Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Understandiing of, 'Imputed Righteousness'

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jay T

My Understanding of 'Imputed Righteousness'

To me, the Bible defines, Righteousness as.....

Psalms 119:172 "My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] Righteousness".
From this one Bible definition of what Righteousness is, my conclusion is that Righteousness, and 'any' commandments of God cannot...be separated.

And, looking at the Life of Jesus Christ, that makes sense to me...as Jesus Christ was a Righteous man, as this world ever knew....and, He kept God's 10 commandments, as found in Exodus 20:3-17.

QUESTION:
Do I question the fact, that Jesus Christ was, a 'Righteous' man ?

No,
.....as He said of Himself:
John 15:10 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love".

QUESTION: How did Jesus keep the commandments of God....in His human nature ?

I believe that Jesus Christ was given, 'Imputed Righteousness' ...from God, the Father....in order to keep the commandments.

I base this idea on the following Bible verses:
#1.) Christ said of Himself....
John 5:30 "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me".
This is exactly the state of every man...they can do nothing of themselves.

As God...Jeus NEVER would have said: "I can do nothing of myself".

#2.) Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh".
QUESTION: How does one condemn sin, in the flesh ?
Answer: By not allowing the flesh, to commit sin...like Jesus did.

#3.) Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham.
2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his bretheren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
Question: Can a God be tempted to commit sin ? (Yes or No )
Answer: The human nature 'within' Christ, was the object of satan's temptations.

#4.) Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.
(Christ proved that human nature does not...have to commit sin....while God is in control of an individuals life..... )
4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need".

#5.) Revelation 3:21 "To him the ovecometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne".
The point I want to emphasize is...once man has 'Imputed Righteousness' from God....they can...keep all the commandments of God, and not commit sin any more.
Jesus proved it could be done....as an example for us to follow.

Those who desire to be transformed in mind and character are not to look to men, but to the divine Example.
God gives the invitation, "Let this mind be in you...which was in Christ Jesus".
If the mind of Christ thought it important, to keep all 10 Commandments.......

By conversion and transformation, men are to receive the mind of Christ.
Every one is to stand before God with an individual faith, an individual experience, knowing for himself that Christ is formed within, the hope of glory. For us to imitate the example of any man--even one whom we might regard as nearly perfect in character--would be to put our trust in a defective human being, one who is unable to impart a jot or tittle of perfection.

As our Example, we have One who is all and in all, the chiefest among ten thousand, One whose excellency is beyond comparison.
He graciously adapted His life for universal imitation.

United in Christ were wealth and poverty; majesty and abasement; unlimited power and meekness and lowliness which in every soul who receives Him will be reflected.
In Him, through the qualities and powers of the human mind, the wisdom of the greatest Teacher the world has ever known was revealed.

Before the world, God is developing us as living witnesses to what men and women may become, through the grace of Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back