Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

looking for suggestions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

jas_1227

I've just been hired full time at my church. One of the things the people would like to see is more outreach, and I'm wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions for outreach ministries I could innitiate. Please note that I define outreach and evangelism differently.

The obvious ministries being youth, singles, and various small groups, are already in place.

I'd like to see more consistency in hospital visits and crisis ministry, and I'm more than willing to handle these. What kind of outreach ministries do you find USEFUL that your church offers?

thanks!

Jas :tongue

I had a missionary tell me the other day that one of the most neglected ministries is Nursing Homes. There are so many lonely people there. God bless. :)

I attend The Vineyard. Our mission is simple: To Show Christ's Love In A Practical Way.
Outreach Ministires are very effective when they're done with no strings attatched. One idea is to gift wrap Christmas Presents for free. Accept no donations. Free Car Washes and then give the car owner a dollar. Just tell them who Christ is if asked. Do it in love. It blows people away. Pay for someone's lunch behind you in the drive through. Just ideas. Simple but effective.

We like to have what we call "Matthew Parties". Basically you just have a cook out or something, invite a bunch of christians and nonchristians and just let them connect. Don't push anyone into anything, just let the Lord work through normal communication.

jas_1227 said:
I've just been hired full time at my church. One of the things the people would like to see is more outreach, and I'm wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions for outreach ministries I could innitiate. Please note that I define outreach and evangelism differently.

The obvious ministries being youth, singles, and various small groups, are already in place.

I'd like to see more consistency in hospital visits and crisis ministry, and I'm more than willing to handle these. What kind of outreach ministries do you find USEFUL that your church offers?

thanks!

Jas :tongue

Hi Jas,
Welcome to the forums!

The only suggestion that I will offer to you is the same thing that I tell everyone here. Pray. Ask God where He wants you to be, what He wants you to do, when He wants you to go, what you should do, who He wants you to reach, what He wants you to say, who to take with you, what to give, etc.

Pray over the other side of those things as well. What He does not want you to do, where He wants you to avoid going, who you should not take with you, what not to say. Sometimes the things that look right to us are not what He wants.

Pray for the finances needed. Pray for the transportation needed. Pray for the material things needed. Pray for the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit to manifest. Pray for the people that you are taking with you, for the people that you are going to reach, so that hearts are open to the Lord.

Pray that the enemy will be hindered. Pray for protection from the fiery darts. Pray that his stumbling blocks will be turned to stepping stones, and that his curses will be turned into blessings.

As you seek Him on what you are to give, be open for what He wants to give to you through others. The Lord says that it is more blessed to give than to receive. Be willing to receive from others so that they can be blessed by giving!

Don't go out there without your armor on! May God bless you for your willingness to serve His Kingdom. I pray that you are well grounded so that you bear much fruit. :angel:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back