Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My nephew could use some prayer

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

faeriecat

My oldest nephew is 14 (he'll be 15 in April). And he's struggling with a lot of anger control issues. Beyond the normal tween/teen angst type stuff. He is seeing a child psychologist and the school and his mom (my sister) are aware of the issue and are keeping tabs on things but, yeah, that's far too young to be so out of control with the anger.

I suspect some of the issues are rooted in the death of his father. Even though his father was an abusive ... well, you know ... he was my nephew's father. No one has told me, but I suspect the oldest nephew found his father dead. The father died after a series of bad decisisons involving drugs.

*sigh*

Thank you kind folks. :)

That sounds like that family has gone through a lot of sorrow.
It's good that the kid is getting helped. A good psychologist may be able to help him.

I will be praying for them.

Thank you. :) And yeah, its not been an easy start for the boys (there are two nephews, but the younger one is adjusting better).

Thank you. :) And yeah, its not been an easy start for the boys (there are two nephews, but the younger one is adjusting better).

That bad start can turn out to be a source of great strength and wisdom for them later in their lives. Most important thing humans can do for them other than prayer is to be there for them, and let them know they are deserving of love and kindness.

My prayers are with your nephew in particular, with all the family in general. I, too, am glad he's seeing a child psychiatrist. All the emotional issues of losing an abusive father can be a lot for a young person (or anyone, any age, for that matter) .... and if he was the one who found his father's dead body, the trauma can permeate throughout your nephew's entire being.

Reinforcing the fact that your nephew is NOT like his father and doesn't have his father's bad decision processes, if said repeatedly, will also help (in addition to prayers).

Please keep us updated on his progress, if you wouldn't mind, FairieCat.

Thank you AirDancer. I will keep y'all posted. And yes, there was abuse -- at minimum verbal with the boys (physical with my sister). They're in a much safer place now and are, overall, doing quite a bit better. The oldest nephew just ... needs a little extra help.

My prayers are with your family as you deal with this difficult situation. Having an abusive father, and having to deal with that abusive father's death, on top of his normal teen age angst, make a very difficullt passage for him.

Parayer helps, and we will be praying for him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back