Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Luke 7:8-10

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Luke 7:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

Luke 7:8-10 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
For I am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me: and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 9 When Jesus heard this he marveled at him, and turned and said to the multitude that followed him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” 10 And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave well.

Revised Standard Version (RSV) Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 This centurion understood that Jesus’ word carried power and that also He was a busy man. This man had enough faith to believe that if Jesus just spoke it his servant would be healed, he wasn’t trying to prevent Jesus from going to his home, just believed that He didn’t have to for his servant to be healed.

9 Most of Israel at this point was living in faith by the signs they saw, this man knew the signs would happen because of the truth of His word. The Word is most important and we are to have faith in Him and His word, then the signs will be made clear to us by faith.

10 Jesus brought healing, if we have faith we will have all the healing we need, if we still remain sick we have Him waiting for us in glory.

Back