Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Minor Miracle Of The Day Today :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
So Monday morning. No work scheduled, no money in pocket (to speak of) and first of the month bills coming in and mounting up. Me and my son talked about it and I said, we have to get ready for work and be ready to go, the Lord will send us work. We have no gas money he said. So we talked about pawning his X-box for gas money and he didn't want to do it. I said even if work comes in, we have to be able to go so let's do it. He said no. I know better than to press him and provoke him so I said well, don't worry, the Lord will make something happen, and I left his room. 5 steps or so into the office and the phone rang with work, praise the Lord. But this isn't even the miracle. It was only 5 miles away and we had the gas for that. I praised the Lord and told my son to get ready, let's go, I told you the Lord would come through...

So he did and we went out to the truck and jumped in...nothing. Wouldn't start. Wouldn't even try to start. Tried jumping the solenoid, nothing. Oh great, we have work, I told them less than an hour and no wheels now. It was cold this morning and as we're sitting in the truck and trying the key over and over just hoping...with the occasional chagrined glance at each other...I said aloud, please Lord let us go to work today, and in that instant the truck started just fine. I looked at my son and smiled and said, Praise the Lord, I told you it pays to pray. :)

My son eyebrows went up and he says, Did you even finish saying it before it started?! I can't honestly remember, it was so fast that I'm not sure if I had finished speaking the words or not.

You have not because you ask not. That's all the Lord wanted was for me to ask and to praise Him when it did. The best thing about this little minor miracle, is that it was totally in front of my son, so that he could see the power of prayer and the power of God. I've been praying a lot for my sons to be drawn to the Lord and so forth and this made a big impression on him this morning, so it's almost like two birds with one stone, lol. Little by little my son is seeing the reality of the Lord. So glory to God for that!

A minor miracle, that's true. But the seed is planted and the Holy Spirit is working on him. Some may p'shaw this as coincidence, but I know better. There are no coincidences in the Lords kingdom. Praise and Glory to the Lord indeed!

:yes:biggrin2

Nope, no coincidence. When something comes directly from the Lord you can tell. I don't know how to explain how you can tell, but you can!

Exactly. I felt it too. I can't explain it either but I know exactly what you mean.

Don't worry about people who might say its just a coincidence. I think Christians generally have a good sense of when something is directly from The Lord, so run with it.

Dear Brother Edward, there is never coincidence when we go to God. and even your testimony that the Holy Spirit is working on your son is for certain. Those we love are not always apparent in their feelings and reception of the things of God, but we can be certain that He is not willing that any perish, even to the giving of Jesus for your son, and He is not giving up so easily. It might come in a test to his very life, but every bit of seed you have planted is given increase by God. Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

Yeah, what Eugene said is very true. God doesn't always perform miracles, either big or small, but when he does it's always to bring glory to himself in some way. I think for me, that's one of the ways I've always known when something was directly from God. Sure, this particular miracle helped you guys get to work and earn some much needed money so you can live a little better, but as you well know the greatest thing about it was the testimony to your son, and that brings glory to God!

My older, wiser Pentecostal friend always tells me..."God loves us all the same, and He loves us all infinitely." So, His love for your son is as intense and abiding as His love for anybody on this forum, you, me, the best, most seasoned Christian out there. I think He's trying to get to your son and maybe in the process (re)affirm your faith, too.

Just a thought.

Very good point. God's testimony of his power to YOU (Edward) was also a great thing! No matter how long we have been Christians and no matter how strong our faith may be, Satan is always trying to do battle with God for our souls and he will hurt and discourage us all he can. These kind of miracles, whether they happen directly to us or we see them happen to another brother or sister, are for all us Christians as well to strengthen our faith and make our armor stronger against Satan's attacks!

Don't worry about people who might say its just a coincidence. I think Christians generally have a good sense of when something is directly from The Lord, so run with it.

I don't worry about them brother. I was making the point that I know.

Dear Brother Edward, there is never coincidence when we go to God. and even your testimony that the Holy Spirit is working on your son is for certain. Those we love are not always apparent in their feelings and reception of the things of God, but we can be certain that He is not willing that any perish, even to the giving of Jesus for your son, and He is not giving up so easily. It might come in a test to his very life, but every bit of seed you have planted is given increase by God. Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

This does seem to be the bigger thing in all of it, my son. I work with him and live with him and plant seeds daily. :)
With as strong spirited that these boys are, they would make excellent servants of the Lord. It's sinking in to the boy and every little bit helps. This demonstration by Lord to answer prayer quickly helped more in my sons regard than just being able to get to work. He was like, wow did you even finish asking for help? He was impressed. Me too of course, praise the Lord! The truck started fine today too.

Yeah, what Eugene said is very true. God doesn't always perform miracles, either big or small, but when he does it's always to bring glory to himself in some way. I think for me, that's one of the ways I've always known when something was directly from God. Sure, this particular miracle helped you guys get to work and earn some much needed money so you can live a little better, but as you well know the greatest thing about it was the testimony to your son, and that brings glory to God!

Very true brother. I explained that to my son yesterday while we were still in the truck, lol.
The way you said that made me think of the man with the beard who does the beer commercials. It would make a good poster. I don't always perform miracles, but when I do it's to bring Glory to myself. :yes

My older, wiser Pentecostal friend always tells me..."God loves us all the same, and He loves us all infinitely." So, His love for your son is as intense and abiding as His love for anybody on this forum, you, me, the best, most seasoned Christian out there. I think He's trying to get to your son and maybe in the process (re)affirm your faith, too.

Just a thought.

That is a very very good point brother. I have prayed to be able to see myself as through the Lords eyes, and I have been being shown that He looks at us very differently than we would suppose...with total love. Knowing this is in and of itself, a very good thing for us all to remember.

Very good point. God's testimony of his power to YOU (Edward) was also a great thing! No matter how long we have been Christians and no matter how strong our faith may be, Satan is always trying to do battle with God for our souls and he will hurt and discourage us all he can. These kind of miracles, whether they happen directly to us or we see them happen to another brother or sister, are for all us Christians as well to strengthen our faith and make our armor stronger against Satan's attacks!

Amen brother! Agreed.

I'm praising the Lord again today! No miracles or anything today but blessings of more work for us keep coming and work picking up in general. It feels like this will be a good heating season for us the way it is starting out. Last year at this time we were dead in the water and the new construction was winding down with no service work coming in, and the no pay contractors we were working for then just compounded the problem.

But service work is flowing in now, praise the Lord! These are all direct pay from the homeowners so it's COD.

praise the Lord Praise The Lord Praise The LORD!!!! :pray :nod :yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back