Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

londoners-are-grumpiest-group-in-uk

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
AH: was this survey a PR stunt for da new theme park? :multi:

What the Dickens? Great Expectations for themed attraction
By Elodie Mazein AFP

Britain's newest visitor attraction, a theme park dedicated to the novelist Charles Dickens, offers a taste of the grim world of Victorian London stalked by his characters like Oliver Twist, Ebenezer Scrooge and David Copperfield...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070531/t ... 6114e.html

See also What da Dickens? :o

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24957

Ian :robot: :fadein: :-D

I knew Billy G would put us all right :wink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Answer: Are Some Races Better Than Others?
Billy Graham

Q: Are some races or ethnic groups better than others? My father-in-law is a very prejudiced person, and he says the Bible teaches this. I'm not sure anything can change his mind, but is he right that this is what the Bible says? - D.F.

A: No, he is not right. God created the whole human race, and He gave each one of us a soul or spirit that sets us apart from the animals - and also makes us equally important in God's sight. The Bible says, "From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth" (Acts 17:26).

But God not only created the whole human race - He also loves the whole human race! Jesus Christ didn't come into the world to save just one ethnic group or one race; He came to die for all kinds of people. Perhaps the best-known verse in the Bible makes this clear: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

Racism is a sin in the eyes of God; how can we refuse to love those whom He loves? It is a sin also because it comes from an attitude of pride - an attitude that says we are better than someone who has a different skin color or a different culture from us. The Bible warns, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall" (Proverbs 16:18).

Pray for your father-in-law, and ask God to help you know how to respond to his prejudice. Most of all, ask God to help you examine your own life, and to allow Christ to replace any trace of racism or bigotry with His love.

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: http://www.billygraham.org.

========

As for Word 4 Today ... :fadein:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love One Another!

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble.

1 John 2:9,10 NIV

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 KJV

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.

Colossians 3:12,13 NASB

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Printer Friendly Version | Send this story to a friend | Back to Top

Through the Bible in a Year - Readings for May 31

May 31: Romans 6, 1 Samuel 15, Psalm 60

Click Here for the complete schedule

Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Meditation 5/27 - 6/2: Mt. 5:43-48 MSG

Love Your Enemies

"You're familiar with the old written law, 'Love your friend,' and its unwritten companion, 'Hate your enemy.'

I'm challenging that. I'm telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best - the sun to warm and the rain to nourish - to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that.

"In a word, what I'm saying is, Grow up. You're kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you."

Matthew 5:43-48 The Message

Ian

I had to comment, because I just returned from London with my husband and daughter, and we thought that most Londoners were very friendly and helpful. It was our first visit, and we had a very nice time.
:biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back