Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Lady in church on why she wears stilettos

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

farouk

This is true: my wife said to a lady in church that we know well: I see you manage to come to church in your six inch heels.

Our friend replied: These aren't six inches, they are seven inches. I got to be able still to look at my growing teen son straight in the eyes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the lady's reason is just a humorous excuse. Maybe the stilettos make her feel pretty, which is a good enough reason for me.

I think the lady's reason is just a humorous excuse. Maybe the stilettos make her feel pretty, which is a good enough reason for me.

Well from her point of view I guess her 7 inch stilettos are static, but her teen son continues to grow rapidly...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why every home is supposed to have a dad AND mom in it - so when the kid gets outta hand and mouths off at or hits his mom - dad can come around the corner and announce: "You have just instigated your own mugging!"

This is why every home is supposed to have a dad AND mom in it - so when the kid gets outta hand and mouths off at or hits his mom - dad can come around the corner and announce: "You have just instigated your own mugging!"

Actually they are a mom and a dad in that family.

I guess the existence of dad, and mom's 7 inch stilettos are kind of apples and oranges... :chin

Okay so I guess also that this thread was started because it was intended to be jokesy folksy.

My wife and I got a smile out of our friend's comment, anyway.

(Maybe the thread could run out of steam, once folk have duly smiled, too....)

Blessings.

PS:

By the look of the kids of the lady in question, not even her chosen means to be able to look at her rapidly growing son (and daughter) in the eyes will soon be enough...

I bought myself some boots a couple years ago with really high heels. I had never worn them before. One day I was feeling fancy and put them on. I walked to the mail box and back. My calves hurt SO bad, and my toes were slipping in the boots. Not a fun experience! I was later told that you have to work your way up..lol

I bought myself some boots a couple years ago with really high heels. I had never worn them before. One day I was feeling fancy and put them on. I walked to the mail box and back. My calves hurt SO bad, and my toes were slipping in the boots. Not a fun experience! I was later told that you have to work your way up..lol

I know women with the right physique can look really sexy wearing stilettos, but they can look sexy anyway. Wearing those high heels can't really be good for a woman, and I wish they wouldn't feel pressured to do so.

But,I have to say, after living in southern Italy, I got used to women not shaving their legs or pits, and that doesn't bother me either. I just think woman can be very attractive in a more natural state without doing a lot of the things they do.

As with so many non-doctrinal things, it's not a question of what's right or wrong, it's what the person is accustomed to. And really high heels do take some getting accustomed to, don't they?

Blessings.

Makes me wonder, what kind of things do men do that's uncomfortable.. like...waxing their chest hair?

Makes me wonder, what kind of things do men do that's uncomfortable.. like...waxing their chest hair?

Shaving after not bothering to do so for 2 or 3 days, can be a bit uncomfortable... :)

(But I'm sure stilettos look nicer...)

I think stilettos look awesome... I just can't wear them....:biggrin

Well, ask dh for some 2" stilettos for Christmas, and practise on them, alternating sometimes with your high ones, and this is how practice makes perfect, I guess...

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back