Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My husband doesn't "like" me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I need prayer. I've been married for 38 years and I know he still loves me, but he has changed so much. It seems that everything I do irritates him. I can't seem to say or do any right any more.
I can't see well to drive at night and asked him to go with me to a wedding rehearsal over the weekend. It was a miserable time. He told me 4 or 5 times "I did NOT want to come. I hope you realize what a sacrifice this is".
I told him thank you many times. I said "I appreciate it. I know you didn't want to come but did because you love me". He Saud that wasn't why! He did it "so he wouldn't have to hear me fuss".
He's been mean-spirited since 2018 when his daddy died but I guess this weekend was just the straw that broke this old camel's back.
I am trying so hard to be a good & Godly wife but it's so hard. He has no joy other than our grandson. He's just a miserable person. He won't talk to me, let alone a doctor or counselor.
Please pray for us. He is Christian man but not the loving, sweet man I married.

I need prayer. I've been married for 38 years and I know he still loves me, but he has changed so much. It seems that everything I do irritates him. I can't seem to say or do any right any more.
I can't see well to drive at night and asked him to go with me to a wedding rehearsal over the weekend. It was a miserable time. He told me 4 or 5 times "I did NOT want to come. I hope you realize what a sacrifice this is".
I told him thank you many times. I said "I appreciate it. I know you didn't want to come but did because you love me". He Saud that wasn't why! He did it "so he wouldn't have to hear me fuss".
He's been mean-spirited since 2018 when his daddy died but I guess this weekend was just the straw that broke this old camel's back.
I am trying so hard to be a good & Godly wife but it's so hard. He has no joy other than our grandson. He's just a miserable person. He won't talk to me, let alone a doctor or counselor.
Please pray for us. He is Christian man but not the loving, sweet man I married.
You're a good person PianoPlayer, I see a lot of what you describe happening with my grandparents, they still love each other, but difficulties in life has also made my grandfather the stereotypical grumpy old man.
I also see similarities with the relationship of the grandparents of my girlfriend, their marriage was arranged, the first decades their marriage was wonderful, but over time, as life hit both of them, something inside broke.

Sometimes the things in life do not go as planned or as we hoped for. I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced things like this can give you valuable advice. Some young adult like me, has no experience or valuable lessons to teach you. I hope you'll be able to find someone to talk to about this, that might already help you in your healing process.

I pray you'll find the strength to go trough this and pray you'll find someone on your path that can help you go through this period of life.

You'd have to find out what brings him joy in life, and what makes him miserable, because it sounds like he's getting too much of the latter and not enough of the former.

Any insight you could provide on that?

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to Christian Forums.

Go
God cannot give you what you cannot handle. Praying for your family. Be strong and pray fervently

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back