Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Living Sacrifice

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

SillySeth

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will."

As an 18 year old this scripture has helped me with my Christ so much. The verse speaks to me in many ways, and I would like to share these revelations to you, in hopes that it may strengthen your walk with Christ.

In Romans 12:1, Paul instructs us on how to live. Paul calls us to be offer ourselves as sacrifices for Christ. Not just sacrifices but LIVING sacrifices. We must pick up our cross and follow Christ. Therefore, we must humble ourselves, and admit we are wrong when we do wrong and accept others when they do wrong. Even though, it is hard, we must humble to others even when they are at fault, therefore showing God's love through the way we act.

I absolutely love Romans 12:2. In this verse, Paul calls us to be different. Not only, do we need to be living sacrifices and pick our cross daily but we must also be different. We must remain pure in an unpure world, we must remain righteous in an unirghteous world, we must remain true in a corrupt world. Therefore, we must not conform to this world but transformed. We must live in this world, but must not be of this world. We become transformed by renewing our minds and filling ourselves with God's holy word. By doing these things, we will be able to know God's will for our lives and thus live fully to what he has planned for us in our lives.

I hope this has helped someone, has much as it has strengthened my walk!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back