Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Music Madness Zone

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This a place where you guys can talk about music and stuff, and not in a question that says if a music genre is demonic.

I listen to music as a way to deal with depression and anxiety. Worship music of any style can be very calming, lately I really like listening to Psalms set to music.
I sometimes listen to music as a way to vent as well. It can be cathartic, and even many of the Psalms are not exactly "uplifting". When I first encountered severe depression over a decade ago as a teen, the only part of the Bible that I could stomach was the book of Psalms. Many of them echoed how I was feeling.

Music is an expression of human experience and connection. It has definitely helped me to feel less alone in the things I deal with.
Recently I've connected with the recently released song Lost by Linkin Park, which was recorded a couple decades ago and the vocals are by a band member who later committed suicide. While I do have hope in God and God is the reason I'm still here, I am still often in deep emotional pain and can relate to what the song is saying.

Last edited:
This a place where you guys can talk about music and stuff, and not in a question that says if a music genre is demonic.

What do we talk about then? That's what got the conversation going. I had a couple things I wanted to say about other genre's but couldn't in that thread.

Unless this is just a, what music do you like thread?

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I have always had eclectic musical tastes. I was labeled a poseur for my musical tastes so…?

Not trying to sound bitter lol 😆 I just didn’t understand back in the day…and I still don’t fully grasp now…

How one’s musical tastes are linked to lifestyle and such. I really just enjoyed indie at a younger age.

Now? I read a study that claims that musical tastes from 15 or so to 30 are what determines long term preferences. Kind of see it in my own life at 38.

It is what it is…

I like nearly all styles of music tbh. Rap and country tend to be my least favorites, but that has more to do with the content they often have. There is good rap and there is good country.

I heard the song Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace while at the eye dr's today. (No, the band is not Christian, despite the name.)

I'm listening to it now, and I'm actually thinking.... don't the lyrics reflect the human condition? Someone who feels out of control and is asking for help?

I can't escape this hell
So many times I've tried
But I'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one would ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
(This animal, this animal)

I can't escape myself
(I can't escape myself)
So many times I've lied
(So many times I've lied)
But there's still rage inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

No one would ever change this animal I have become
Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Somebody help me through this nightmare
I can't control myself
Somebody wake me from this nightmare
I can't escape this hell

No one will ever change this animal I have become
Somebody help me tame this animal I have become
(This animal I have become)

I heard the song Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace while at the eye dr's today. (No, the band is not Christian, despite the name.)

I'm listening to it now, and I'm actually thinking.... don't the lyrics reflect the human condition? Someone who feels out of control and is asking for help?

I like lyrics such as this with meaning. I do listen to a lot of secular music, some of it is sketchy, much of it has to do with what goes on in the world. My current obsession is "Bye Bye Beautiful" by Nightwish, a symphonic power metal band.

Finally the hills are without eyes
They are tired of painting a dead man's face red
With their own blood
They used to love having so much to lose
Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruins
Did you ever hear what I told you?
Did you ever read what I wrote you?
Did you ever listen to what we played?
Did you ever let in what the world said?
Did we get this far just to feel your hate?
Did we play to become only pawns in the game?
How blind can you be, don't you see?
You chose the long road but we'll be waiting
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
Jacob's ghost for the girl in white
Blindfold for the blind
Dead siblings walking the dying earth
Noose around a choking heart
Eternity torn apart
Slow toll now the funeral bells
I need to die to feel alive
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
(Bye bye beautiful)
(Bye bye beautiful)
It's not the tree that forsakes the flower
But the flower that forsakes the tree
Someday I'll learn to love these scars
Still fresh from the red-hot blade of your words
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye bye bye

Basically I got 2 interperations for this lyrics in my opinion. A. Was/Is a woman I like online but no idea if she pays attention to me and B. A lot of hate coming from some people in the world who push their agenda not caring who they hurt. Not really the ideal song but the chorus is what matters, because no matter what you tell these people they still don't listen to you.

I like lyrics such as this with meaning. I do listen to a lot of secular music, some of it is sketchy, much of it has to do with what goes on in the world. My current obsession is "Bye Bye Beautiful" by Nightwish, a symphonic power metal band.

Finally the hills are without eyes
They are tired of painting a dead man's face red
With their own blood
They used to love having so much to lose
Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruins
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
Jacob's ghost for the girl in white
Blindfold for the blind
Dead siblings walking the dying earth
Noose around a choking heart
Eternity torn apart
Slow toll now the funeral bells
I need to die to feel alive
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
(Bye bye beautiful)
(Bye bye beautiful)
It's not the tree that forsakes the flower
But the flower that forsakes the tree
Someday I'll learn to love these scars
Still fresh from the red-hot blade of your words
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye beautiful
Bye bye bye bye

Basically I got 2 interperations for this lyrics in my opinion. A. Was/Is a woman I like online but no idea if she pays attention to me and B. A lot of hate coming from some people in the world who push their agenda not caring who they hurt. Not really the ideal song but the chorus is what matters, because no matter what you tell these people they still don't listen to you.
That was about Tarja (original singer) being fired from the band. Annette (new singer) later apologized to Tarja because she didn't know the meaning behind the song.

I like classic Nightwish. The original line up. Great band. I can recommend some of my favorites if you like.

That was about Tarja (original singer) being fired from the band. Annette (new singer) later apologized to Tarja because she didn't know the meaning behind the song.

I like classic Nightwish. The original line up. Great band. I can recommend some of my favorites if you like.

Yep it's not too far off from how I see the lyrics. The band having a conflict, I'm not sure of the specifics of why they dropped Tarja but well.. they didn't want to work it out it seems. I'm fairly familiar with their earlier efforts as well. Havent heard of their post Dark Passion Play stuff yet.

Yep it's not too far off from how I see the lyrics. The band having a conflict, I'm not sure of the specifics of why they dropped Tarja but well.. they didn't want to work it out it seems. I'm fairly familiar with their earlier efforts as well. Havent heard of their post Dark Passion Play stuff yet.
All the albums are on YouTube. I liked dark passion play. But then they fired Annette and hired Floor Jansen. I love Floor. She's a great singer. But it's just not Nightwish anymore to me. Just like Guns wasn't Guns anymore without Slash.

Riven I'll have to check out their newer albums. I wasn't sure who was the singer after Annette, I was still thinking Tarja was in the band but when I was listening to them it was still new to me, seen a co worker wearing a Nightwish shirt back during around when Dark Passion Play came out. Floor was originally in After Forever. I think another band member left to do Epica. The first After Forever album was a concept which continued on in Epica which I thought was pretty cool.

I do get that sometimes bands change directions and they are not the same. Metallica comes to mind, I only didn't like St. Anger due to the sound quality. Either way I'm curious on how Nightwish is sounding, still gotta catch up with Kamelots stuff as well, I think they changed singers as well.

Riven I'll have to check out their newer albums. I wasn't sure who was the singer after Annette, I was still thinking Tarja was in the band but when I was listening to them it was still new to me, seen a co worker wearing a Nightwish shirt back during around when Dark Passion Play came out. Floor was originally in After Forever. I think another band member left to do Epica. The first After Forever album was a concept which continued on in Epica which I thought was pretty cool.

I do get that sometimes bands change directions and they are not the same. Metallica comes to mind, I only didn't like St. Anger due to the sound quality. Either way I'm curious on how Nightwish is sounding, still gotta catch up with Kamelots stuff as well, I think they changed singers as well.
St. Anger's sound quality was shocking. I still can't believe they put the album out sounding like that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back