Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Name for God and Jesus

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Corn Pop

Im trrying to figure out words correect me if im wrong.

So in the Hebrew to refer to God would be Elohim, and in Aramaic people would say Elah, and in Arabic people would say Allah, and in English we say God.

Jesus mostly spoke Aramaic so he would have refered to the Father and said the word "Elah" like the El from Hebrew mixed with the Ah from Arabic All-ah, but he probably also spoke Hebrew and said Elohim if speaking in Hebrew.

What about Jesus. His name is Yeshua in the Hebrew but i think thats translated as Joshua in English, so where does Jesus come from, i guess from the greek as the new covernent gospels and writting were written in greek. But if i speak english would it be Joshua?, but should probably be referred to as Yeshua as that was his acturally name and no one acturally called him Jesus, maybe in greek i dont know. Paul could speak a few languages and wrote and could spoke greek what name did he call Jesus. But names dont change, I mean Johaan and John are the same name but spell and pronounced different bevause different language.

How did english get the words God and Jesus?.

Last edited:
How about Immanuel,

Matthew 1:23

"Behold, the virgin will hold in womb, and will bring forth a son, and they will call His name Immanuel" which is, being translated, "God with us."

How about Immanuel,

Matthew 1:23

"Behold, the virgin will hold in womb, and will bring forth a son, and they will call His name Immanuel" which is, being translated, "God with us."

Language is a complicated mess in this world. Nothing makes any sense.

Immanuel apparently means "god with us", so that word in ancient hebrew must mean "Elohim is with us" if someone said the word immanuel, its not like someones literal name even people are named after words.

His name was Yeshua in hebrew where in english is Joshua but for some reason english calls him Jesus translated probably from the greek. I dont know, its just a complicated mess.

Im trrying to figure out words correect me if im wrong.

So in the Hebrew to refer to God would be Elohim, and in Aramaic people would say Elah, and in Arabic people would say Allah, and in English we say God.

Jesus mostly spoke Aramaic so he would have refered to the Father and said the word "Elah" like the El from Hebrew mixed with the Ah from Arabic All-ah, but he probably also spoke Hebrew and said Elohim if speaking in Hebrew.

What about Jesus. His name is Yeshua in the Hebrew but i think thats translated as Joshua in English, so where does Jesus come from, i guess from the greek as the new covernent gospels and writting were written in greek. But if i speak english would it be Joshua?, but should probably be referred to as Yeshua as that was his acturally name and no one acturally called him Jesus, maybe in greek i dont know. Paul could speak a few languages and wrote and could spoke greek what name did he call Jesus. But names dont change, I mean Johaan and John are the same name but spell and pronounced different bevause different language.

How did english get the words God and Jesus?.
Yeshua is Aramaic, Joshua is Hebrew,

This is Aramaic plain English translation.
Matthew 1:21
“And she shall bring forth a Son, and she shall call his name Yeshua, for he shall save his people from their sins.”

Language is a complicated mess in this world. Nothing makes any sense.

Immanuel apparently means "god with us", so that word in ancient hebrew must mean "Elohim is with us" if someone said the word immanuel, its not like someones literal name even people are named after words.

His name was Yeshua in hebrew where in english is Joshua but for some reason english calls him Jesus translated probably from the greek. I dont know, its just a complicated mess.
It's not complicated, Immanuel is a popular name in Spanish. Je sus is kind of short for Ye shua, it's not really an issue. There's many languages on earth today and a verity of words.

Back