Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Matthew 12:32, what does this mean?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

AIR

Matthew 12:32

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

What does this verse mean? I read that if you're a "Christian" and you are something like hypocrite then you'd be speaking against the Holy Spirit and you will not be forgiven ever.

The verse is making me feel very anxious because I'm a Christian but I'm afraid that I don't always follow the rules that Jesus has given to us. Am I abandoned from heaven because of that? As I told earlier, I was in a band and they created a song that glorified the evil and, well I played with them and recorded the demo song but felt very anxious afterwards. :shocked!

I'm looking forward to become a better Christian, all the time.:pray

As I told earlier, I was in a band and they created a song that glorified the evil and, well I played with them and recorded the demo song but felt very anxious afterwards. :shocked!
Oh my, you are in trouble! :o
LOL, just teasing ya.

You do want to repent of your contribution to a song that glorified the devil, but that is not what Matthew 12:32 is talking about.

Blasphemy to the Holy Spirit means you believe Christ's power comes from Satan, and that is not the sin you've described, but are you still in that band? :confused

The incident recorded at Mtt 12:24-31 is an interesting study of the psychology of stubborn unbelief.

The targets of the Lord's statement were Pharisees. According to John 3:1-2 they knew within themselves that Jesus was sent by God. So; for them to oppose Jesus the way they did was actually against their own better judgment. But worse, Pharisees were experts in Old Testament studies and knew very well that God's messengers were empowered by His spirit to do their jobs. So the Pharisees' remark wasn't an innocent mistake: it was nothing less than deliberate, mean-spirited slander.

If that doesn't depict your band's attitude then what I would say in cases like yours is: Rock n' Roll ain't noise pollution.

Buen Camino
/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, you are in trouble! :o
LOL, just teasing ya.

You do want to repent of your contribution to a song that glorified the devil, but that is not what Matthew 12:32 is talking about.

Blasphemy to the Holy Spirit means you believe Christ's power comes from Satan, and that is not the sin you've described, but are you still in that band? :confused

Dude, you scared me out at first, lol. No, I'm not in that band anymore, I keep going to look them live though because the members are very close friends.

Yes, I do repent that I've done stuff but I'm still scared of the Blasphemy to the holy spirit because my life has been very difficult some times. Though, I've always said I believe in Christ, I don't announce it to everyone but if someone askes do I believe in God and Jesus, I won't deny. I'll say yes I do and usually the conversation ends there. But yes, I'm still scared because I'm not 'clean' still. I've got few sins that I'm going through but they're all mainly small things, like cursing, alcohol and lying but I'm advancing through. ( I'm not sure how it is said but I think yo uget me)

Re: ****

The incident recorded at Mtt 12:24-31 is an interesting study of the psychology of stubborn unbelief.

The targets of the Lord's statement were Pharisees. According to John 3:1-2 they knew within themselves that Jesus was sent by God. So; for them to oppose Jesus the way they did was actually against their own better judgment. But worse, Pharisees were experts in Old Testament studies and knew very well that God's messengers were empowered by His spirit to do their jobs. So the Pharisees' remark wasn't an innocent mistake: it was nothing less than deliberate, mean-spirited slander.

If that doesn't depict your band's attitude then what I would say in cases like yours is: Rock n' Roll ain't noise pollution.

Buen Camino
/

I don't get it :/

Re: ****

Buen Camino
/

I don't get it :/

Benjamin
If you had committed the sin that cannot be forgiven it would not bother you in the least. So relax :mrgreen: This just proves you have not done this.
Since you are convicted about what you have done you can ask forgiveness and the Lord will cleanse you from all sin. The Lord is probably dealing with you about this kind of music that does not glorify Him, but evil. If we want to follow Jesus, He knows what is best for us if we are grow in Christ and stay close to him. There are things that are wrong that we need to lay aside but He always has something better for us.

You can still be a good witness to your friends without being involved with or enjoying evil music or things that are wrong/ Be a light and live the life before them.

Blasphemy to the Holy Spirit means you believe Christ's power comes from Satan
Hi Agape :wave

I am glad that Air asked this question since I have often wondered what it meant. I thought sometimes it meant cursing God.
Is there scripture telling us about the meaning of blaspheming the Holy Spirit? I have never heard of the belief that blasphemy is someone believing Christ's power comes from Satan.

Have a blessed day!

You say you are a Christian but don't always follow Christ? First thing I would do I find out how biblical that is, And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it. (Luke 8:21 KJV)

Second blasphemy is more than saying Gods power is of satan, the Pharisees claimed blasphemy and wanted to stone Him when Jesus claimed to be who He is.

Look at what Moses did at the rock of Horeb, this is why he was not allowed to enter into the promised land, we are judged by what comes out of our mouths, so was he.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back