Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] mike and mccansh park

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

I will be training mike on my route that I have had since I was on probation. its an easy route once you learn the tricks of the circling and can nearly walk it out.

Prayers for you, Mike & the route training, jasonc ....also for good weather to make the training more pleasant :wave2
it wasn't too hot today but then again I didn't have to read any route. I just did check reads, shut off notices and also helpe aaron with his route. which is one of my old ones and part of the one I do now. he finished but missed a whole neighborhood. so I got that area and showed him where he missed the meters

Sounds as if you enjoyed expressing your expertise. Sounds a bit like the song lyrics below. :lol
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better looking each day.
To know me is to love me . . . .

Sounds as if you enjoyed expressing your expertise. Sounds a bit like the song lyrics below. :lol
no, mccansh park and the eastern half of the whole community which is also called mccansh parks is also my paper route in part. I know the people and homes there that I have thrown to very well. the meter route is just the western half of that community and the eastern side is named after the st.Helens parish. both are easy. I walk out the st.Helens route. the mcansh route I don't because of atlantic blvd west of 27th ave. I could but when its hot it nice to walk back to the truck and get drink. st Helens route you walk back to the truck as you had down the main eastern road and then finish back to from the eastern limit and are never 10 minutes from it.

AirDancer, this community all of it was for vets and has its main entrance road named after the victory gardens that were planted there. victory blvd, its man park in the dead center is named after a kia. lt troy moody.

AirDancer, this community all of it was for vets and has its main entrance road named after the victory gardens that were planted there. victory blvd, its man park in the dead center is named after a kia. lt troy moody.

I salute that idea, Jason, to have an area of homes for vets - as long as the area & the homes are really nice!

Yeah, it takes a lot of expertise to read meters and write numbers, lol. :poke

Just kidding jason. A lot of people think many jobs are easy that really aren't. There's a lot of little stuff to know and crap to put up with that one doesn't realize until one puts one boot in front of the other.

Been chased by any dogs lately? I jingle those gates and whistle for them. Then leave the gates closed so when I come a running with fido on my heels I can jump the fence and leave him confined, lol.

I salute that idea, Jason, to have an area of homes for vets - as long as the area & the homes are really nice!
most of those homes are no longer owned for vets, this community is about to be put on the national registry of historical places. they built the roads in the late 20's. I use this community for a reference to find my town from the old arials and also to see what hasn't changed. the roads didn't. the names are the same. the vet thing was the lots that weren't developed at the time after ww2. the oldest two homes that I know are still around date to the 1920s. these are big homes. some are mansions and some aren't.

a bit of trivia, jake owen the country singer, is from this area. and scotty emeric as well.

Yeah, it takes a lot of expertise to read meters and write numbers, lol. :poke

Just kidding jason. A lot of people think many jobs are easy that really aren't. There's a lot of little stuff to know and crap to put up with that one doesn't realize until one puts one boot in front of the other.

Been chased by any dogs lately? I jingle those gates and whistle for them. Then leave the gates closed so when I come a running with fido on my heels I can jump the fence and leave him confined, lol.
yes and bitten by one.

What did you do since then? Start carrying mace or something?
no, I have a metal rod that we use for opening water lids. It does work though I don't understand why we cant carry the umbrella for that situation or use the mace or a taser.

no, I have a metal rod that we use for opening water lids. It does work though I don't understand why we cant carry the umbrella for that situation or use the mace or a taser.

A metal rod? Sounds effective. Sounds like a lot to carrybut not really if you've been bit before.

You're lucky in this respect brother. You have a keep on walking job and can clock a dog with little to no recourse. With me, I'm at the customers house and if I clock their dog, they will get mad and I would at least lose the customer and perhaps more. Even if I just maced the dog it'd be a bad scene. If I drew a taser and shot the dog with it, it'd be a nightmare.

One time I clocked a dog with a 14" pipe wrench. Years ago at a house the medium size dog kept nipping at my calves and I repeatedly asked her to put the dog up and she would laugh and giggle and explain how cool the dog was and that it wouldn't hurt a fly. About the third or 4th time it nipped me we was on the stoop of her porch and the dog got me pretty good on the calf of the leg. I had a 14 in my hand and just sort of let my arm drop and it clocked the sweet little puppy right on top of the head. He yelped and without a word she picked up the dog and took it inside and I never seen the dog again on that job. Luckily i was working for someone else at the time. I felt kind of bad but I did ask her a bunch of times to put him up so I was on my own and tired of it. That's the only reason I did it.

that and its a law not to attack any utility worker. its a first degree felony
A metal rod? Sounds effective. Sounds like a lot to carrybut not really if you've been bit before.

You're lucky in this respect brother. You have a keep on walking job and can clock a dog with little to no recourse. With me, I'm at the customers house and if I clock their dog, they will get mad and I would at least lose the customer and perhaps more. Even if I just maced the dog it'd be a bad scene. If I drew a taser and shot the dog with it, it'd be a nightmare.

One time I clocked a dog with a 14" pipe wrench. Years ago at a house the medium size dog kept nipping at my calves and I repeatedly asked her to put the dog up and she would laugh and giggle and explain how cool the dog was and that it wouldn't hurt a fly. About the third or 4th time it nipped me we was on the stoop of her porch and the dog got me pretty good on the calf of the leg. I had a 14 in my hand and just sort of let my arm drop and it clocked the sweet little puppy right on top of the head. He yelped and without a word she picked up the dog and took it inside and I never seen the dog again on that job. Luckily i was working for someone else at the time. I felt kind of bad but I did ask her a bunch of times to put him up so I was on my own and tired of it. That's the only reason I did it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back