Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Kingdom of God is the Kingdom of Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is true only until the Second Coming of Christ. After that the Kingdom of God will be evident on earth as a real, physical, worldwide Kingdom with redeemed nations on earth and Christ as King.

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev 11:15).

Once again, this reminds us that unless Christians take ALL Scriptures into account, they will not understand God's plans and purposes.
I'm not talking about the second coming of Christ as I am talking about the here and now before Christ returns.

It is manifest in the gathering of believers at the Lord's supper, the Eucharist.
And it is yet to come in its fullness.

The Kingdom of God is a charismatic kingdom. The life of the kingdom is the presence of the Holy Spirit.

No, because the Holy Spirit had not yet been given.

Indeed we do. For some reason, arguing about theology seems to be much more fun that healing the sick, casting out demons and raising the dead.

The kingdom of God has nothing to do with the gathering of believers or the Eucharist. The kingdom of God is within each individual as we are made kings and priest and reign with Him here on this present earth.

The life of the kingdom of God is Christ in us and we in Him as the Holy Spirit is our comforter and teacher of all things Spiritual.

In the OT the Holy Spirit fell on certain people, but never indwelled them.

Those who argue are not pleasing to the Lord, but we who discuss without putting others down do gain knowledge from one another as the Holy Spirit works through those who help teach us, it's called discerning and rightly dividing the word of God until we all come into all truths.

Thank you for your uninformed opinion.
I'm sorry you don't understand the concept.
What concept? the Lords supper in breaking of bread and drinking from the cup is to be done in remembrance of what Jesus went through for us on the cross as part of the New Testament of His life death and resurrection, Luke 22:19,20.

I don't believe flippancy has any place in this discussion.

Oh I wasn't meaning to be flippant. In some pastors sermon one time, he was recounting a testimony where Jesus had been visiting him repeatedly, and once while driving he asked Jesus what kind of car He liked.(guy talk). He said BMW. He then asked Jesus why...and was told...BMW...Be My Witness.

I'm not sure if he was joking. He sounded serious.

Jesus does have a sense of humor. Sorry if I offended you Brother.

There is no tabernacle of God in the New Jerusalem.
The tabernacle was a moveable temple which was replaced by a permanent temple.
There is no temple in the New Jerusalem.

What???.............. God is the Spiritual tabernacle in heaven as He sits in the Spiritual temple like that of the literal temple of God when His Shekinah glory use to fill the Temple in Jerusalem before it was destroyed in 70AD. The tabernacle/temple of God will be the same as that of the heavenly as it will not be made by hands, but is a Spiritual tabernacle/Temple where Gods Shekinah glory will come and dwell with us and we with Him and His Son Christ Jesus in all His glory. This is why we are given new glorified bodies in order to be able to be in the presence of God for the mortal has to be changed to immortal in order to see the face of God for no one that is mortal can see His face and live, Exodus 33:20-23; Hebrews 9:11, 23,24; Rev 6:9-11; 8:3-5; 11:19; 15:5.

It is manifest in the gathering of believers at the Lord's supper, the Eucharist.
And it is yet to come in its fullness.

The Kingdom of God is a charismatic kingdom. The life of the kingdom is the presence of the Holy Spirit.

No, because the Holy Spirit had not yet been given.

Indeed we do. For some reason, arguing about theology seems to be much more fun that healing the sick, casting out demons and raising the dead.

What's wrong, Brother? You usually don't get snarky with people.

Trying to explain figurative language is difficult when people are so predisposed to a 'literal' interpretation. As a general rule one can associate 'spiritual' with figurative, as contrasted with 'physical' or literal. With that in mind, a spiritual Kingdom of God/Kingdom of Heaven/New Jerusalem is not identified by physical characteristics. Rather it is a Kingdom(subjects organized under the authority of their King) identified by the unseen Spirit which inhabits/motivates/animates the King and His subjects. Is this Spirit from Heaven, and sent by God? In the case of Christianity, yes. If you are a Christian then you are already living in the Kingdom of God/Kingdom of Heaven/New Jerusalem. Are you helping to expand its borders? Not physical borders, but figurative, as to include more citizens. Do you believe this City, as governed by Jesus Christ, could ever be overcome by the non Christian world? I don't.

Dan 2:35 - Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Dan 2:44 - And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Dan 2:45 - Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.​

the Lords supper in breaking of bread and drinking from the cup is to be done in remembrance of what Jesus went through for us on the cross as part of the New Testament of His life death and resurrection,
Ah! A "remembrance" ritual.
Well, "What you see is what you get." (Geraldine)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back