Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Make disciples of...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

lily of God

Jesus commands us "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19

How are you doing for this command?

Jesus commands us "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19

I don’t think it’s a favorite around here. Some people even seem to believe God needs a poster child for his war on sin. ‘All have sinned’ is their motto and ‘coming short of the glory of God’ is their goal in life. Proclaiming that none are righteous is their theme song and maintaining that they are eternally secure while trying to cash in on the wages of sin and grieving the Spirit seems to be their purpose for living. :roll:

Hi unred typo,

It seems that we are grieving Jesus as a whole.

This is a good topic.

Jesus would want every new-christian to grow-up spiritually to be a strong disciple.

The best way i can make disciples is by growing-up spiritually myself and be a strong disciple of Jesus myself.

This is what Apostle Paul speaks of in the verse below -

1 Corinthians 11:1 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Apostle Paul could boldly say the above statement on account of his high spiritual stature that he achived in his life through deep and varied spiritual experiences.

Even Jesus was in a high state of spiritual development himself when on earth and could say to his disciples to follow him -

John 21:19 - ...And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Lord bless.

Thank you vinc for your encouragemnt and sharing your opinion.

We need encouragement to reach out to the lost souls in every way. We have so many ways to reach out.

I would like to share what my family and I have been doing.

I go out and talk to friendly people at the malls, forums and even when I go for a walk. When I have appointment with doctors I try to find someone I can talk to. (Usually doctors and stuff are not offended by my talk) We have plenty of opportunity to talk if we pay attention.

My oldest daughter uses internet to reach out because she is too shy to talk to strangers.

peace :biggrin

Your welcome.

Talking to people directly is a great way to reach out.

Reaching out to people through the internet is also a great way.

Both online and offline methods of communication have there strengths and weaknesses.

lily of God said:

I am getting better at it. I have been out, in the streets of North Carolina, witnessing a few times. It is starting to become a regular thing. In fact it is something a group of people from the Sunday school class I attend, and some other people from another Sunday school class, get togethor and do almost every Thursday night.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back