Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

kinda conflicted- what should I do?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
hey guys, first time poster here and im kinda facing a little internal dilemma rn. So lately I’ve been getting closer to God as I know he’s coming sooner than we think, so I wanna make sure im ready for Him for when he comes! Recently however, I bought AirPods (with my own money) behind my parents back (they probably wouldn’t approve) and I have to hide when I use them. Internally I feel terrible because yes, I got my desired AirPods, but I know I had to commit a sin of going behind my parents back just to get them. Should I return them? Or do I keep them? I know God will forgive me for this, I just don’t know if I should completely get rid of this as it feels like a “secret sin”. any advice would be greatly appreciated 😭

hey guys, first time poster here and im kinda facing a little internal dilemma rn. So lately I’ve been getting closer to God as I know he’s coming sooner than we think, so I wanna make sure im ready for Him for when he comes! Recently however, I bought AirPods (with my own money) behind my parents back (they probably wouldn’t approve) and I have to hide when I use them. Internally I feel terrible because yes, I got my desired AirPods, but I know I had to commit a sin of going behind my parents back just to get them. Should I return them? Or do I keep them? I know God will forgive me for this, I just don’t know if I should completely get rid of this as it feels like a “secret sin”. any advice would be greatly appreciated 😭
You don't say how old you are but I assume you are still a minor. For this reason, I would say that your concerns come from your lack of honoring your parents. They have your best intentions in mind for you. You may not agree with them at this time and assuming you know how to use the Airpods responsibly but your parents, because they were your age at one time, know that it is easy for something like that to become a stumbling block for you. That does not mean they don't trust you but they know all too well the temptation that today's electronics can present. The problem with Airpods is that they cannot hear what you are hearing and they want to be sure to be able to guide you properly. In fact, I'm honestly surprised if they don't have other restrictions with regard to your use of ipads, iphones, etc. While they can be a great source of good information they can also be a major source of evil.

God says, “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you."
Exodus 20:12 NKJV

The only other advice I can give you is to talk to your parents and let them know that you are responsible and capable of using them with integrity and stick to it.

this is what I was figuring since my dad said something similar to this yesterday, so should I return them? or am I not gonna go with everyone else in the rapture if I keep them 😭
I'll toss out the same advice to any minor....if you have a preacher (minister, priest etc) and you are unsure of speaking with your parents on any subject; ask that person for help in starting a conversation.

As for your "Sin"; I think God has bigger fish to fry. I know a whole lot of people believe in that rapture thing; and every religious organization has their own view of "everything God". But I would ask you remember this, if you keep your heart open to God; then He will know you, and I believe Father (God) has always kept "an eye" out for the little ones (even if you're a teenager).

Talk to your parents about this.
Their recommendation is what counts.

Hey All,
Well being a believer sucks when we do stuff like this, doesn't it. You got what you wanted. But the newness is gone, and only the guilt remains. And it will until you correct it.

You need to honor your parents. You may not understand their reasoning, but they are looking out you, and have your best interests at heart. This is how you correct it.

1. Take them back to where you bought them, and get your money back. Make sure you get a receipt. (Find that straight and narrow way.)
2. Bring the money and the receipt back home.
3. Tell your parents what you did. Show them the receipt and money, proving you took it back. (Ask for forgiveness.)
4. Give your parents the money you got when you returned the AirPods. Ask them to put it in the offering plate at church. (If they do not go to church, have them pick out a suitable charity.) Another thing you can do with it is put towards a night out for your parents. Your choice as long as you do not spend it on yourself. (Make amends where possible.)
5. Ground yourself for the appropriate amount of time. Or whatever punishment your parents deem necessary. Take your punishment without complaint, like an adult. People like it when you do. If they give you less because of your self-policing actions take it graciously. (Own your mistake. Pay the penalty.)
6. Serve your time. Do extra. Maybe take a chore off your mom's plate and do it yourself. (This is the walk. You do what you say.)

There are only few things that will effect a parent/child relationship. Lying is definitely one of them. It will take some time to repair the damage. Don't be surprised if your parents scrutinize everything you say for a while. When they do, take it calmly and get past it as quickly as possible.

I hope things work out for you justanotherdiaz. Your main job is to earn your parents' trust again. You can do it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hi young mr. diaz,

I don't have any idea what your family life is like, but I agree that if it's bothering you, then you should speak to your parents. Is one of your parents more allowable or accepting of this issue than the other? If so, you might start with that parent and maybe they'll make it ok with the other? At sixteen, and paying for them with your own money, I would think it would be ok if you use them respectfully. Find out what their complaint about them is. I know my 13 year old granddaughter has a pair and sometimes I have to really yell to be heard, I mean, that's literally what noise cancelling means. It blocks out some of the outside noise. So for a parent, I could understand their concern that they'll have to start yelling or waving their hands whenever they want to talk to you.

But I would make a time to talk and think about the best way to present your argument.

I apologize if I picked the wrong gender.

God bless,
Ted

hey thank you so much guys, I really
Appreciate the responses and all this basically confirms what God was trynna tell me 😭 yall are truly a blessing so thank you guys again for the advice, im for sure gonna take it

I don't know what air pods are ??

As Gods Elect, zadok. My job is to teach and gude the sheep.

First off. Student's need to but king James companion bible and STRONGS concordance.

Why??

The king James companion bible is from the original 1611 king James bible.

The Hebrew text and Greek text, is from the original Hebrew and Greek MASSORAH or Torah.

You must be able to go back to the original Hebrew and Greek MASSORAH.

Only STRONGS concordance and king James companion bible are the right tools for it.

1 Corinthians ch 3. There are divisions in the body of christ, in churches. Some apostates broke away from foundation of christ and started denominations. These books are compromised. They're not reliable enough to go back to the Hebrew and Greek MASSORAH. Get the picture.

POTIZO in Greek means = have planted, or watered.

SARKIKOS in Greek means = carnal minded.

DICHOSTASIA in Greek means = Division.
First Corinthians chapter 3 .

These apostates started division in the church. By breaking away from the foundation of christ. Started denominations.

You can't use dictionaries or denominations books, to go back to the Hebrew or Greek text.

You can but king James companion bible and STRONGS concordance from shepherd chapel, gravette Arkansas.
Or destiny publishers, Merrick Massachusetts.

They accept money orders or check.

I have both. I bought it from shepherds chapel.

I hope this helps you.

your parents dont want you to have social life and want to trap and isolate you.
They should be happy, that you bought it with your own money and are stsrting to have independence.

your parents dont want you to have social life and want to trap and isolate you.
They should be happy, that you bought it with your own money and are stsrting to have independence.
Hey All,
Or, they love you very much and are trying to protect you from the world as long as they can. You will understand this when you have children.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Or, they love you very much and are trying to protect you from the world as long as they can. You will understand this when you have children.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Good way to avoid talking about issues today , by saying "you understand when you have children".

I have no intenzion of ever having children in first place. Part of that is because parents said that you said, they always avoided direct answers to questions I had. Just left me hanging like that.

So, now, I don't even want children. For it is better for unborn one, didn't Solomon said that ?

And still didnt understood, neither want to..
Does it mean, I will become control freak as parent and thus understand as parent ? Instrad of talking out of reasons.

This is abusive.

Good way to avoid talking about issues today , by saying "you understand when you have children".

I have no intenzion of ever having children in first place. Part of that is because parents said that you said, they always avoided direct answers to questions I had. Just left me hanging like that.

So, now, I don't even want children. For it is better for unborn one, didn't Solomon said that ?

And still didnt understood, neither want to..
Does it mean, I will become control freak as parent and thus understand as parent ? Instrad of talking out of reasons.

This is abusive.
Hey All,
I am not here to argue with you iwll42.
I am here to help justanotherdiaz.
With age comes wisdom justanotherdiaz.
You know this.
They trusted you and you broke that trust.
That is why you feel bad about getting the buds behind their backs.
Telling them the truth does not change what you did.
But it starts to fix the situation.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

hey guys, first time poster here and im kinda facing a little internal dilemma rn. So lately I’ve been getting closer to God as I know he’s coming sooner than we think, so I wanna make sure im ready for Him for when he comes!

What do you mean by "closer to God"? What is this, exactly?

What do you mean by "ready for Him when He comes"? Why is His soon coming what is prompting you to "get closer to God"? Why haven't you been working to "get closer" to Him all along because walking with God is what He made you for?

Recently however, I bought AirPods (with my own money) behind my parents back (they probably wouldn’t approve) and I have to hide when I use them.

Generally, the things we do that we must hide from others are things we ought not to be doing. What is it about having AirPods that your parents don't like?

Internally I feel terrible because yes, I got my desired AirPods, but I know I had to commit a sin of going behind my parents back just to get them. Should I return them? Or do I keep them?

I think you already know the answer to this question but you don't like the answer so your asking us here what you should do. Obey your conscience. Obey the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Obey God's command to honor your parents.

I know God will forgive me for this, I just don’t know if I should completely get rid of this as it feels like a “secret sin”. any advice would be greatly appreciated 😭

See above. Remember: God doesn't give us the commands that He does for His sake but only for ours. Doing things His way may not always feel like the best way, but it is. No one knows better than God Almighty how we ought to live. Do you believe it? You've got an opportunity to demonstrate that you do in this business with the AirPods.

Back