Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking for Jesus according to John

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
YOU

No this person is not, the verse never states this person is a believer. It plainly states that they do not understand.

I

You only know to say no but your "arguments" are too short!

YOU

I disagree and say no to your theology, because it goes against God's promises in The Bible.
Here is one promise, do you not believe this verse.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

This verse plainly states when a person believes in The Messiah they cross over from death to life and shall not come into judgment.
Unless you can show a verse that also plainly states other wise. That a believer can believe and not actually cross over from death life. Then all you have is a Biblical understanding based on misunderstanding of verses

So that should cause you to take harder verses and examine them better to actually understand what they are saying.

YOU

Here read the many promises from God for people about receiving His free gift of Eternal Life. It is a free gift requiring no actions other than simple belief.

John 3:14,15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 5:24
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 11:25,26,27
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

John 20:31
but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

I

- I have no theology!

- I learn every day and I want to share what I learn!

- I don't know anything!

- I just try to study and share with people!

- And I ask them to check and make their own choices!

- There are many people who say they know everything but men don't know anything!

- They do like the Pharisees and the scribes and the three individuals who think they know better than Job!

-There are other people who try to learn!

- I just want people to think and use their brains and learn and participate and try to follow the faithful servants of God and help others to do the same!

- It doesn't matter if they make mistakes!

- When we make mistakes, it helps us go ahead!

I

James 2:14

Greek
What
Τί (Ti)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

good [is it],
ὄφελος (ophelos)
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3786: Advantage, gain, profit, help. From ophello; gain.

my
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

brothers,
ἀδελφοί (adelphoi)
Noun - Vocative Masculine Plural
Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.

if
ἐὰν (ean)
Conjunction
Strong's 1437: If. From ei and an; a conditional particle; in case that, provided, etc.

someone
τις (tis)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

claims
λέγῃ (legē)
Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

to have
ἔχειν (echein)
Verb - Present Infinitive Active
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

faith,
πίστιν (pistin)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's 4102: Faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness.

but
δὲ (de)
Conjunction
Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

has
ἔχῃ (echē)
Strong's 2192: To have, hold, possess. Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; a primary verb; to hold.

no
μὴ (mē)
Adverb
Strong's 3361: Not, lest. A primary particle of qualified negation; not, lest; also (whereas ou expects an affirmative one) whether.

deeds?
ἔργα (erga)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

Can
δύναται (dynatai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1410: (a) I am powerful, have (the) power, (b) I am able, I can. Of uncertain affinity; to be able or possible.

such
ἡ (hē)
Article - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

faith
πίστις (pistis)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular

save
σῶσαι (sōsai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 4982: To save, heal, preserve, rescue. From a primary sos; to save, i.e. Deliver or protect.

him?
αὐτόν (auton)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

James 2: 15,16

Greek
Suppose
ἐὰν (ean)
Conjunction
Strong's 1437: If. From ei and an; a conditional particle; in case that, provided, etc.

a brother
ἀδελφὸς (adelphos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 80: A brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian. A brother near or remote.

or
ἢ (ē)
Conjunction
Strong's 2228: Or, than. A primary particle of distinction between two connected terms; disjunctive, or; comparative, than.

sister
ἀδελφὴ (adelphē)
Strong's 79: A sister, a woman (fellow-)member of a church, a Christian woman. Fem of adephos; a sister.

is
ὑπάρχωσιν (hyparchōsin)
Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 5225: To begin, am, exist, be in possession. From hupo and archomai; to begin under, i.e. Come into existence; expletively, to exist (verb).

without clothes
γυμνοὶ (gymnoi)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural
Strong's 1131: Rarely: stark-naked; generally: wearing only the under-garment; bare, open, manifest; mere. Of uncertain affinity; nude.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction
Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

daily
ἐφημέρου (ephēmerou)
Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 2184: For the day, daily, necessary for every day. From epi and hemera; for a day, i.e. Diurnal.

food.
τροφῆς (trophēs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular
Strong's 5160: Food, nourishment, maintenance. From trepho; nourishment; by implication, rations.

Greek
[If]
δέ (de)
Conjunction

one
τις (tis)
Strong's 5100: Any one, some one, a certain one or thing. An enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object.

of
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

you
ὑμῶν (hymōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

tells
εἴπῃ (eipē)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

him,
αὐτοῖς (autois)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

“Go
Ὑπάγετε (Hypagete)
Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 5217: To go away, depart, begone, die. From hupo and ago; to lead under, i.e. Withdraw or retire, literally or figuratively.

in
ἐν (en)
Preposition
Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

peace;
εἰρήνῃ (eirēnē)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1515: Probably from a primary verb eiro; peace; by implication, prosperity.

stay warm
θερμαίνεσθε (thermainesthe)
Verb - Present Imperative Middle or Passive - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 2328: To warm; mid: I warm myself. From therme; to heat.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

well fed,”
χορτάζεσθε (chortazesthe)
Verb - Present Imperative Middle or Passive - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 5526: To feed, satisfy, fatten. From chortos; to fodder, i.e. to gorge.

but
δὲ (de)
Conjunction

{does} not
μὴ (mē)
Adverb
Strong's 3361: Not, lest. A primary particle of qualified negation; not, lest; also (whereas ou expects an affirmative one) whether.

provide for
δῶτε (dōte)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

[his]
τὰ (ta)
Article - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

physical
σώματος (sōmatos)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 4983: Body, flesh; the body of the Church. From sozo; the body, used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively.

needs,
ἐπιτήδεια (epitēdeia)
Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural
Strong's 2006: Necessary, suitable, fit. From epitedes; serviceable, i.e. requisite.

what
τί (ti)
Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

good [ is that ]?
ὄφελος (ophelos)
Strong's 3786: Advantage, gain, profit, help. From ophello; gain.

James 2:17

Greek
So
οὕτως (houtōs)
Adverb
Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

too,
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

faith
πίστις (pistis)

by
καθ’ (kath’)
Preposition
Strong's 2596: A primary particle; down, in varied relations (genitive, dative or accusative) with which it is joined).

itself,
ἑαυτήν (heautēn)
Reflexive Pronoun - Accusative Feminine 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1438: Himself, herself, itself.

if
ἐὰν (ean)
Conjunction

it is not complemented
ἔχῃ (echē)

by action,
ἔργα (erga)

is
ἐστιν (estin)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

dead.
νεκρά (nekra)
Adjective - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

James 2:18

Greek
But
Ἀλλ’ (All’)
Conjunction
Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

someone
τις (tis)

will say,
ἐρεῖ (erei)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 2046: Probably a fuller form of rheo; an alternate for epo in certain tenses; to utter, i.e. Speak or say.

“You
Σὺ (Sy)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Singular

have
ἔχεις (echeis)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular

faith
πίστιν (pistin)

and I
κἀγὼ (kagō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

have
ἔχω (echō)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular

deeds.”
ἔργα (erga)

Show
δεῖξόν (deixon)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's 1166: A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show.

me
μοι (moi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

your
σου (sou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular

faith
πίστιν (pistin)

without
χωρὶς (chōris)
Preposition
Strong's 5565: Apart from, separately from; without. Adverb from chora; at a space, i.e. Separately or apart from.

deeds,
ἔργων (ergōn)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Plural

and I
κἀγώ (kagō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular
Strong's 2504: To also, I too, but I. From kai and ego; so also the dative case kamoi, and accusative case kame and I, me.

will show
δείξω (deixō)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's 1166: A prolonged form of an obsolete primary of the same meaning; to show.

you
σοι (soi)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Singular

[my]
τὴν (tēn)
Article - Accusative Feminine Singular

faith
πίστιν (pistin)

by
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition
Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

my
μου (mou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular

deeds.
ἔργων (ergōn)

James 2:20

Greek
O
ὦ (ō)
Interjection
Strong's 5599: A primary interjection; as a sign of the vocative case, O; as a note of exclamation, oh.

foolish
κενέ (kene)
Adjective - Vocative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2756: Apparently a primary word; empty.

man,
ἄνθρωπε (anthrōpe)
Noun - Vocative Masculine Singular
Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

do you want
Θέλεις (Theleis)
Strong's 2309: To will, wish, desire, be willing, intend, design.

evidence
γνῶναι (gnōnai)
Verb - Aorist Infinitive Active
Strong's 1097: A prolonged form of a primary verb; to 'know' in a great variety of applications and with many implications.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

faith
πίστις (pistis)

without
χωρὶς (chōris)
Preposition
Strong's 5565: Apart from, separately from; without. Adverb from chora; at a space, i.e. Separately or apart from.

deeds
ἔργων (ergōn)

is
ἐστιν (estin)
Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

worthless?
ἀργή (argē)
Strong's 692: Idle, lazy, thoughtless, unprofitable, injurious. (by implication) lazy, useless.

James 2:21

Greek
{Was} not
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

our
ἡμῶν (hēmōn)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Plural

father
πατὴρ (patēr)
Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

Abraham
Ἀβραὰμ (Abraam)
Strong's 11: Abraham, progenitor of the Hebrew race. Of Hebrew origin; Abraham, the Hebrew patriarch.

justified
ἐδικαιώθη (edikaiōthē)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 1344: From dikaios; to render just or innocent.

by
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition

what he did
ἔργων (ergōn)

when he offered
ἀνενέγκας (anenenkas)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 399: From ana and phero; to take up.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular

son
υἱὸν (huion)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.

Isaac
Ἰσαὰκ (Isaak)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2464: (Hebrew), Isaac, the patriarch. Of Hebrew origin; Isaac, the son of Abraham.

on
ἐπὶ (epi)
Preposition
Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Accusative Neuter Singular

altar?
θυσιαστήριον (thysiastērion)
Noun - Accusative Neuter Singular
Strong's 2379: An altar (for sacrifice). From a derivative of thusia; a place of sacrifice, i.e. An altar.

James 2:22

Greek
You see
βλέπεις (blepeis)
Strong's 991: (primarily physical), I look, see, perceive, discern. A primary verb; to look at.

that
ὅτι (hoti)
Conjunction
Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

[his]
ἡ (hē)

faith
πίστις (pistis)

was working with
συνήργει (synērgei)
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4903: To cooperate with, work together. From sunergos; to be a fellow-worker, i.e. Co-operate.

his
αὐτοῦ (autou)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular

actions,
ἔργοις (ergois)
Noun - Dative Neuter Plural

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

[his]
ἡ (hē)

faith
πίστις (pistis)

was perfected
ἐτελειώθη (eteleiōthē)
Strong's 5048: From teleios; to complete, i.e. accomplish, or consummate.

by
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition

what
τῶν (tōn)
Article - Genitive Neuter Plural

he did.
ἔργων (ergōn)

James 2:23

Greek
And
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

the
ἡ (hē)

Scripture
γραφὴ (graphē)
Strong's 1124: (a) a writing, (b) a passage of scripture; plur: the scriptures. A document, i.e. Holy Writ.

was fulfilled
ἐπληρώθη (eplērōthē)
Strong's 4137: From pleres; to make replete, i.e. to cram, level up, or to furnish, satisfy, execute, finish, verify, etc.

that
ἡ (hē)

says,
λέγουσα (legousa)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

“Abraham
Ἀβραὰμ (Abraam)
Strong's 11: Abraham, progenitor of the Hebrew race. Of Hebrew origin; Abraham, the Hebrew patriarch.

believed
Ἐπίστευσεν (Episteusen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.

God,
Θεῷ (Theō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

it was credited
ἐλογίσθη (elogisthē)
Strong's 3049: To reckon, count, charge with; reason, decide, conclude; think, suppose.

to him
αὐτῷ (autō)
Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

as
εἰς (eis)
Preposition
Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

righteousness,”
δικαιοσύνην (dikaiosynēn)
Strong's 1343: From dikaios; equity; specially justification.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

he was called
ἐκλήθη (eklēthē)
Strong's 2564: (a) I call, summon, invite, (b) I call, name. Akin to the base of keleuo; to 'call'.

a friend
φίλος (philos)
Adjective - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 5384: Friendly; subst: a friend, an associate. Properly, dear, i.e. A friend; actively, fond, i.e. Friendly.

of God.
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

James 2:24

Greek
As you can see,
ὁρᾶτε (horate)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's 3708: Properly, to stare at, i.e. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.

a man
ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos)
Strong's 444: A man, one of the human race. From aner and ops; man-faced, i.e. A human being.

is justified
δικαιοῦται (dikaioutai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular

by
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition

[his] deeds
ἔργων (ergōn)

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

not
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb
Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

by
ἐκ (ek)
Preposition

faith
πίστεως (pisteōs)
Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular

alone.
μόνον (monon)
Adverb
Strong's 3440: Alone, but, only. Neuter of monos as adverb; merely.

James 2: 25

Greek
In the same way,
Ὁμοίως (Homoiōs)
Adverb
Strong's 3668: In like manner, similarly, in the same way, equally. Adverb from homoios; similarly.

{was} not
οὐκ (ouk)
Adverb

even
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

Rahab
Ῥαὰβ (Rhaab)
Strong's 4460: Rahab, a Canaanitess, who rescued the Hebrew spies at Jericho. Of Hebrew origin; Raab, a Canaanitess.

the
ἡ (hē)

prostitute
πόρνη (pornē)
Strong's 4204: A prostitute; met: an idolatrous community. Feminine of pornos; a strumpet; figuratively, an idolater.

justified
ἐδικαιώθη (edikaiōthē)

by
ἐξ (ex)
Preposition

her actions
ἔργων (ergōn)

when she welcomed
ὑποδεξαμένη (hypodexamenē)
Verb - Aorist Participle Middle - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 5264: From hupo and dechomai; to admit under one's roof, i.e. Entertain hospitably.

the
τοὺς (tous)
Article - Accusative Masculine Plural

messengers
ἀγγέλους (angelous)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

and
καὶ (kai)
Conjunction

sent [them] off
ἐκβαλοῦσα (ekbalousa)
Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's 1544: To throw (cast, put) out; I banish; I bring forth, produce. From ek and ballo; to eject.

on another
ἑτέρᾳ (hetera)
Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 2087: (a) of two: another, a second, (b) other, different, (c) one's neighbor. Of uncertain affinity; other or different.

route?
ὁδῷ (hodō)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Strong's 3598: A way, road, journey, path. Apparently a primary word; a road; by implication, a progress; figuratively, a mode or means.

James 2:26

Greek
As
ὥσπερ (hōsper)
Adverb
Strong's 5618: Just as, as, even as. From hos and per; just as, i.e. Exactly like.

the
τὸ (to)
Article - Nominative Neuter Singular

body
σῶμα (sōma)
Strong's 4983: Body, flesh; the body of the Church. From sozo; the body, used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively.

without
χωρὶς (chōris)
Preposition

[the] spirit
πνεύματος (pneumatos)
Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.

is
ἐστιν (estin)

dead,
νεκρόν (nekron)
Adjective - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

so
οὕτως (houtōs)
Adverb
Strong's 3779: Thus, so, in this manner. Or (referring to what precedes or follows).

faith
πίστις (pistis)

without
χωρὶς (chōris)
Preposition

deeds
ἔργων (ergōn)

is
ἐστιν (estin)

dead.
νεκρά (nekra)

3) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 3:

- Jesus explains that to see God’s Kingdom it is necessary to be born again!

- Nicodemus doesn’t understand!

- And Jesus keeps on explaining it is necessary to be born from water and spirit!

- But Nicodemus still doesn’t understand!

- So Jesus asks him how he can be a teacher of Israel not knowing these things!

- Thus he won’t understand if he tells him about heavenly things if he can’t understand earthly things!

- Knowledge vs Ignorance

- Inability to understand because of man’s tradition: is it different today?

4) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 5: Jesus cures a paralytic who has been ill for 38 years on the Sabbath.

- So the Jews begin to say to the cured man: “It is the Sabbath, and it is not lawful for you to carry the mat.”

- In fact they are only interested by man’s tradition when it is good for their own interests but when it is not they don’t care especially when nobody is there.

- It is also clear they have no heart, they are completely closed to man’s pain and suffering and are only looking for their own interests. They think that religion is a business and also a way to control people and maintain them in ignorance.

- They have no respect for this man who has been a paralytic for all his life, they are disgusting and spiritually dead!

5) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 7:

- Jesus teaches in the temple!

- The Jews are surprised because he has not studied at the schools!

- If you don’t belong to the same mafia, they can’t accept you because you are different. Jesus is different, it has always been so in this world that’s why we are where we are and it also explains the impossibility to adapt and to stay close to man’s tradition! That’s why we get empty speeches! Of course, Jesus teaches but we have many examples of his dialogues with different types of people and he has always an answer and he always tries to make people think!

1) Jesus vs the religious leaders

John 2: Jesus goes to Jerusalem for the Passover. In the temple merchants are selling animals to make sacrifices and there are also money brokers. With a whip Jesus drives them out of the temple.

- Corruption everywhere!

- Everything was normal!

- Turning God’s word upside down!

- And Jesus has to do that! And the religious leaders haven’t done anything!

- What about today?

- What do you think he will do when he comes back because he will find the same situation?
Jesus was soon to be crucified, the ultimate sacrifice, and people were being stupid buying and selling animals, which was both cruel and unnecessary, while moneylenders and stallholders made a lot of money.

Jesus was soon to be crucified, the ultimate sacrifice, and people were being stupid buying and selling animals, which was both cruel and unnecessary, while moneylenders and stallholders made a lot of money.
- In the Bible, religion is often connected with business!

- Nothing has changed!

- In the Bible, religion is often connected with business!

- Nothing has changed!
Christians, true Christians that is, need to make an exception. Jesus set the example.
Perhaps this is one way to recognise those who follow Jesus, not that there is anything wrong with money itself, it is the love of money that is the root of all evil, and that would rule out most, if not all of England's politicians. Sad. And to think we are supposed to be a Christian country.

- Yes, through history we can see how religion and politics and business corrupt God’s word!

- It reminds me of how the devil played with Job but it didn’t work!

Back