Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Millennialsim

Which one are you?

• Dispensational Premillennialist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Postmillennialist

• Amillenialist

• Total voters
I believe that i would be described as a Premillenialist--however I don't believe in dispensationalism.

evanman said:
I don't believe in dispensationalism.

No one believes in dispensationalism. We simply use it as an interpretive method to aid our understanding of Holy Scripture :)

Well If I had to put a label on it I would say that I'm a Amillenialial/Continuist

ThePostmillPresbyter said:
As my name says, I am a Postmillennialist. I believe that the Millennium is the time from Christ's first advent to His second.

That sounds more like Amillenialism

Another 5-Point Calvinist here, but I don't really know where I stand. I know it's not with any of the pre-mid-or post rapture dispensationalists. I'm studying Amil and post-mil right now---and at this very moment claim partial preterism.....hmmmm I guess that would put amil right out the door---soooo, maybe I'm either part-pret or postmil..... :bday: <----that's my dunce's hat....

City Of God said:
As my name says, I am a Postmillennialist. I believe that the Millennium is the time from Christ's first advent to His second.

from what I understand. the main dif between amil and postmill is that amil believes that the world will steadily get worse until Jesus comes back--but that we are living in the millenium(church age) now-so Jesus' return is the final one talked about in Revelation-the end of the end----and postmills see us living in the millenium also--but that things will get better and better under basically most of the world is Christianized and then Jesus comes back.

Do I have that right Postmillpresbyter? Feel free to set me straight. I've just started studying the diffs between amill and postmill

Imblessed said:
City Of God said:

from what I understand. the main dif between amil and postmill is that amil believes that the world will steadily get worse until Jesus comes back--but that we are living in the millenium(church age) now-so Jesus' return is the final one talked about in Revelation-the end of the end----and postmills see us living in the millenium also--but that things will get better and better under basically most of the world is Christianized and then Jesus comes back.

Do I have that right Postmillpresbyter? Feel free to set me straight. I've just started studying the diffs between amill and postmill

Post mill places the second coming of Jesus after the 1,000 years which in this view is yet to come and will come after the Church takes over the world and ushers in this age of Peace.

Amill is the belief that the "thousand" years is an undetermined period of time which lasts from the first coming to the second coming of Jesus Christ which period we are currently in. The state of the world is not relative to this view.

City Of God said:
Imblessed said:
[quote="City Of God":e6e35]

Post mill places the second coming of Jesus after the 1,000 years which in this view is yet to come and will come after the Church takes over the world and ushers in this age of Peace.

Amill is the belief that the "thousand" years is an undetermined period of time which lasts from the first coming to the second coming of Jesus Christ which period we are currently in. The state of the world is not relative to this view.[/quote:e6e35]

thank you! That makes more sense. So Amils are the only ones who believe we are currently living in the millenial age?

I wouldn't go so far as to necessarily say that but that is the generally the traditional definition of post mil and amil.

amil = we are in the mil
post mil = Jesus returns after the mil which is going to be set up by the Church
pre mil = Jesus returns before the mil which he sets up

Vic C. said:
I voted that way too, but...

I don't go for it. Don't believe in a 'secret' rapture and I don't find evidence that the entire seven years is the tribulation.
When they put it that way they make it sound false.. THere is no secret rapture.. Its not what its called.. I don't think Jesus would keep secrets ROFL! I dont really feel like explaining it but i can't vote for neither, I do believe that there will be a rapture before God's Wrath, and I believe that God's Wrath starts at the beginning of second 3 1/2 years.. If there isn't a rapture then oh well, I dont' dwell on the rapture because i don't want to be disappointed nor shocked if there isn't one. If its not then oh well, I guess it would be my time... Though I do find it strange and reallly unlucky if I get killed 2 minutes before Jesus Second coming. To me, there are alot of evidence proving the rapture.. Not a pretrib, but a mid trib... abit before the anti-christ is revealed.

Jason! LOL, you keep bumping up some good threads.

JM said:
I'm a flip flopper. I can't make up my mind.
I feel that way sometimes too. Lately I have been taking on some of the beliefs of Historic Premillennialism. Jason, I will be getting some of Ladd's books soon.

evanman said:
I believe that i would be described as a Premillenialist--however I don't believe in dispensationalism.
I miss Evanman. :sad

I feel that way sometimes too. Lately I have been taking on some of the beliefs of Historic Premillennialism. Jason, I will be getting some of Ladd's books soon.

Ladd is amazing! He was a Calvinist Baptist and taught at Fuller in it's hayday. Historic Premil, after studying Prewrath, becomes much more acceptible then I first thought. Ladd is able to handle difficult ideas that dispensationalism causes [and yes, Prewrath is a form of dispey thinking, don't deny it] that being a return to shadows and types. Ladd doesn't believe in a physical Temple being rebuilt for example. When I asked Charles Cooper about the Temple, I was given what I found to be the standard Prewrath answer, "we don't know for sure" or "I've yet to study that issue."

It's called Historic because it contains the most basic beliefs found in the ECF's.

You may also enjoy the "Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy" by J. Barton Payne. It's a catalogue of Biblical prophecy and has been a blessing. The library I work at had it on it's shelf for 20 years and it was used only a few times so they discarded it. It now sits on my book shelf.

:D

http://www.reformedreader.org/mchart.htm

JM said:
Ladd is amazing! He was a Calvinist Baptist and taught at Fuller in it's hayday. Historic Premil, after studying Prewrath, becomes much more acceptible then I first thought. Ladd is able to handle difficult ideas that dispensationalism causes [and yes, Prewrath is a form of dispey thinking, don't deny it] that being a return to shadows and types.
I won't drny it. It relies less on dispensationalism than most other positions, that can't be denied either. I'm now a big believer in returning to the former practices. Although I still believe God uses these times during the years as part of His timing concerning End Times, ultimately Jesus has fullfilled the need for sacrifices, atonement, etc. I believe Hebrews does a great job at teaching this to us.

Ladd doesn't believe in a physical Temple being rebuilt for example. When I asked Charles Cooper about the Temple, I was given what I found to be the standard Prewrath answer, "we don't know for sure" or "I've yet to study that issue."
Ugh, I hear you. I believe Van Kampen did write about that in The Sign. I will lok for it and we can ask Alan when we returns. He's gone for the weekend. Besides, if for some reason the Jews feel the need to resume such sacrifices, I believe the Law tells them what is needed is an alter, not an entire temple. I'm a little ignorant in this area.

It's called Historic because it contains the most basic beliefs found in the ECF's.
What is EFC?

You may also enjoy the "Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy" by J. Barton Payne. It's a catalogue of Biblical prophecy and has been a blessing. The library I work at had it on it's shelf for 20 years and it was used only a few times so they discarded it. It now sits on my book shelf.

:D

http://www.reformedreader.org/mchart.htm
Woohoo! Good for you. Is it still in print?

Back