Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Mommy gave him up...Daddy wants him back

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Safe Haven Law just got complicated.

Florida passed the "Safe Haven Law" a while back, as a result of so many infants found killed and left in dumpsters, or abandoned in some other way. The law states that a mother can bring a baby to one of the safe haven locations (Such as a fire station, a hospital, etc.) and leave it. The baby will then go into 'the system' to be put up for adoption.

News reports in the last few days have told of such a baby left with firefighters in Lake Wales. The father, who is still married to the mother, and they have two other children, saw the report and wants his child back.

May the Lord place this child where He wants him to be, protect him and raise him up for the glory of God. I pray that the Lord will also watch over the other two children, and give the father comfort and wisdom. Father, draw this young mother to yourself, and bring righteousness to this situation. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

News reports this evening state that a judge has removed this baby's two older siblings from the home.

I sure hope that someone is helping me pray, and you just forgot to let me know ... the unanswered prayer requests remind me a bit of a line from John Denver's "The Box"
No one seems to want to save the children any more :crying:

Hi Gabby,
I just saw your post. What a horrible situation.

I think that we should also be praying for the Father of this child and his family. He has just entered hell on earth...

StoveBolts said:
Hi Gabby,
I just saw your post. What a horrible situation.

I think that we should also be praying for the Father of this child and his family. He has just entered hell on earth...

Thank you for your prayers.

No problem Gabby, if I can do more, please let me know.

This is where sombody needs to step up and be a part of the answer to these prayers. As Christians, I beleive that to petition for prayers, is to commit be used by God to answer those prayers. Often, God uses us, his children to answer the prayers of others.

When I think of the woman who dropped the child off, knowing that she has a husband and two other children, I can't begin to imagine her state of mind. What I can understand is the man's love and commitment to his child exlemplified by his failed attempt to retrieve his child soon after he found her whearabouts, and the yearning, frustration, anger and disbelief he must be going through. I also feel for their two other children and their fates as their little worlds are shattered more so than they've already been shattered. It's horrible, just tragic all the way around.

I'm sure that this is a very disfunctional family, but I don't think it lessons the pain and suffering that any of them are going through.

My cousin is part of this group, and it looks like they have people in FLA that can help. I know the site is a bit outdated, but the members are very active.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back