Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lost deal for a wished event

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jonas_345

Hello, I don't really know where this thread should be posted but I believe this is the most appropriate place for that.

This afternoon I was doing an activity which I wasn't sure to finish, and I said : "God (I didn't name Him, but was thinking about him for who I was talking to) if I finish this, this girl (I named her, someone I love a lot) will be with me in the future.".
I know it's childish, but I was really believing it and what I was doing was scary and difficult. It kind of gave me the courage to continue.
However, 20-30 minutes after, I was too tired and scared, and gave up. I gave like 100% of myself and wasn't able of continuing.
I am now scared of this "deal" and that God may probably, well, follow what I said : I didn't do it completely, so it will not happen. I mean, it's the most logic end for this, right ?
Can I do anything to ask God to make it happen anyway ? Do you think He will agree even if my deal said otherwise ? Did this deal just blocked me ? Can I revert it ? What will happen now I guess ?

Thank you very much.

I apologize for any mistakes in this post, I am currently freaking out and maybe didn't notice something wrong.

Hello, I don't really know where this thread should be posted but I believe this is the most appropriate place for that.

This afternoon I was doing an activity which I wasn't sure to finish, and I said : "God (I didn't name Him, but was thinking about him for who I was talking to) if I finish this, this girl (I named her, someone I love a lot) will be with me in the future.".
I know it's childish, but I was really believing it and what I was doing was scary and difficult. It kind of gave me the courage to continue.
However, 20-30 minutes after, I was too tired and scared, and gave up. I gave like 100% of myself and wasn't able of continuing.
I am now scared of this "deal" and that God may probably, well, follow what I said : I didn't do it completely, so it will not happen. I mean, it's the most logic end for this, right ?
Can I do anything to ask God to make it happen anyway ? Do you think He will agree even if my deal said otherwise ? Did this deal just blocked me ? Can I revert it ? What will happen now I guess ?

Thank you very much.

I apologize for any mistakes in this post, I am currently freaking out and maybe didn't notice something wrong.

Greetings, Jonas, and welcome to the forum.

This sounds almost like you were making a vow or swearing an oath of some kind, but I can't fully make out exactly what you were referring to. In order to respond intelligently, I would need more details on exactly what this "activity" was and what your supposed "deal" with God was.

No need to freak out, however.

God bless, and welcome once again.
Hidden

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.

I was doing tree climbing near my city with a few friends. I am very fearful of heights.
On one of the last levels, which seemed pretty hard and scary for me, I said that if I made it to the end of the parkour, I would be with this girl in the future, to give me courage I guess, and it worked for a bit.
I don't know if what I said was very wrong, and if it will happen. I thought I could achieve it but didn't, and I have no idea what will happen now.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.

I was doing tree climbing near my city with a few friends. I am very fearful of heights.
On one of the last levels, which seemed pretty hard and scary for me, I said that if I made it to the end of the parkour, I would be with this girl in the future, to give me courage I guess, and it worked for a bit.
I don't know if what I said was very wrong, and if it will happen. I thought I could achieve it but didn't, and I have no idea what will happen now.

Bah. I wouldn't worry about any of that. See, what you need to do is invest your life in the Lord Jesus Christ. Give yourself to studying His word. What will happen is that a boldness and a confidence before God begins to rise up within you, and even if you make mistakes like this they do nothing to deter you from believing God to answer your prayers. Maybe not for a particular woman, as you need to leave things like that in the hands of God but also the hands of the woman herself to decide if she wants you. But you would laugh this sort of thing off, and shall it up as a mistake you won't make again, but certainly not something that is going to alter your destiny.

God bless, and I wouldn't worry about it.
- H

Back