Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Leviticus 26:3-27:34

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ben Avraham

Parasha: B'Chukotai (In my statutes, ordinances) Leviticus 26:3-27:34

This is the last study in the Book of Leviticus. So, Let's take a look at what it is about.

Basically, Adonai is giving conditions as to blessings or, curses. Any time scripture starts with "If.....then...etc" it is conditional.
Blessings if you adhere to my commandments and ordinances, or curses if you abandon my commandments and ordinances. It is that simple.

"Commandments" come from the word "Mitzvah" and from the verb "Tzvah" (to command) or to act on a command.
"Ordinances or statutes" come from the word "Chok" a condition, a requirement, or a limit.

Adonai is telling us to "Walk in my statutes, guard my commandments, and put them into practice. We could say that the statutes and ordinances are the fine details of the commandments. When we say "Shema" (listen) it means "listen and obey."

We can see the Torah as a "Fence" The fence has a "limit" beyond the fence we should not go. So, as long as we stay within those limits imposed by God through His commandments, we are good. Yet going beyond the fence, and ignoring HIS warnings, what else can we expect but retribution?

The rabbis in "Pirke Avot" (Ethics of the Fathers) say: Study to learn, and we learn to do. Also, "Study is not only to acquire knowledge but to gain understanding and wisdom to put what has been learned into action.

We see in these final chapters that Israel is being promised material blessings connected to the land and wellbeing in response to obeying God's commandments and ordinances, yet curses and punishment for turning their back on God's commandments and ordinances—both material/physical and emotional curses.

It is said that when Israel received the Torah, a sword came down with the Torah as well. Israel saw and heard the Torah, but didn't see the sword. The Torah symbolizes "God as a friend" (Elohim HaChaver) and the sword as "God as a foe" (Elohim HaCherev) Using only the consonants, "Chaver and Cherev" have the same letters, yet two consonants are reversed. (the "v" and the "r")

God will be with us and will bless us IF we obey His teachings and commandments, yet will be Against us IF we disobey and walk in rebellion.
This is very easy to understand since God acts like a Father who disciplines his children when they act contrary to his commandments.

We are HIS children, and we are part of HIS family through faith in Yeshua/Jesus as our LORD and Savior. That is a fact, yet there are consequences when we act contrary to his WORD. Wayward saints often suffer a lot until they return to the sheepfold.

They abandon the Good Shepherd, yet the Good Shepherd always waits for their return. Yeshua said; "If you love me, obey my commandments" I believe that our parents expected nothing less from us when we were living under their roof. We can see a good example of blessings or curses in our everyday life walk. IF...you stop at the red light, you are blessed and you will not get into an accident or get a ticket. IF..you do NOT stop at the red light, THEN..you might get a ticket or worse, get into an accident.

The last part of chapter 26 talks about Israel being cast out of the land and scattered amongst the nations, yet Adoani will NEVER reject His people, even being in other lands. We see Y'Hudim in all parts of the world, especially in East Europe, in the Americas, North, Central, and South America. Even though we are away from the Promised Land, we are still part of HIS people.

We see in the Book of Acts, in chapter 2 when the theme is Shavuot/Pentecost, there were Y'hudim from many different areas of the nearby world, but they were all there to celebrate Shavuot (this year, June 12th and 13th).

Chapter 27 is about "vows" and the cost connected to vows. A vow is a serious matter in the eyes of God, especially if we mention HIS Holy name. A vow is a promise to do something. The money (in silver shekels) is like "Ernest Money" which is paid when a person is serious about buying some property. If the person changes his or her mind, the money is lost.

However, Yeshua tells us to let our YES be YES, and NO be NO. Instead of "vowing" just say "If the LORD permits..." Since the LORD is Master of our time on earth and only HE knows if we will be alive to fulfill a said promise or desire to do something.

HAZAK, HAZAK, V'NIT CHAZEK (be strong, be strong, and let us be strengthened)

https://www.talkjesus.com/posts/473065/edit

Key verses in this portion is Lev. 26:44-45, directly debunked the replacement theology (that the gentile church has replaced the forsaken Israel), and to an extent, the possibility of losing salvation. The punishment for apostasy is a loss of God's blessing, protection and reward, but not salvation. Israel is still Israel whom God delivered out of Egypt, none of them was deported back to Egypt.

Yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, nor shall I abhor them, to utterly destroy them and break My covenant with them; for I am the Lord their God. But for their sake I will remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the Lord.’

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back