Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Leaving a friend behind

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Praying 🙏
This is a hard one. I lost all of my friends after conversion. It was…ridiculous. Now I have one unbeliever friend who reentered my life because she felt like it I guess? But with the darkness vs light in mind there’s a real limit to the friendship…

And that’s for the best.
Praying 🤲 for you…

You know the situation best and maybe it's for the best for all I know, but I don't think we need to cut off all nonbelievers from friendship just on principle

I would like prayers because im leaving an old friend of a couple years behind because she doesnt believe in God. Shes doesn't believe in Jesus and i dont want to have to continue a friendship with her when it says not to. It does more harm then good.
Hello blessedly_me23:
I'm just an old believer in Jesus now, but if I could pass this along to you. Are you afraid your friend was going to lead you down a wrong path? Did your friend have a problem with you being a Christian? Did your friend ever hide something to you that could be harmful to you not knowing about?
If not those things be her friend. We should be the best friends people have. 😊 well second best friend sorry Lord 😂

No, it's that sometimes when I need help she refuses to use God as help for me. She makes it seems like it's fun to not believe in God and that's how she gets through things, like shes trying to get me to say forget it and not believe . She talks about me behind my back and I'm just tired of the abuse I feel shes putting me through. The mistreatment I get from her is abuse.

blessedly_me23
Our friends also may find out what it feels like to be mocked. That's when to be there for our friends.

Once you were like sheep
who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls. 1Pet.2:25 NLT

He knew how it felt way more than anybody,

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Isa.53:3 KJV

I have aquanteses, friends, safety net, family and core friends. Bad company curropts good character. That is why I have this way. Got to guard your heart and becareful who you spend your most time with especially if married or married and have children.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back