Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Advice.......

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jay T said:
Don't be absurd !

God NEVER punishes a person for doing what HE says to do !

The curse ONLY falls on the person who is DISobedient to what God says to do.

And this is why you are cursed. Your pagan worship of ellen g white

Picture edited for content
-Atonement

oscar3 said:
And this is why you are cursed. Your pagan worship of ellen g white
I'm curious as to why you make up lies so much ?

You constantly accuse me of things you know nothing about....why ?

Maybe I should report you for causing personal attacks against me, But then God would not have your words against me to be used in the Day of God's Judgment.....
Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Jay T,

I'm not trying to aggravate, but you're not saying you're perfect though, right?

I mean, there's a reason we all need to be saved, right? :)

Veritas
If you go back and read his ridiculas post, you will see all the madness he preaches.

Veritas said:
Jay T,

I'm not trying to aggravate, but you're not saying you're perfect though, right?
A perfect man/woman will not realize that they are perfect. They will, in their own eyes, always feel as though they are not perfect.

God called Job a perfect man, yet, in his description of himself, you never got the impression that He thought of himself as perfect.

I mean, there's a reason we all need to be saved, right? :)
The Bible's description of being 'saved' is about the person who does not.....commit any known sins, in their daily lives.
Carefully underscore the word: 'known sins'.

As soon as a person has gotten the victory over a known sin, God will bring to their knowledge, sins ....they do not know exist within them......
Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Gid is ever trying to bring the Born-again person to the Godly perfection , which HE has established, for entrance into heaven.

As long as a person is in the process of Christian growing, they are iin harmony with God's Plan of Salvation.
It does not matter where in that growth provcess they are at any given m oment, as long as they do not resist God, in HIS process of getting rid of any and all sinful practices in the life.

Those who refuse to be molded by God's hand, will not be allowed into heaven, where they would only create rebellion against the perfect Law of God, which is based on Love.

That is why satan was cast out........

Hi everyone,

As I was reading through this thread, I found that the tone is not really one of Christian Talk, and advice. So, I am moving it to apologetics. The Lord bless all of you.

lovely

Where did this one come from and how did I miss it? I see all God's children have been fighting again. :-D Thanks for putting it here in my little corner, Lovely. (I'm in permanent 'time out') :wink:

oscar said:
LOL
Talk about taking verses out of context You really don't have a clue about the scriptures. May I recommend you take a few months of your life and study Romans and Galations.
Perhaps the same that happened to Martin Luther and John Wesley to name a few will happen to and you will find the saving Grace that is in Jesus Christ. Right now all of your good works are but like filthy rags and will not get you eternal life.

First, you would do well to study the context of your “filthy rags†verse. I doubt that Jay T has been secretly sacrificing his children to false gods while at the same time going to God’s house and singing in the choir. It’s hard to imagine anyone being so callous and hypocritical today since we have become too sophisticated to worship false gods in this ‘enlightened’ age. Now most of our chopping up of the babies is done by the tormented souls who sneak off to have an abortion rather than face the horror and shame of letting their little sin come to light before a cruel and judgmental church who loves gossip more than mercy.

The filthy rags only refer to hypocritical worship that does not come from the heart in repentance, sincerity and truth, oscar. You constantly quote that verse and I wonder if you have ever found it in the Bible in it’s original context and understood why God despised their phony display of righteousness. God loves the deeds of sacrificial love and mercy that we do for each other.

Ezekiel 20:16 “Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols.â€Â

Psalm 50:16-18 “But unto the wicked God says, What have you to do to declare my statutes, or that you should take my covenant in your mouth? Seeing you hate instruction, and cast my words behind you. When you saw a thief, then you consented with him, and have been partakers with adulterers.â€Â

Second, Jay T is right about those being the words of Christ in the OT because before the Word was made flesh, the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Old Testament law is the legalistic version of the law of Christ. It was legislated love for God and fellowman. It is the law that brings us to Christ so that in our failures to keep the law, we come seeking forgiveness and find it in the blood of Christ, and a living way of sacrifice that is holy and acceptable to God. Walking in love and humility before our brothers and neighbors pleases God.

Psalm 51:17 “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.â€Â

Micah 6:8 “He hath showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and towalk humbly with your God?â€Â

The common people received his word gladly.

Back