Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Advice.......

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

Jay T

Study the Bible like your life depends on it.......BECAUSE, IT DOES !!!

Jesus Christ said: 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God".

One little commandment ignored, can be FATAL !

You don't believe me ?
Just ask Adam & Eve.

They already had started out with immortal life.....then, LOST IT.

God says the same thing about Christians.......
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (sin).

The scripture plainly points out that they believed in God, but did not forsake all sin....sin which God has declared does this......
Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear".

When Jesus Christ took our sins, upon HIMSELF, while hanging on the Cross....God, backed away from HIM, causing Jesus Christ to say: "My God, My God, Why has thou forsaken me" ?

Same thing with Adam & Eve......when they sinned, they HID themselves, from God, creating a separation.

Ever read where it says...to keep your name in the Book of Life....you must overcome....WHAT ?
Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life..."

Get it ?
The one who overcomes....keeps their name ...IN, the Book of Life !

Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne".

Christians are in TROUBLE.......because they have not studied their Bible to know what the words.....RIGHTEOUSNESS........FAITH......GRACE.....WORKS.....SALVATION.....MEAN, BY GOD'S DEFINITION.

I would submit that Individuals who believe that they are Christians but are not "are in TROUBLE.......because they have not studied their Bible to know what the words.....RIGHTEOUSNESS........FAITH......GRACE.....WORKS.....SALVATION.....MEAN, BY GOD'S DEFINITION".

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:1-5

The flesh is sold under sin, but the believer has been born of God, and has been renewed a new creature, the new man, the inward man that serves God. Keeping the ordinances that were given to the man of the flesh will not assist the flesh to gain access into the kingdom of God; only by being born of God can one see and enter the Kindgom of God.

Solo said:
I would submit that Individuals who believe that they are Christians but are not "are in TROUBLE.......because they have not studied their Bible to know what the words.....RIGHTEOUSNESS........FAITH......GRACE.....WORKS.....SALVATION.....MEAN, BY GOD'S DEFINITION".

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:1-5

The flesh is sold under sin, but the believer has been born of God, and has been renewed a new creature, the new man, the inward man that serves God. Keeping the ordinances that were given to the man of the flesh will not assist the flesh to gain access into the kingdom of God; only by being born of God can one see and enter the Kindgom of God.

I believe that the 'old' man tends towards sinful tendencies......
Whereas the New Creature in Christ, is freed from sinful tendencies, by the power of God......
Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.
6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
NOTE: Righteousness is defined in the Bible as the commandments of God, Psalms 119:172)
6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.
6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

NO SINNER HAS ETERNAL LIFE !!!

Solo said:
Are you a sinner?
And, are you God...that you have any right to ask me that ?

Again......
33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Jay T wrote:
NO SINNER HAS ETERNAL LIFE !!!

Solo wrote:
Are you a sinner?

I am a sinner. And as such I am doomed to death. However...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

God says:

I am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and remembers you sin no more. Isaiah 43:25

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jay T said:
And, are you God...that you have any right to ask me that ?

Again......
33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

33:9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
You are very deceptive in your posting, and I know beyond a shadow of doubt that you continue to sin. Lying and deception is a sin, my friend. Adhering to the false teachings of a false prophet is a sin my friend. Living apart from Jesus Christ and depending on the Law of Moses to save you is a sin also my friend.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1 John 1:5-10

Hopefully you will listen to the Holy Spirit and receive the true Jesus Christ if you haven't already so that you can have the indwelling of God within you to teach you the truths available in the word of God. If you have received Jesus Christ as your saviour and have been born again, then perhaps you should remove the programmed doctrines that you have received from the SDA and prayerfully read the scriptures for you spiritual growth.

Veritas said:
I am a sinner. And as such I am doomed to death. However...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

God says:

I am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake and remembers you sin no more. Isaiah 43:25

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And, the promise to those who keep all the commandments of God, thru the power of Jesus Christ is, eternal life......
Revelation 22:14 "Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city".

Jay T said:
Study the Bible like your life depends on it.......BECAUSE, IT DOES !!!

Jesus Christ said: 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God".

One little commandment ignored, can be FATAL !

You don't believe me ?
Just ask Adam & Eve.

They already had started out with immortal life.....then, LOST IT.

God says the same thing about Christians.......
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (sin).

The scripture plainly points out that they believed in God, but did not forsake all sin....sin which God has declared does this......
Isaiah 59:2 "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear".

When Jesus Christ took our sins, upon HIMSELF, while hanging on the Cross....God, backed away from HIM, causing Jesus Christ to say: "My God, My God, Why has thou forsaken me" ?

Same thing with Adam & Eve......when they sinned, they HID themselves, from God, creating a separation.

Ever read where it says...to keep your name in the Book of Life....you must overcome....WHAT ?
Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life..."

Get it ?
The one who overcomes....keeps their name ...IN, the Book of Life !

Revelation 3:21 "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne".

Christians are in TROUBLE.......because they have not studied their Bible to know what the words.....RIGHTEOUSNESS........FAITH......GRACE.....WORKS.....SALVATION.....MEAN, BY GOD'S DEFINITION.

Jay T
It amazes me that you are giving advice when you make up things about the bible.

Jay T said:
Jesus Christ said that all 10 commandments found in Exodus 20:3-17, are to be kept by anyone, who wants to get into heaven.

Please provide the Book, Chapter and verse where Jesus said this.
If you can't provide this, then this makes you a liar.

Baring false witness is in violation of one of the 10 commandments

Jay T said:
And, the promise to those who keep all the commandments of God, thru the power of Jesus Christ is, eternal life......
Revelation 22:14 "Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city".

“Blessed are those who do His commandments†or “Blessed are those who wash their robes†(margin). Neither reading teaches salvation by works but rather works as the fruit and proof of salvation. Only true believers have access to the tree of life and to the eternal city.

It amazes me how you keep plucking verses out of the air and you have no clue what they mean :o We are not saved by works, but by grace through faith.

oscar3 said:
Please provide the Book, Chapter and verse where Jesus said this.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

If you can't provide this, then this makes you a liar.
1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Baring false witness is in violation of one of the 10 commandments
As is accusing one of falsehood, when the truth is presented.

Jay T wrote:

Jay T, I've already broken the commandments of God.

Jay T said:
Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;
20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.
As is accusing one of falsehood, when the truth is presented.

LOL
Talk about taking verses out of context :roll: :o
You really don't have a clue about the scriptures. May I recommend you take a few months of your life and study Romans and Galations.
Perhaps the same that happened to Martin Luther and John Wesley to name a few will happen to and you will find the saving Grace that is in Jesus Christ. Right now all of your good works are but like filthy rags and will not get you eternal life.

Veritas said:
Jay T, I've already broken the commandments of God.

Jesus Christ can help you in getting back into harmony with HIMSELF......

Here is how salvation works.....

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

51:2 Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin [is] ever before me.

51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done [this] evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, [and] be clear when thou judgest.

51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden [part] thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; [that] the bones [which] thou hast broken may rejoice.

51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Veritas said:
I have to ask something like this many times each day.
I don't want to belittle your experience.....BUT, if one asks God, it is a done deal, not requiring additional asking, many times a day ?

If God has...done as one asks, putting that 'right' spirit within, is doing the job of Righteousness (Right-doing).

To my way of thinking, if I had to ask God several times a day....did HE do the Job, the first time I asked ?

51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Oh yes, I believe He does the job. I know His presence. I'm just a sinful and stubborn person. So I ask things like that alot.

Gal 3:5-14 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

The Law Brings a Curse

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them." 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith." 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Being under the curse through trying to be justified by the works of the law is contrasted with being blessed as a believer.... See verse 9. The quotation from Deut. 27:26 says that those who do not keep the whole law are cursed, proving that all are cursed who follow the law, because all fall short of the law's standards
Rom 3:10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Paul quotes Hab. 2:4 4 "Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith''. to demonstrate that a person can only be justified through faith. He cites Lev. 18:5 to prove that keeping the law to gain salvation is utterly incompatible with faith.
Lev 18:5 ''You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am the Lord''.

Paul knew that many of his readers would perceive that they were actually under the curse of the law...see verse Gal 3:10 above. For them as for us it is incredibly comforting to know that Christ became that curse for us on the Cross Deut. 21:23.'' his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.

oscar3 said:
Jay T
It appears the Law has brought a curse upon you.
Don't be absurd !

God NEVER punishes a person for doing what HE says to do !

The curse ONLY falls on the person who is DISobedient to what God says to do.

Back