Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] My story with the word!

Dantheiv

Hi,
I'm Daniel, 28, originally from Sri Lanka but now living in the UK.
I was born a Hindu and was very devoted. And I came to the UK when I was 16.
When I was around 19, I had the most memorable dream, ever! In that dream I heard a voice saying watch this. At this very moment, I was shown a vision in which a guy falls in love with a girl and the girl cheats on him and he spent his time thinking if she's a good person or not (well, I wasn't in a relationship at that time!;)) And I heard the voice again asking "Are you going to waste your time like this or ................. (The voice said this purpose of my life, which I think is far fetched). It also told me to be cautious about my relationships as he has the perfect bride ready for me, and the voice also told me her name! I remembered the name as its a very unique one! At that time, I thought my subconscious mind is playing tricks on me, so shrugged it off with a laugh!
But alas! I was in a relationship with this girl when I was 21, and it ended in a disaster, just as the voice said:sad Since that was my first ever breakup, it hit me so hard so I stopped caring for myself and became homeless, sleeping in the buses in the winter ect, I couldn't think anything else, but her:sad
At this very time, my mum, who lived in Italy at that time (who had no idea about my breakup or homelessness) had a dream, in that, she heard a voice asking her why she's ignoring him even though she know he exists. And the voice also told her that her son (me) is homeless, sleeping in the buses and her daughter (my sis) has a bf ( her current husband) behind her back! I later confirmed it with my sis, my mum had that dream just days after she got into a relationship!
After that, one day my Aunt whos a Christian took me to this church where I got to know Jesus Christ, I became a believer there and then! On that same night, I had a dream and I heard a voice saying that I'm finally home and he's glad to have me!
I got baptised soon after that! And I'm a strong believer in god & his word to this date & will be forever!
Few years passed, I was in another relationship, which failed as well! And two months ago, my parents proposed me a girl to marry and guess what? Her name is the name which the voice said I would marry:s I was shocked and happy at the same time! Now I'm engaged to that girl :)
Now I have lots of questions flooding my mind. Am I taking this voice incident too seriously? Or is it just my subconscious mind? Or chance perhaps? And if it is indeed Jesus's voice, have I messed up my purpose of life by not listening to his warning beforehand? :sad Comments appreciated!
Thank you so much for reading my testimonial! May god bless you all!

NO way did you mess up your life! If I know anything about God it's that it's impossible for us to mess up His plan because it's so good. And as for the whole voice thing I don't disbelive it. Look at Joseph. He had dreams that could tell the future so why not you? However if the voice does speak to you again listen, and if it seems odd or tells you to do something that doesn't seem right ask it if Jesus is the Lord and Savior. There is a verse that says to test the spirits because not all of them are nice. So in conclusion, yes I do believe you heard from God, but be careful cuz satan might try to impersonate Him, and no I do not think you messed up your life. :)

Back