Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Left Behind..Part Deux

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

BenJasher

I am now going to do what I have said I would do on several occasions: post scriptures that disprove the Rapture theory.

I will post the scripture in it’s entirety, including the entire passage if necessary for context, and possibly add some commentary along the way.

I will post in small doses, because as these posts get longer, the fewer there are that will read them. Most people will not read a post that takes longer than 5 seconds for them to read, so I will have to do this in small bites. I want people to read these, and think, and question what they have always been taught. Maybe there will be some who come to the same conclusion I have, that when it comes to a Rapture; “I Want To Be Left Behind.â€Â

Gen 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God created man to have dominion over the earth. He didn’t create it to give it to the anti-christ, or the devil, or anyone else other than man.

Proverbs

Though the Book of Proverbs isn’t considered to be prophetic, it is considered to be a book of wisdom. But this book of “wise sayings†has plenty to tell us about the fate of the wicked. Some are obscure, some are straight to the point. But, regardless of how they come across, these sayings need to be factored into the evidence against the Rapture.

Pro 2:21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, And the perfect shall remain in it.
Pro 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the land, And the treacherous shall be rooted out of it.

Pro 3:33 The curse of Jehovah is in the house of the wicked; But he blesseth the habitation of the righteous.
Pro 10:25 When the whirlwind passeth, the wicked is no more; But the righteous is an everlasting foundation.

Pro 10:27 The fear of Jehovah prolongeth days; But the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Pro 10:30 The righteous shall never be removed; But the wicked shall not dwell in the land.

Pro 12:3 A man shall not be established by wickedness; But the root of the righteous shall not be moved.

Pro 12:7 The wicked are overthrown, and are not; But the house of the righteous shall stand.

Pro 14:11 The house of the wicked shall be overthrown; But the tent of the upright shall flourish.

Pro 21:12 The righteous man considereth the house of the wicked, How the wicked are overthrown to their ruin.

Pro 21:18 The wicked is a ransom for the righteous; And the treacherous cometh in the stead of the upright.

Pro 24:16 For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again; But the wicked are overthrown by calamity.

Pro 24:19 Fret not thyself because of evil-doers; Neither be thou envious at the wicked:
Pro 24:20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; The lamp of the wicked shall be put out.

Pro 28:18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be delivered; But he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.

I ain't nowhere near finished. There is more to come.

I will continue this later...

I don't think the verses you have chosen are very convincing.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

This can not be the second coming, then Jesus comes to where we are instead of taking us to where He is

Its Greek equivalent is harpazo, which is found in the Greek text of 1 Thes. 4:17. When they're translated into English, both words mean "to be caught up, or snatched away." Harpazo, the word Paul actually used, comes from roots that mean, "to raise from the ground" and" take for oneself" and hints that the Lord's eagerly claiming us for Himself.

1 Cor 15:51-52
51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Both Matt. 24:31 (they'll gather His elect from one end of the heavens to the other) and Rev. 17:14 (with Him will be His called, chosen, and faithful followers) say that we'll be with the Lord when He returns, this has to happen sometime before the 2nd Coming. And it can't be just the resurrected believers coming back with Him because the Rapture passages above say that we'll be changed at the same time as the dead are raised.

see http://www.raptureready.com/soap/rapture-defend.html for full text

Number 1) I am only getting started. And I will address your points in the other Left Behind thread. I am more than willing to discuss your thoughts, we'll just do it over there.
Number 2) Ain't it grand, Zero Link? I will quit making these posts and starting these threads when I feel I have done all I can to expose the fallacy of the Rapture. As I said, I am just getting warmed up.

Actually DQ, the scripture in Thessolonians isn't the only place harpazo is used in the Greek New Testament, as the article you linked to states. It is also used in Acts 23. In one place, it is translated "caught up" in another it is translated as 'arrested." Which translation is correct?

Are we going to be "caught up" or "arrested" when the Rapture happens?

Sorry this has taken so long. I am finding there just isn't enough hours in the day. Or as I get older, I can't do as much as I used to. But here we go again.

These posts are not intended to be exhaustive. I am giving small doses for the sake of readability. So please take the time to read and prayerfully consider.

God Takes His People through, Not Out Of, Difficult Situations

Nehemiah 9:9-11
And thou sawest the affliction (tribulation)of our fathers in Egypt, and heardest their cry by the Red Sea, and showedst signs and wonders upon Pharaoh, and on all his servants, and on all the people of his land; for thou knewest that they dealt proudly against them, and didst get thee a name, as it is this day. And thou didst divide the sea before them, so that they went through the midst of the sea on the dry land; and their pursuers thou didst cast into the depths, as a stone into the mighty waters.

Psalm 66:6, 10-12
He turned the sea into dry land; They went through the river on foot: There did we rejoice in him.
For thou, O God, hast proved us: Thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. Thou broughtest us into the net; Thou layedst a sore burden upon our loins. Thou didst cause men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; But thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Psalm 84:5-6
Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; In whose heart are the highways to Zion. Passing through the valley of Weeping they make it a place of springs; Yea, the early rain covereth it with blessings.

Psalm 106:7-12
Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; They remembered not the multitude of thy lovingkindnesses, But were rebellious at the sea, even at the Red Sea.
Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, That he might make his mighty power to be known. He rebuked the Red Sea also, and it was dried up: So He led them through the depths, as through a wilderness. And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, And redeemed them from the hand of the enemy. And the waters covered their adversaries; There was not one of them left. Then believed they his words; They sang his praise.

Daniel 3:24-25
Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste: he spake and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the aspect of the fourth is like a son of the god.

Isaiah 4:2-3
In that day shall the branch of Jehovah be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel. And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem;

Isaiah 43:1-2
But now thus saith Jehovah that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee; I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Jeremiah 2:5-6
Thus saith Jehovah, What unrighteousness have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain? Neither said they, Where is Jehovah that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought and of the shadow of death, through a land that none passed through, and where no man dwelt?

Zechariah 13:8-9
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.(the remnant of the righteous) And I will bring the third part into the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people; and they shall say, Jehovah is my God.

John 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them from the world, but that thou shouldest keep
them from the evil one.

"Don’t take them out of the world Dad; But please protect them from evil." God will have to leave His Son's prayer unanswered here if we (the Church) are Raptured out of this world for any reason, for any length of time.

Ben, Ben... you have said you don't believe in Wrath, but you show us, per Zechariah 13:8-9, how God will bring His Chosen through His Wrath. (remember now, this is OT stuff; the ekklesia isn't even suggested in this passage - we are included here though; 1 Thessalonians 5:9)

I do agree that nowhere can it be found, where God promises us exemtpion from trials and tribulation of any kind or magnitude. Are we somehow more favorful in God's eyes than all those Christians who have been persecuted in the past?

Maybe one day we (as in whoever) can do a study from the OT on the Day of the Lord. 8-)

No need to explain why you don't believe in Wrath, since that will spark a debate which is not allowed here at this time.

Peace

Vic,

Finally! Someone who can expressing himself without starting a fight. I get so-o-o tired of playing stupid head games with Okies who have nothing better to do with themselves than start a fight, nor the operative grey matter to know better.

But I am going to respond to this in the other Left Behind thread, to keep from derailing this thread.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back