Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Let us glorify our creator, savior and redeemer, the Lord God Almighty

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
png_20211214_114732_0000.png
An Emoji Devotions for Tue 14th December, 2021

Topic: Let us glorify our creator, savior and redeemer, the Lord God Almighty

By Pastor Hans Ulrich Wenger

Highlights:

• I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. (Ezekiel 39:7)

• Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you [your name] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. (John 17:24-26)

I was raised in a modern world with no place for an Almighty God. The belief in him was not only considered outdated and a relic from the dark middle Ages, it was considered a denial of science and obstruction of progress. God got openly ridiculed and so were the people who still bowed down to him and tried to hold his laws and rules upright. With the philosophy of the Frankfurter school, there was no place anymore for an absolute truth. Everything became relative. The only absolute that remained was their belief in the relativity of all things. Truth got totally individualized. It is my truth, your truth, his or her truth, but a generally accepted truth ceased to exist. What had been known as “good” for centuries got now questioned and challenged and turned more and more to notions like “obsolete, life denying, boring and bad and an obstacle to development”. Society got invited to a permanent discourse to redefine the common values, but nobody could participate, who had already a premeditated set of values. Although there were many warnings from watchful Christians, who saw that Isaiah 5:20 “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter,” got fulfilled before their eyes the new philosophy made its way even into the church. It is therefore high time we turned around to the Lord God, who is the way, the truth and the live. Whoever denies him has truly no future.

In our first highlight the prophet Ezekiel talks from a war that is about to come over the people of Israel. It is a war that will show how feeble all the armies of this world are before the really existing God. He himself will win the war and the people of Israel and all the nations will see where the true truth comes from. No longer will his holy name be profaned. The church, that means you and I need to repent and to return to his laws and then to boldly proclaim his name, his gospel and all of his unchangeable truth even before the Ezekiel war is going to break loose.

Our second highlight reminds us that we are to make known Jesus wherever we go and wherever we are. In him, in his love we have seen the father and therefore we know his love, his absolute truth and his absolute goodness. In John 14:9 Jesus tells us: “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.” What a treasure is given unto us in the relationship with Jesus. What is still in our way to tell the world that our own hope is in Jesus alone and that whoever does not turn to him will be lost in eternity? We have slept too long and while we were sleeping Lucifer’s demons have infiltrated mankind more and more. We are living in an evil time (Ephesians 5:16) and the evil powers want to make us afraid. It is crucial that we do not look to them, but only to Jesus, who already has the victory over all powers. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. (Colossians 2:15) Let us get rid of all the deception that has come into the church through the philosophy of evil people and boldly confess Christ’s love and salvation. In him alone is salvation.

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, let me be strong in you and in your mighty power. Help me to boldly glorify your name among the people around me. Make me a tool in your hand that your name will be hallowed around me. Give me the strength to intervene wherever your name is profaned in my presence. Thank you for your salvation. Help me that I praise your holy name not only in my prayers, but publicly without the fear of being shamed. Thank you, that you are with me. Amen

Back