Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

McCarthy Announces Impeachment Inquiry

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Uncle J

The big headline today (other than all the climate disasters) is Republican Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy announcing that he has directed House Committees to open formal impeachment inquiries into President Biden.

But before he made the announcement, some Republicans were already giving away the game. For example, Republican Rep Nancy Mace said on CNN that the point of the inquiries is to find evidence to justify impeachment, which is a tacit admission that they've started the inquiries even though they have no evidence of Biden doing anything illegal.

Then you have GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel saying outright that they are doing all this because "Our voters are sick and tired of Republicans getting attacked all the time through the courts or whatever and it's time to go after Biden".

Also, McCarthy has gone back on his word. He previously stated that an impeachment inquiry would "occur through a vote on the floor of the People’s House and not through a declaration by one person". Simply put, that was a lie.

I'll be curious to see how this progresses, especially how it will be covered and perceived as it becomes even more apparent that it's entirely baseless and is nothing more than childish revenge for Trump's two impeachments.

I suspect that it'll become yet another instance where the right-wing will create their own alternate reality (as they've done with the 2020 election and Jan 6).

But before he made the announcement, some Republicans were already giving away the game. For example, Republican Rep Nancy Mace said on CNN that the point of the inquiries is to find evidence to justify impeachment, which is a tacit admission that they've started the inquiries even though they have no evidence of Biden doing anything illegal.

I think in her words she said the enquiry is to get more evidence, so i would asume that means there is some evidence to start with to justify and investigate further. I dont know just using common sense.

In general speaking language there has to some already if someone wants more. if i say i want more cookies that would mean i have at least had some cookie.

I think in her words she said the enquiry is to get more evidence, so i would asume that means there is some evidence to start with to justify and investigate further. I dont know just using common sense.

In general speaking language there has to some already if someone wants more. if i say i want more cookies that would mean i have at least had some cookie.
So far all the evidence has been insinuation. Considering how impeachment works, the house would have to have a majority vote to impeach, and then the senate would then vote to carry out and sentance the president. We are still a year and a quarter before a possible change in the house, and the house has a democrat majority with no signs of kicking out Biden. The vote would be dead in the water.

That's what an investigation is for. If the investigation turns up substantial evidence of wrongdoing, then you proceed to an impeachment inquiry.

So far all the evidence has been insinuation. Considering how impeachment works, the house would have to have a majority vote to impeach, and then the senate would then vote to carry out and sentance the president. We are still a year and a quarter before a possible change in the house, and the house has a democrat majority with no signs of kicking out Biden. The vote would be dead in the water.
That's not the point though. The two goals of the Republicans are to 1) get "Joe Biden" and "impeachment" into the news cycle to influence non-political undecided voters, and 2) minimize the impact of Trump's two impeachments ("Biden was impeached too!").

Like much of what Republicans are about nowdays, this is performance, not governance.

Here's a telling exchange. Rep. Comer is asked "Why don't you just subpoena Hunter Biden and have him answer questions under oath", and after squirming around he says he won't because Hunter would fight it in court?

So all it takes to keep Congress from subpoenaing you is to say you'll take it to court? Who knew it was that easy?

Again, just showing that this is all performance.

Also, McCarthy has gone back on his word. He previously stated that an impeachment inquiry would "occur through a vote on the floor of the People’s House and not through a declaration by one person". Simply put, that was a lie.
He's got his back to the wall. If he doesn't engineer an impeachment inquiry somehow, he'll lose his job. And it appears that an inquiry would not get a majority of votes, even in a republican-dominated house. But if he doesn't do something, there's enough extremists to remove him from the speakership. He's sold his soul to them.

He's got his back to the wall. If he doesn't engineer an impeachment inquiry somehow, he'll lose his job. And it appears that an inquiry would not get a majority of votes, even in a republican-dominated house. But if he doesn't do something, there's enough extremists to remove him from the speakership. He's sold his soul to them.
I guess if you hang out with clowns, you end up with pie on your face and seltzer down your pants. :lol

Joe Biden's Impeachment Falls Apart

"Republican efforts to impeach President Joe Biden suffered a blow after fresh evidence emerged showing his bid to remove Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin in 2015 represented U.S. government policy.

Then-Vice President Biden met Petro Poroshenko, the Ukrainian president at the time, in December 2015, after which he claimed he'd threatened to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid to Kyiv, unless Shokin was removed from his post, which he subsequently was.

Some conservatives have suggested Biden was attempting to protect Ukrainian energy company Burisma, the board of which his son, Hunter Biden, had joined in 2014, by moving against Shokin. However a pre-meeting memo prepared for Biden by the State Department, dated November 25, 2015, made it clear that removing Shokin was the Obama administration's policy.

The document called for Shokin's "removal," claiming he was "widely regarded as an obstacle to fighting corruption, if not a source of the problem." This document was published by John Solomon, a conservative commentator who has argued Biden did call for Shokin's removal to advance his son's business activities, on his Just The News website.
"

Whoops....

The Republican case against Biden takes a body blow … from Fox News

Fox News host B. Kilmeade had former Ukrainian President Poroshenko on and asked him about the claim that then VP Joe Biden fired the Ukrainian prosecutor to protect Burisma and Hunter Biden. Poroshenko's answer....

"Second, there is no one single word of truth."

That prompted Kilmeade to say....

"“Okay, so that is not true,” Kilmeade continued. “He didn’t get fired because of Joe Biden.” Poroshenko confirmed that he did not, saying that Shokin was fired “for his own statement.

Again....whoops. :lol

Back