Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Men's underwear styles and faith

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I used to be on another forum where there were a few "Christian Naturists." Nudists. They even had naked worship services (Baptist I believe) done at a christian nudist camp somewhere in Virginia.

So perhaps that makes it moot in the opposite direction; but if they are willing to be completely in the buff, I doubt they would have any qualms appearing "... on a beach half naked."
Christian-nudist is an oxymoron.

I haven't worn Y-fronts (tighty whities) since I was 15. They are not comfortable to me, very baggy and big, feels like I am wearing a big, baggy diaper! I have heard others refer to them as granny panties for men.
It's interesting you say this my fiance HATES baggy undergarments because they don't provide any support

As a young person I'm also surprised to learn thongs were originally just men's fashion and not womanly or gay. I'm reminded of the fact pink used to be for boys and blue for girls pre 1930s.

Fashion evolves but the thing is it is impossible to accurately determine what the rules were around fashion when Deuteronomy was written. We know pieces but will never for certain have the full story

I think God is aware of this.

So I think the answer that is fair would probably be what is in your heart. If you wear thongs because you associate them with cross-dressing or lust then obviously that is sinful. But if you wear it because in your heart it is to express your manliness then I think that is more Godly - he knows what your deep-down motivations are.

I'd also add that as a woman who has worn thongs in the past, I question how sanitary they are unless you're super skinny. They definitely do support well and that can be very comfortable but I think the issue is what goes on at the back lol. Thongs where the back is just a thin strip that gets eaten by your behind is DEFINITELY not sanitary, not comfortable and I have a hard time seeing how God would be okay with that as I remember in the book of Genesis after the sin was committed Adam felt naked and needed to cover up.

Our clothing has a purpose to cover up and there is also a sanitary component

If it is the type of thong that covers your behind properly and doesn't get munched then it's fine but the string ones are just not right in my opinion

Back