Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Luke 6:27-31

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Luke 6:27-31 King James Version (KJV)
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Luke 6:27-31 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Love for Enemies

27 “But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt.30 Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again.31 And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.

Revised Standard Version(RSV) Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

27 We are to show the same love Christ shows to us to those who even hate us we are to be willing to give up for people who would rather harm us.

28 Doing this brings a joy to us thru their hate and always allows our heart to be where it needs to stay.

29 This is not saying we are to be taken advantage of but that we are to care for people then what we have or ourselves this is how Jesus loves us.

30 We should care for those who need it. We can’t love letting people needs we go be unmet.

31 We should treat people as we want to be treated, which means we are to show love them with the love we have thru Christ.

This can only be accomplished by the "Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2). Which means that the Believers Faith must be exclusively in Christ and the Cross, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, i.e., The Finished Work of Lord Jesus Christ. By during so this gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to help the Believer in every capacity of life. (Romans 8:13) (Zechariah 4:6)

The Holy Spirit keeps all commandments for us because we have been baptize in Christ. (Gal. 2:20)

Luke 6:27-31 King James Version (KJV)
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Luke 6:27-31 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Love for Enemies

27 “But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.29 To him who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt.30 Give to every one who begs from you; and of him who takes away your goods do not ask them again.31 And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.

Revised Standard Version(RSV) Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

27 We are to show the same love Christ shows to us to those who even hate us we are to be willing to give up for people who would rather harm us.

28 Doing this brings a joy to us thru their hate and always allows our heart to be where it needs to stay.

29 This is not saying we are to be taken advantage of but that we are to care for people then what we have or ourselves this is how Jesus loves us.

30 We should care for those who need it. We can’t love letting people needs we go be unmet.

31 We should treat people as we want to be treated, which means we are to show love them with the love we have thru Christ.
This is a great passage of scripture ad it is greatly misused, perhaps misused more than "woman, submit to your husband." But these verses must not be considered without the light of all scripture and these come to mind: 1Tim 5:8, Luke 10;19, Psa 91:1-16. Pro 4:10-15, Psa 35:1-28.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back