Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mission trips!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I went on a mission trip to Lisbon Portugal a few years ago and it was a very humbling experience.

We started a new church! We went to a poor section where Angolian refugees were living in government housing projects.

We led almost 100 to faith in Christ and we had a lot of people in the church that we were working with to really examine their commitment to Christ.

We had a lot of fun serving the Lord Jesus Christ. And He was strong in our midst.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
What experiences have you had on a mission trip?

Hi there!

I've never been on a mission trip, God planted me in mission field, it's called "America" and then God said, "Bloom where you are planted."

Sometimes it's a mission trip to turn on the 'puter.

~serapha~

serapha said:
I've never been on a mission trip, God planted me in mission field, it's called "America" and then God said, "Bloom where you are planted."

Serapha,

My dear, I luv ya! What a wonderful thing to hear. It breaks your heart doesn't it, we greatly need missionaries in class rooms, on street corners, in malls, in restaurants, and at corporate-america!

With luv,
-Sara

I have been to Mexico once on a house building trip, then another time to build, put on a VBS and help an established minister in the community. I loved both trips, but working with the minister and the kids was incredible. I am going on a medical trip to Guadalajara in march to use my nursing skills to serve others and carry the word of God.

I agree we definately need missionaries here in the US. That is the job of every Christian that is in the US. Keep up the good work.

But there is something about going to another culture and seeing the poverty that makes you really appreciate what we have here in the US. My first trip to mexico has changed my life, I came back a different person and have been working every day to get back to serving others physically and spiritually.

I strongly encourage everyone to go somewhere outside of the US and see what it is like. You may not be called to go and serve anywhere else, but I guarantee you will not regret your experience.

KnarfKS said:
But there is something about going to another culture and seeing the poverty that makes you really appreciate what we have here in the US. My first trip to mexico has changed my life, I came back a different person and have been working every day to get back to serving others physically and spiritually.

I strongly encourage everyone to go somewhere outside of the US and see what it is like. You may not be called to go and serve anywhere else, but I guarantee you will not regret your experience.

~agreed~

Most foreign countries do not have the social services that are available to the poor as in the states. I've seen children drinking water next to animals.... and living in such filth that is would be indescribable.

~serapha~

2 Corinthians 5:15-18
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
All Christians should consider themselves to be in "The Ministry of Reconciliation" and should be doing something to further God's kingdom on earth.

I go to Romania each year to preach in some village churches and also spend time developing relationships. My main goal is teach the people how to study the Bible for themselves and encourage them in the faith.

Every trip has been very rewarding. In fact, we just got back a couple of weeks ago after spending Thanksgiving preaching and teaching there.

Hi!!
well... I have been to England, Mexico times 2, and Ethiopia, and Zambia... I was in Zambia for a month!!! It was amazing... miss those times :sad... But I'm going to England in uhhhhh 13 days!!!!!!! wo0t wo0t With my church youth group!!

-consumed-

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back