Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mother of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free Hidden In Him
At the top of the Catholicism Forum I stated in PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING "The purpose of this forum to allow questions and discussions about doctrines, practices and disciplines that are particular to Catholicism, and engage in fruitful discussion even if we end up having to agree to disagree."

I suggest we have gone as far as we can on this topic. We are just recycling previous arguments.
I laid out the Catholic position on this topic in the thread Understanding Mary - Mother of God which went on for 176 posts. I repeated that OP earlier in this one (posts #19 & #20)

I suggest we leave it there.

Free Regarding the Perpetual Virginity of Mary and the Immaculate Conception, those also have been explained in threads:
Understanding Mary - Ever Virgin
Understanding Mary- Immaculate Conception
The Biblical basis for the beliefs is given in both threads.

Free Hidden In Him
At the top of the Catholicism Forum I stated in PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING "The purpose of this forum to allow questions and discussions about doctrines, practices and disciplines that are particular to Catholicism, and engage in fruitful discussion even if we end up having to agree to disagree."

I suggest we have gone as far as we can on this topic. We are just recycling previous arguments.
I laid out the Catholic position on this topic in the thread Understanding Mary - Mother of God which went on for 176 posts. I repeated that OP earlier in this one (posts #19 & #20)

I suggest we leave it there.

Free Regarding the Perpetual Virginity of Mary and the Immaculate Conception, those also have been explained in threads:
Understanding Mary - Ever Virgin
Understanding Mary- Immaculate Conception
The Biblical basis for the beliefs is given in both threads.
Hi Mungo,
I think this IS a discussion.
It's calm and respectful and there seems to be no problem.
Free and I are having an interesting conversation. It regards the nature of Jesus, Christology.
I hope you keep it open!

Hi Mungo,
I think this IS a discussion.
It's calm and respectful and there seems to be no problem.
Free and I are having an interesting conversation. It regards the nature of Jesus, Christology.
I hope you keep it open!
That's fine.

I wasn't going to close it. I just thought from my point of view it was just going over the same arguments.

Lk 1:43 mother of God
Lk 1:34 perpetual virgin

Jn 2 what has it to do with me and you? my hour has not come, so when his hour did come she was very involved! Lk 2:35

No sons of Mary or Joseph here

2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Matthew 13:55
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Matthew 27:56
Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.

Acts 4:36
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!) Lk 1:32-33

Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back