Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Music Ministry Directed to the Unsaved?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have envisioned an evangelistic ministry: singing and playing songs on my guitar in public (coffee shops, street corners, etc.) with the purpose of presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ to listeners.

I really want to warn people about Hell and tell them the good news of Christ and I also want to use my musical ability. Is it a good or bad idea to combine the two? Would the musical aspect distract from the call of the Holy Spirit to the lost? Or would it open the door for the lost to hear the call?

I believe that God has given me my musical ability and passion for a purpose and I believe that the effectiveness of the musical medium in delivering the message is dependent on my own submission to the Holy Spirit. I'm curious to hear other viewpoints.

ManifestInTheFlesh,

I think the music used to gather people for the preaching of the Gospel is a great idea. I don't know your inclinations, whether music is a temptation for you to be self-focused, but just taking you at face value, you have a great idea. There are many things you can do to get a crowd of people, and your talent is one of a long list.

One of the best groups I know of at street preaching is Ray Comfort's evangelistic ministry. You can find him at Livingwaters.com. After you get out on the street, I'd love to hear how it goes, and I'd like to know your approach to giving the Gospel message.

- Davies

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back