Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Losing the woman I love

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

skky

My girlfriend of multiple years and I have been going through very tough times for a while now. We are very different people and it is starting to really show. I've been under such emotional stress that I have started to show physical symptoms, like panic attacks and heart palpitations. We love each other so much but we can't continue like this. I recently made a bad judgment call that hurt her, and she revealed a secret that she had been keeping that hurt me.

However I can't imagine us breaking up - we had for a couple days in the past and it hurt so bad. I know you need to give it time before you start to feel better but I can't imagine her not in my life. We don't know what to do and I am doubting every choice that I make. On one hand we can't continue with a relationship like this and if we do but can't fix it then it would just be even more hard and painful to break up in the future, on the other hand what if we were meant for each other and breaking up would be the biggest mistake we ever make?

I'll keep you in my prayers. I've had those same symptoms as well due to stress. First started when I was worried about a class I was taking about two years ago; however, I've been under stress with a long distance relationship, and my symptoms came back. Things are getting better now though, thankfully.

The important thing is to stay in prayer and ask for God's guidance. Ask the Lord to show you if this was meant to be or not. Pray for wisdom, and He will give it to you liberally.

Confilcit is normal and yes, even healthy in a relationship.
I think it's good that some stuff came to the table as it will afford the both of you to really get down to brass tacks with each other on some issues that need to be resolved. Is it comfortable? Probably not, but was it needed? Absolutly. Do the both of you love God with your whole heart and very souls? (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) Then find comfort in this verse,
Romans 8:28 said:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
If I can give some advice from what I've found to be a true statment, it would be this. It's not fully about what has been done, but how we choose to respond. How you respond, will make all the difference in the world.

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Dr. Emmerson, but he has some great material and right now, Family Christian has his books on sale for like 8 bucks and it comes with a DVD. You can check out his site at http://LoveAndRespect.com

You'll be in my prayers.

Hmmm.. God Must have known that there were issues in your relationship that needed to be brought forward and resolved. I wish the best in Gods' blessings for your relationship. Keeping both of you in my thoughts & prayers.

Rosalee Decker
Home & Garden Party
http://www.homeandgardenparty.com/Home? ... aleedecker
1-360-458-5680
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

I lost her...she broke up with me. But my actions had a large part in forcing her hand. The pain I feel is unbelievable, and hurts twice as much knowing that she is hurting like me. We're only 19 and 20, but I've never felt so alone and utterly destroyed in my life. I did not only lose her as my girlfriend but as my best friend also...I don't know how I am supposed to go through life without her in it. Every ounce of my being wants to call her and go to her and hold her...she just called me (she went back to college, break is over) crying asking if I could spend just one more night with her. She said that I had told her I would do anything for her (which I did) and she needed just this...and it broke my heart all over again to tell her that I couldn't, that I would do anything for her and I am doing this for her, by not going down. I told her that it would only hurt more when we had to say goodbye all over again the next morning, and that she will never get over me if stuff like this happens.

I feel so alone and scared...last night I went to the church steps late at night hoping that I could get in, but they were locked. I layed by the door for an hour crying, praying to God to send me someone, someone that I could talk to about my situation and God and everything...but no one ever came :sad

I can't live without her in my life...I am so scared and devastated. I don't know what to do.

Don't give up & don't lose hope! Perhaps you both just need some time apart from each other. Give yourselves some time to think through your situation and think about how you BOTH can resolve the situation.If you truly love each other as much as I think you do and as much as you say you do- you'll work together to solve your problems. Keep your faith & don't lose hope.God Bless you both.

Rosalee Decker
This is the day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it!

My Dear Brother In Jesus,

Why are you feeling alone??. Jesus Said " I will never leave you nor forsake you" Heb 13:5 & Due 31:6. Please look on to God our LORD. He wont leave you alone. Pray for HIM and Love HIM. Please dont say like " i can't live with out her", we should live for GOD. We should not live for a girl or some one else in the world. Just think once how much God loving us, He has sent his son to sacrifies for our sins. What we are doing for Him??. If you say to GOD like " I can't live with out you, you are every thing in my life" , how much He will be happy?. He is always waiting for us. And we should not love any one more than the GOD. The first place should be our LORD in our heart. He will provide what ever we need, because He is our father. Please ask GOD for his will in your life. LOVE GOD, PRAY GOD, LIVE wiht his LOVE. Never mind.

He will be waiting for you wiht his everlasting LOVE...... God Bless you.
Loving brother in Christ.. Sunil..

skky, I'm so sorry that you're going through the pain you are going through. I well remember losing someone at about the same age, and I cried for quite awhile too. But, now that I'm older and married to someone else, I praise God that I'm married to the man who is my husband, rather to my old boyfriend. At the time, I was so in love I couldn't think of being with anyone else. I truly thought that I had lost my soul-mate and would never find another person to love. Now that I'm married to Steve, I see how much wiser God was than I, in not letting that old relationship move forward into marriage, but rather having me wait until Steve came along. I'm now happily married with two kids, and praise God daily for the three of them.

But, it still hurt back then!

Chevvakula gave you some very good advice! We must live for God and the life He promises is an abundant life, not filled with loss and lonliness, but filled with love and purpose. Grieve for a while, for grief has it's place, but also live.

To be frank with you Skky, (and how can anyone help you unless one is honest) it sounds as though the two of you have put far more into your relationship with each other and haven't developed your relationship with God and also developed the life skills and abilities you need to move on.

Perhaps this break-up is temporary or perhaps it will be permanent and a few years from now you'll be like me, thanking God that you've moved on. But, for now, do develop your relationship with Him. Seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you. That is what Jesus said, and He knows what He is talking about.

And, while the church may have been locked up late at night, I'm sure it is open today.

Father, I lift Skky and his girlfriend up to you. It is so painful to lose one that you love, and You know this pain, for You and Your precious Son were lost to each other, for a while, while He paid the price our our sins. I pray that You send Your Spirit to bring Skky both comfort and wisdom and the strength to seek You and Your will for his life. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back