's facial expression and the diamond-shape of the scales (resembling the costume of Arlecchino), which are caused by severe hyperkeratosis. Seventeenth century entertainers known as jesters, or harlequins, wore costumes with diamond patterns on them, as well as a particular style of face paint. The features of the harlequin fetus resemble this stylized makeup, and their faces are often pulled tight into grim parodies of a clown's smile.

The features of sufferers are very deformed. The ears may be very poorly developed or absent entirely, as may the nose. The eyelids are severely everted, which leaves the eyes and the area around them very susceptible to trauma. They often bleed upon birth. The lips, pulled by the dry skin, are fixed into a vestige of a clown's smile, which many find extremely disconcerting. Arms, feet, and fingers are almost always deformed in such a way that they cannot bend properly, and may be below the normal size. Polydactyly, a condition in which one has more than the usual number of toes or fingers, has also been found in these infants.

So, here we have a baby. In the most severe cases, it has an expected lifespan of maybe a couple weeks. In such a case, it will spend the entirety of this time bleeding and crying in agony (well, trying to cry, anyway - it's deformed mouth doesn't allow anything but muffled grunts and gurgles). It will eventually succumb to massive infection. The best case scenario is that it will be sufficiently doped up through it's short and painful life that it will never know it existed at all.

Yeah, putting this poor child out of its misery is an act of profound cruelty and evil. The humane thing is to let it squirm in pain for a few weeks.

It's interesting that the more conservative believers are totally against euthenasia, but feel that when God had perfectly healthy babies and conscious children put the sword in the Hebrew Bible, that it was okay then. Does that make sense?

So, here we have a baby. In the most severe cases, it has an expected lifespan of maybe a couple weeks. In such a case, it will spend the entirety of this time bleeding and crying in agony (well, trying to cry, anyway - it's deformed mouth doesn't allow anything but muffled grunts and gurgles). It will eventually succumb to massive infection. The best case scenario is that it will be sufficiently doped up through it's short and painful life that it will never know it existed at all.

Quid said:
Solo said:
No man has the authority to cut another's time short on this earth no matter the cost.
Solo said:
Killing others in the act of war, self-defense, judgment, is allowed.
Funny how you seem to contradict yourself like that.

When you get to know God and cease from leaning on your own understanding, you will understand much more than you currently do. Read the Bible, commit yourself daily to Jesus Christ, and follow the Holy Spirit's guidence; and you will never cease to understand the truth of God.

Solo said:
Quid said:
Solo said:
No man has the authority to cut another's time short on this earth no matter the cost.
Solo said:

When you get to know God and cease from leaning on your own understanding, you will understand much more than you currently do. Read the Bible, commit yourself daily to Jesus Christ, and follow the Holy Spirit's guidence; and you will never cease to understand the truth of God.
Translation: Hypocrisy.

How can you claim no man has the authority to cut another's time short and at the same time say it's okay to judge and kill?

Quid said:
Solo said:
Quid said:
Solo said:
Solo said:

Translation: Hypocrisy.

How can you claim no man has the authority to cut another's time short and at the same time say it's okay to judge and kill?

Again, when you get to know God and cease from leaning on your own understanding, you will understand much more than you currently do. Read the Bible, commit yourself daily to Jesus Christ, and follow the Holy Spirit's guidence; and you will never cease to understand the truth of God.

Ah. So claiming to be holier than others gives one the right to judge? Which verse was that?

remember: "it is so because i said so" is not an explanation. it is simply a poor excuse, and a dead end in a discussion.

Quid said:
Ah. So claiming to be holier than others gives one the right to judge? Which verse was that?
No one is holy or good except for Jesus Christ. That is why I have given you some good advice to depend on your relationship with HIM. If you are not born again, that is your first step to undetstanding God's Kingdom. After that you must lean on God's understanding and not your own.

God's Word is Holy. Do not forget this truth.

Loren Michael said:
remember: "it is so because i said so" is not an explanation. it is simply a poor excuse, and a dead end in a discussion.

No, you misunderstand. It is so because God's Word said so. Do not get your understanding mixed up with the truth of God if you are in error. God's Word is always true, and is not swayed by our interpretation. If the Holy Spirit does not interpret for us, we are shooting in the dark.

Okay then. Please, for those of us that clearly are nowhere near as well versed on the matter as you, show me where Jesus said to judge others and take their lives into your own hands.

Quid said:
Okay then. Please, for those of us that clearly are nowhere near as well versed on the matter as you, show me where Jesus said to judge others and take their lives into your own hands.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:18-20

Yeah, see, neither the words judge nor kill show up there. I see teach, observe, baptize, but no murder.

I think your reading skills may be lacking in this respect.

Quid said:
Yeah, see, neither the words judge nor kill show up there. I see teach, observe, baptize, but no murder.

When you become more mature in your understanding of God's word and his ways, come and talk with me, and I'll share with you some of His most precious promises. Until then go argue with someone who considers your proclamations beneficial. Thanks.

Solo said:
Quid said:

When you become more mature in your understanding of God's word and his ways, come and talk with me, and I'll share with you some of His most precious promises. Until then go argue with someone who considers your proclamations beneficial. Thanks.
So, you believe in a literal translation of the Bible, but only as far as the literal aspects of the stories go. When it comes to things like Jesus' teachings, you believe in a very, very, very liberal interpretation?

I mean, really, that's like reading the Constitution and coming up with a right to free ice cream every third Tuesday of the month.

Solo said:
Quid said:

that was a wonderfully condecending way of saying "shut up and go away". civility and the actual exchange of ideas marches on though, i guess.

Solo said:
Quid said:

So instead of actually refuting what I said you instead say I lack maturity.

"Thou shalt not kill."

"Judge not lest thee be judged."

I have strong evidence from the bible on my side saying one shouldn't judge others or kill, and you've yet to back up your beliefs with anything except a verse that asks disciples to spread the word of God.

Back