Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

[__ Prayer __] Medical emergency (dehydration) <stress related

MayGodHeal

So yesterday morning I had nearly collapsed at work. Apparently dehydration, loss of electrolytes. It was pretty hot this week which most likely is a factor. Stress is another as I have been stressed by the amount of reckless drivers around me. Just people in a hurry, riding your bumper. I also still have the issue of certain women who for whatever reasons will not quit with the lusting. And that talking to them will just encourage it.

Of course these things should be prayed in secret and this is why I really need to get back to the church I've been going to but haven't (stress being a factor). But for now I hope to be kept in prayers for that.

I also may be lacking in potassium. Portion sizes for food on store shelves has actually shrunk and more expensive so not paying particular attention you toss one item back to the shelf thinking, I'll just get it later and just not get it. It's noticeable with weight loss so I'm making a special trip later to really get what I should have been getting as this had turned into a routine, less food in packaging plus putting one or two things back.

So therefore I'm eating less and it caught up with me. I drink plenty of water but that doesn't work if I'm not eating right. Also getting powdered Gatorade (or some of the other brands with less sugar) will help, even though I had been drinking it lately it probably didn't help as if I'm not eating enough potatoes or something else like nuts or chicken.

But anyways I appreciate those that are keeping me in their prayers. And pray I get the ambition to go church. Really should go for the fellowship.

Also getting powdered Gatorade (or some of the other brands with less sugar) will help, even though I had been drinking it lately it probably didn't help as if I'm not eating enough potatoes or something else like nuts or chicken.
Drink BEFORE you start to perspire , get a head start on your hydration needs . Praying for you :pray .

Dealing with Hydration In the Heat​

Most people who do moderate exercise on a day with mild or cool weather can stay hydrated by drinking when they feel thirsty.

But staying ahead of your hydration can be particularly important on hot days and when doing more intensive activity to avoid dehydration. Research shows that in this context, people's thirst does not always align with the amount of fluid they need to replenish.12

Drinking a glass or two of water before heading outside and sipping throughout the day can be beneficial for keeping the body healthy, as well as keeping you hydrated.

“If someone has a good habit of drinking water throughout the day, that's excellent for their body,” Volpe said.

If, after a day in the heat, you feel thirsty, dizzy, or develop a headache, it’s your cue to drink some water.13 You may be severely dehydrated if you experience confusion, muscle cramping, confusion, an increase in heart rate or blood pressure, or an inability to sweat or urinate. In that case, seek medical attention.

Heat Exhaustion vs. Heatstroke: What’s the Difference?

To rehydrate, drink water that’s close to room temperature, as your body will process it quicker. Volpe recommends against taking salt tablets, though drinking a beverage with some sugar and electrolytes should help.

“People should pay attention to their bodies and not get to the point where you’re starting to have headaches and feel dizzy,” Volpe said. “If you're out in the sun…don't wait for the point of getting thirsty.”

Drink BEFORE you start to perspire , get a head start on your hydration needs . Praying for you :pray .

Dealing with Hydration In the Heat​

Most people who do moderate exercise on a day with mild or cool weather can stay hydrated by drinking when they feel thirsty.

But staying ahead of your hydration can be particularly important on hot days and when doing more intensive activity to avoid dehydration. Research shows that in this context, people's thirst does not always align with the amount of fluid they need to replenish.12

Drinking a glass or two of water before heading outside and sipping throughout the day can be beneficial for keeping the body healthy, as well as keeping you hydrated.

“If someone has a good habit of drinking water throughout the day, that's excellent for their body,” Volpe said.

If, after a day in the heat, you feel thirsty, dizzy, or develop a headache, it’s your cue to drink some water.13 You may be severely dehydrated if you experience confusion, muscle cramping, confusion, an increase in heart rate or blood pressure, or an inability to sweat or urinate. In that case, seek medical attention.

Heat Exhaustion vs. Heatstroke: What’s the Difference?

To rehydrate, drink water that’s close to room temperature, as your body will process it quicker. Volpe recommends against taking salt tablets, though drinking a beverage with some sugar and electrolytes should help.

“People should pay attention to their bodies and not get to the point where you’re starting to have headaches and feel dizzy,” Volpe said. “If you're out in the sun…don't wait for the point of getting thirsty.”

Wasn't heat stroke/exhaustion, electrolytes was too low which lead to dehydration. I did drink water, and water is definitely good to have but doesn't have enough electrolytes which is why a lot of athletes use sport drinks but also having foods that will naturally boost electrolyte levels which I realized I'm lacking potassium.

Wasn't heat stroke/exhaustion, electrolytes was too low which lead to dehydration. I did drink water, and water is definitely good to have but doesn't have enough electrolytes which is why a lot of athletes use sport drinks but also having foods that will naturally boost electrolyte levels which I realized I'm lacking potassium.
I am aware of what you are talking about , I have almost passed out before from dehydration . Try fighting a brush fire in turnouts in 90 degree weather . It was heat exhaustion from your description you are giving .

If you sweat profusely there is no way to get the hydration you need short of a needle in the arm like the football players at halftime do , if you are going to continue to exert yourself .

I am aware of what you are talking about , I have almost passed out before from dehydration . Try fighting a brush fire in turnouts in 90 degree weather . It was heat exhaustion from your description you are giving .

If you sweat profusely there is no way to get the hydration you need short of a needle in the arm like the football players at halftime do , if you are going to continue to exert yourself .

Well I'm just going by from what the doctors said. I wasn't sweating much, was early in the morning was very humid but not dangerous. Doctors didn't say specifically that I was low on potassium but according to them I had low electrolytes which normal water can't replenish. If I had sweated more it would have definitely been from heat exhaustion but I was losing too much electrolytes and that may have been over time for the past 2 days, not only from heat but from stress.

The reason I say I suspect lack of potassium as the last few days I realized I hadn't eaten enough of it and dividing a Gatorade bottle within two days wasn't enough as I just drank regular filtered tap water and it's just from a lack of attention on making sure I had enough potassium. I also need to be eating more nuts as I've also have left them on the shelf.

I'd like to also add I wasn't doing anything really physically draining so yeah definitely need to focus on eating better more than anything.

There is also this too. I drank quite a bit of water on Tuesday but it was probably not enough intil the next morning the humidity may have triggered the condition as I didn't replinish my electrolytes.

Back