Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

LIVING FOR GOD OR OURSELVE

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mharold

Most churches say they are bible base and I feel that partial correct because I know that they don't strictly by the bible word for word. I must say I'm a man that believe in Christ and He died and rose for our sins but I know that about 95 percent of Christians are not living by his commandment to say the least. I see the cross and I say Exodus 20:4-64 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
But almost every church have a cross or a picture of Jesus our Lord. We are taught first these things but look right over it. Just because our heart in the right place don't make it right.
Another thing is the sabbath day and most church go Sunday. But the 4 commandment Exodus 20:8-11
8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
And Jesus kept the sabbath day and if we do go to church on Sunday we don't keep the day holy. Most use the scripture like Roman 14:5, Act 20:7, Col.2:15 and etc.... But really I like some told me earlier we don't kill lamb when this was made know before Jesus walk the earth about 1400 year before. So I guess that why it to old or really who we living for.

The point of Lord Jesus dying was save us from our sins and nail the Mose Law as it is written Galatians 3:10-13

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree:

This how you know to keep the commandment Matt5:18-19

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
1 John 5:2-3
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous
Rev 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev 22:14
14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

But that nothing what somebody told me when GOD made a personal appearance to make these commandment know.
Also I love women but living by the Bible first when you pray you suppose to cover your head 1 Cor 10:5-6
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
And this is the bible talking but some say GOD don't care if you do or you don't but it right there. Also woman don't suppose be pastor and heads of churches and dress and conduct they self in a way that we don't remember diamond are a girl best friend 1Tim 2:9-12

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
I'm still living in the old days or just telling the truth. This not going into holidays and all the thing we celebrate in our Lord name but really are we using his name in vain. My attention is not to bash but to ask people to read for yourself. There a lot of thing I could talk about that we do and it not suppose too. But I leave with this scripture Matt7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I'm not disagreeing with you Webb, but I am curious. What is the scripture that supports your statement? This is an area of confusion for me.

The fourth commandment wasn't carried over into the New Testament
As WIP is curious, so am I. Wasn't it Jesus Himself who said: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" (Matthew 5:17). As far as I'm concerned when we are talking about "The Law being nailed to the cross", we're not talking about the 10 Commandments, but we're talking about the sacrificial law. Obviously, with the real Lamb now being sacrificed for our sins, there was no need anymore to sacrifice any lambs, thus making the sacrificial law obsolete... Furthermore, the assumption that we do not have to keep the 10 Commandments anymore because Jesus died for our sins is a bit... errr...well silly... It would mean that it is now okay to kill, steal, commit adultery etc. And it can definitely not be a matter of "picking and choosing" which commandment to keep and which to abolish.

The actual fact is that there isn't any scriptural foundation for a changed day of worship. Jesus kept the seventh day Sabbath and He never told us to do anything else. We can say wee keep the Sunday in honor of His resurrection, but we need to ask ourselves: "Did Jesus ask us to do so?" When God (=Jesus) told us in the fourth Commandment "Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy", He was clear on that point, beyond any doubt.

History shows that it was decades after the death of the apostles that a politico-religious system repudiated the Sabbath of Scripture and substituted the observance of the first day of the week. It was the Roman Church, in the person of Constantine that changed the Sabbath to the first day of the week. The Catholic Church leadership, in fact is very open about this. Look at these quotes:

James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.
"But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify."

Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism 3rd ed., p. 174.
"Question: Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?
"Answer: Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her-she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority."

So let it be clear, that there is no Scriptural authority for Sunday observance. Without casting judgment upon the Catholic view, I'd say that no honest Protestant, keeping in mind Luther's principle "Solo Scriptura", has any valid reason to worship on Sunday...

Last edited by a moderator:
The fourth commandment wasn't carried over into the New Testament

Not just commandment was my point like I said earlier it say in the new testament that women should cover her head when she pray but they don't. Or if I tell you really can't get a divorce and remarried so one but a pastor still do. See honestly if you don't feel that 4 commandment wasn't carried over Matt 12 that the LORD DAY even on the sabbath now he said that.. See the sabbath people could do their own work or labors and what Jesus show you in the chapter..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back