Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Lucy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

A new missing-link, known as Lucy, was found in northern Ethiopia in 1974 and supposedly provided powerful evidence of another link in the evolution of man. The scientists , led by Prof Richard leakly, announced that lucy was 3 and a half feet tall, walked erect as a hominid, and lived over 3 million years ago. Lucy was described as an early ancestor of modern humans.
They cataloged Lucy as Australopithecus afarnisis, and claimed she was an early human because the knee-joint proved that this individual walked upright.
Further digging at the Lucy site found fossilized bones of extremely ape-like creatures with chimpanzee-sized forearms that made it very probable that these creatures walked on 4 feet as opposed to the erect posture that characterizes humans. One of the most famous paleontologists is Richard Leaky the son of the eminent evolutionary scientists Lious & Mary Leakey. Richard identified Lucy as a hominid, a definite ancestor of mankind. However, Richard admitted that the paleontologists are often working from their imagination more than from the actual fossil evidence, which is usually so meager. Dr. Leakey admitted,

Our task is not unlike attempting to assemble a three-dimensional jigsaw puzzle in witch most of the pieces are missing, and those few bits which are at hand are broken!

Some scientists have candidly admitted that their preconceived opinions in favor of evolution govern to a great degree the conclusion they reach about the nature of the fossil evidence. Dr Gareth Nelson, of the American museum of natural history, admitted this in the following statement. "We've got to have some ancestors. we'll pick those. Why? becuase we know they have to be there, and these are the best candidates. That's by and large the way it has worked. I am not exaggerating" In other words, the theory of evolution required a series of missing-link ape-men, and the scientists interpreted the fossil evidence to support their theory.

johnmuise said:
A new missing-link, known as Lucy, was found in northern Ethiopia in 1974 and supposedly provided powerful evidence of another link in the evolution of man. The scientists , led by Prof Richard leakly, announced that lucy was 3 and a half feet tall, walked erect as a hominid, and lived over 3 million years ago. Lucy was described as an early ancestor of modern humans.
They cataloged Lucy as Australopithecus afarnisis, and claimed she was an early human because the knee-joint proved that this individual walked upright.
Further digging at the Lucy site found fossilized bones of extremely ape-like creatures with chimpanzee-sized forearms that made it very probable that these creatures walked on 4 feet as opposed to the erect posture that characterizes humans. One of the most famous paleontologists is Richard Leaky the son of the eminent evolutionary scientists Lious & Mary Leakey. Richard identified Lucy as a hominid, a definite ancestor of mankind. However, Richard admitted that the paleontologists are often working from their imagination more than from the actual fossil evidence, which is usually so meager. Dr. Leakey admitted,

Our task is not unlike attempting to assemble a three-dimensional jigsaw puzzle in witch most of the pieces are missing, and those few bits which are at hand are broken!

Some scientists have candidly admitted that their preconceived opinions in favor of evolution govern to a great degree the conclusion they reach about the nature of the fossil evidence. Dr Gareth Nelson, of the American museum of natural history, admitted this in the following statement. "We've got to have some ancestors. we'll pick those. Why? becuase we know they have to be there, and these are the best candidates. That's by and large the way it has worked. I am not exaggerating" In other words, the theory of evolution required a series of missing-link ape-men, and the scientists interpreted the fossil evidence to support their theory.

That's what I've been say all along. Evolution is from the imaginations of men. It's so obvious that any child can see that until he's brainwashed by people claiming they're smarter than the child. :wink:

It's difficult of course, but the pieces still fit together. Also keep in mind that the fragments often are pretty big, and those of different specimen are also broken in different parts. Paleontologists can look at the intact parts of specimen A in order to learn how to assemble the same but highly fractured part of specimen B and vice versa.

The ToE goes where the evidence goes. Since we keep finding such fossils, and not those of modern humans in these strata, and we can form a nice progression, the ToE is the best explanation.

But what objections do you actually have about the validity of Lucy? Wasn't there some point about most experts supposedly agreeing that she actually was a normal chimp? Where can i read more about this?

I'll be off for a friend's bachelor party in a few minutes though.

jwu says:
The ToE goes where the evidence goes. Since we keep finding such fossils, and not those of modern humans in these strata, and we can form a nice progression, the ToE is the best explanation.
NO the ToE does not "always" go where the evidence goes, ToE'r take and make huge leaps to try and fit what they claim to be huge evidence when in most cases it is very small piece of a puzzle. Evidence in the strata can also fit right into creation and the Flood in which and how it was laid down.

freeway01 said:
jwu says:
NO the ToE does not "always" go where the evidence goes, ToE'r take and make huge leaps to try and fit what they claim to be huge evidence when in most cases it is very small piece of a puzzle. Evidence in the strata can also fit right into creation and the Flood in which and how it was laid down.

Why isn't there a rolling eyes smiley face on this forum? I just found the most perfect opportunity to use it.

:smt120 :smt120 :smt120 :smt120 :smt120 you mean these... so is that the best you got.. great refute...

freeway01 said:
jwu says:

Sorry, Hovind told you wrong. not only could a world wide flood not create the evidence for ToE, but a world wide flood is actually impossible. There is no argument there.

The rolling eyes are because it is even silly to scientifically refute a world wide flood and how it can create fossils, etc.

You have to absolutely believe that the entire flood was a miracle, and God prevented all sorts of problems from occuring so he could flood the earth. Which again would make one wonder why not just make it easier and just vaporize all of the inhabitants.

Either the story becomes really sticky for global flood, or you are forced to believe that it was localized.

I said:

sorry I love quoting myself, or I can get Johnny or Heidi's quotes for you :-D :-D

No not mean at all, but the truth, I think you both have laid it out quite clear. this stuff just go round and round. I don't debate on the internet to win someone to Christ, usually the other one is engrossed in his or her theory that they just like to argue, The reason and the only reason is, Just think how many people just stop in and read, looking, not sure, searching, and by reading these debates, well they get to hear "read" a different side. One of my co workers reads this stuff all the time, never replies but just reads,, and he ask me questions about it. so I started to do more debating. only reason....................GET THE WORD OF JESUS OUT THERE..... :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back