Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Live & walk by the spirit!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

donadams

Only Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, the life!
Catholicism Overseer
Live & walk by the spirit!

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

How do we live & walk by the spirit?

(Gifts of the spirit)

Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel
Knowledge
Piety
Fortitude
Fear of the Lord

(Self-denial / narrow road)

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

(Ten Commandments)

First commandment: ex 20:2-6
One God

Second commandment: ex 20:7
God’s name

Third commandment: ex 20:8-11
God’s original sabbath

Fourth commandment: ex 20:12
Parents

Fifth commandment: ex 20:13
Murder

Sixth commandment: ex 20:14
Adultery

Seventh commandment: ex 20:15
Theft

Eighth commandment: ex 20:16
Lying

Ninth commandment: ex 20:17
Coveting Thy neighbors goods.

Tenth: Thou shalt not covet Thy neighbor’s wife. Ex 20:17

(Prayer)

Matt 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Mark 13:33
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mark 14:38
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

(Christian Meditation)

Passion of Christ:

Passion of Christ begins in the upper room at the last supper on Holy Thursday, they sing the hymns then at 9pm He enters the garden, to pray and offer Himself for the sins of the world (Jn 1:29) and shedding His blood, the He is betrayed, dragged away and abused, then false accusations and trials, then early in the morning to Pilate, with scourging and crowning with thorns, then presented to the people, condemned to death, at 9 am He begins the carrying the cross until stripped of His garments opening His wounds and shedding his blood anew He is crucified at noon, and hanging on the cross for 3 hours He dies at 3pm then laid in the arms of His sorrowful mother, then the tomb.

The agony in the garden

The scourging at the pillar
(By His stripes we are healed)

The crowning with thorns

The carrying of the cross

Jesus dies on the cross

Stations of the cross:

1st Jesus is Condemned to Death
2nd Jesus Carries the Cross
3rd Jesus Falls for the First Time
4th Jesus Meets His Mother
5th Simon of Cyrene Helps Jesus Carry His Cross
6th Veronica Wipes the Face of
7th Jesus Falls a Second Time
8th Jesus Meets the Women
9th Jesus Falls a Third Time
10th Jesus is Stripped of His Garments
11th Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
12th Jesus Dies on the Cross
(3 pm Christ died on Good Friday)
13th Jesus’ Body is Removed from the Cross and laid in the arms of His sorrowful mother (fulfilling the prophecy of Simeon Lk 2:23-35)
14th Jesus is Laid in the Tomb

The Seven Sorrows of Mary:

The Prophecy of Simeon
(Luke 2:34-35)

The Flight into Egypt
(Matthew 2:13-21)

The Loss of Jesus for Three Days (Luke 2:41-50)

The Carrying of the Cross
(John 19:17)

The Crucifixion of Jesus
(John 19:18-30)

Jesus Taken Down from the Cross (John 19:39-40)

Jesus Laid in the Tomb
(John 19:39-42)

(Angels & Saints)

“Cloud of great witnesses” Heb 12:1
“Those who keep the commandments & have the testimony of Jesus Christ “
Rev 12:17
“Witnesses of Christ” Acts 1:8

Arch-Angels

St. Michael
St. Gabriel
St. Raphael

All the Holy Angels (Heb 1:14)

All the Holy Saints (Rev 5:8)

Imitation of the lives of the saints
(1 Cor 11:1)

(Practice of the Virtues of Jesus Christ)

Faith
Hope
Charity

Prudence
Justice
Fortitude
Temperance

Humility
Moderation
Obedience
Courage
Meekness
Generosity
Honesty
Modesty
Purity
Perseverance
Patience

(Alms)

Matt 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

(Fasting)

Matt 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

(Sacraments)

Baptism
Confession
Eucharist
Confirmation in the faith
Marriage
Holy Orders (priesthood)
Extreme Unction

(Suffering)

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind (lacking) of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

What’s lacking, our participation!
(The church participates in the Redemptive work of Christ)

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

(Spiritual Works of mercy)

Admonish the sinner
Instruct the ignorant
Counsel the doubtful
Comfort the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently
Forgive all injuries
Pray for the living and the dead

(Corporal works of mercy)

Feed the hungry
Give drink to the thirsty
Clothe the naked
Give shelter to foreigners
visit the sick
visit the imprisoned
bury the dead

(Or Jesus already did it all for us, and there is nothing we can do)

Works of the flesh:

Pride, anger, lust, gluttony, sloth, greed, & envy

Rebellion / protesting

Fruits of the spirit:

Love:
Joy:
Peace:
Patience:
Kindness:
Generosity:
Faithfulness:
Gentleness:
Self-control:

Or do you think the boy thing possible is “faith alone”???

Holy reading:

Sacred Scripture

Imitation of Christ
By Thomas A. Kempis
(2nd most widely read book)

Spiritual Combat
By Scupoli

The School of Jesus crucified

Sinners guide
Ven. Louis of Grenada

Light & peace
By Quadrapani

How to be happy / how to be holy
By Fr. Paul O’Sullivan

Introduction to the devout life:
By St. Francis De Sales

The passion:
By St. Paul of the cross

Lives of the saints:

Butlers, and most old missals have lives of the saints included

Acts of the martyrs:

Martyrs of the Coliseum
Victory of the Martyrs
By St. Alphonse Lugori

(foxes book of martyrs is condemned)

In Christ or for Christ or both?
We must be united to Christ by faith & baptism and filled with His powerful Spirit & grace our actions are salutary, meritorious, and beneficial to others spiritual needs, for we are in Christ but also for Christ, for Christ’s sake with is the salvation of souls.

Jn 15:5 apart from Christ we can do nothing
“SALUTARY & MERITORIOUS!

So the opposite is also true with Christ united to His Spirit & grace we can do all things, both meritorious & salutary!
Bear Fruit!

All glory Unto God for it by Him and His Spirit & Grace that we can do good works!

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Jn 15:1-4

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

You can’t say the branches are not saved (process of salvation) or not born again or spirit filled cos they were in Christ and connected to the vine!

The apostolic church is the mystical body of Christ.

A limb that has a cut off from the body dies, life remains with the body!

Serious Sin causes spiritual death and requires repentance before physical death makes the separation permanent. 1 Jn 5:16

Jn 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Matt 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lost not simply “out of fellowship”!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back