Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Kissing!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

Lady in waiting

I am in a stickey situation! A guy friend of a dare is going to kiss me. So I am scared snotless. I do not want to apear to be a chicken. but I want my first kiss to be special! Esp scince I am 18 and waited this long for it! but I am a little prideful. So anyone want to give me some advice!? Please? :oops: :wink: :B-fly:

I am actualy going into the ministry to work with teen girls saving themseves for marrage. I start my first time leading a bible study next friday. So please just pray. :angel: :B-fly:

I certainly will pray. First that you set the highest example and then that many follow. Save all of yourself for your wedding day, including your first kiss.

It has long been my dream to have my first kiss when my new husband lifts my veil and the minster says you may kiss your bride! :Fade-color :B-fly:

Lady in waiting said:
It has long been my dream to have my first kiss when my new husband lifts my veil and the minster says you may kiss your bride! :Fade-color :B-fly:

You can make it more then a dream. You can make it reality, but do it for the Lord and you will receive the blessing two fold. :wink:

I prayed a LOT about this and God showed me the way out. He is so fathful and I am SO happy! I would also like to thank you for taking the time to respond! :Fade-color :B-fly:

Listen bud this is my God called minstry so you better step off! God has called me to work with teen Girls on saving themselvs for marage. Now if I sleep with a guy before my weding night what tkind of example would I be. I think you need to take a VERY close look at your own spirtual life! What do I plan to do after my weding night... I plan to live, I plan to use my life to serve God. That is a life style not something you just pick up when you want to! :Fade-color :B-fly:

Hello atmosphere,
can I ask you a question? I am not trying to be smart or anything, I just have a question. Do you claim to be a Christian and actually believe that you are a Christian? Just curious.

yeah- i can see how that sounded harsh... i'm sorry- don't mean to pick on you (lady) so much. it's just that, well, i sent you a private message- so hopefully you can see where i'm coming from. i understand and respect your ministry... it's just that there's more to life, than just worying about sex (with someone or just yourself)... all i'm saying is, if it happens dust yourself off and keep on keeping on.

Do you claim to be a Christian and actually believe that you are a Christian? Just curious.
actually, it's funny you ask- i don't call myself a christian... i am a follower of Christ. but not "christian"... there's too many bad ideas and thoughts that follow the term Christian. it was also actually a slang term back in the day to make fun of people who followed Jesus' teachings.

If I mess up life will go on I am saved by God's grace he will forgive me and life will go on. :Fade-color :B-fly:

your ministry sounds like joshua harris' in "I kissed dating goodbye" - excellent book by the way for EVERY TEEN

I think you need to define what sort of kiss?

If it is one you'd give your grandma or brother it would be quite safe I would imagine.
However if it is rather the 'french' type it is probably best to save it for a more serious attraction!

I have it all worked out. This topic was actualy started I think like in Jan. Not really sure when though. but actualy I dont want any guy toucing my lips till my weding day. :Fade-color

I realize this is an old thread, but I want to say that I'm very glad to see that LadyInWaiting is so proud about her stand. I think she is a very good role model for young women.

I'm reviving this thread because I was recently asked about my first Kiss on another set of forums. I thought I'd share it in this thread as well.

Foreword: Cheesey story approaching. I'm a guy and I remember the moments of all past relationship as well as most women. I'm odd like that I guess. If it was Important to her, it was important to me. This in no way proves that I have emotions because a Guy would never admit to such. Men I apologize for picking on the steriotypical guy through out my story.

My first kiss was at the end of my freshman year of high school. I had dated before and gone though an entire 4 month relationship without even olding her hand. I thought I was able to control the PDA's. Wrong.

Guy moment: What's wrong with PDA's?

That June my girl friend and I we're waiting outside a bagel shop, for her Mom. We had just finished watching Mulan Rouge, which believe it or Not, I invited her mom to stay and watch with us. I told you I'm Odd, Parents trust is really Big for me.

Reality Check: Who invites the parent on a date? I'm Odd like that.
Guy Moment: Who invites the mom, the one who will more likly censor the date, on a date? I'm Odd like that

While she was in the shop my girl friend and I we're talking about the Movie. Then out of the blue she kissed me. I somewhat afraid of her Mom, and not a huge fan of PDA's, said it wasn't proper to kiss in public.

Guy Moment: I know, what a loser, she kissses me and I reject? I'm Odd like that.

She wanted nothing to do with that, so she kissed me again. I was just about 16 at the time, so that time I followed her lead. We broke up two month later. Her parents didn't like that I taught Bible Studies at 16. Cheesey story over.

Guy Moment: I know the following is not mocho, but to be frank, I don't care. I'm Odd like that.

Now I look back at High School and wish I never had kissed her, or even dated her. I honestly didn't give that relationship fully over to God. Now I don't date until God gives me I sign I oathed to him. I've completely surrendered my right to date and choose my wife to the Father. I just wish I could still give my first kiss to my future wife. I feel like that's what God wants all of us to do. Would I mind having a girl friend, not really. Life gets lonely sometimes. Would I mind hindering God from blessing me as richly as he wants to, you bet. That's why I stand where I stand.

What's wrong with dating? I've never dated but I don't see how else you get to know each other

Well, for me I get to know a girl through ordinary friendships.

You have to remember though, just because you're dating doesn't mean you have to be kissing. I think we have a thread in the college forums that will explain things better.

WOW! :o i really admire your dedication! i am going to stay pure untill my wedding day, but i know it's hard for me and i'm only 14. keep it up! i really look up to you now and u have earned a lot of respect! what a bride u will be! :wink:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back