Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Name the beast

Potential Beast (beasts) of Revelation

• The Catholic Church

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The European Common Market

• The Democratic Party of the U.S.

• The Republican Party of the U.S.

• A Non-Christian Religious Cult (Please name the cult)

• The entertainment industry (Movie / TV / Music etc.)

• The Mafia or other underground criminal organization

• non of the above, my choice is posted in my comments.

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Out of the organizations listed in the poll, which do you believe is the most capable of being one of the beasts or part of the beast of Rev.

In other words; the organization that you believe to be the most corrupt, most evil, most anti-christ, and most capable of putting their people anywhere,(including behind a Christian pulpit), have unlimited resources / skills, and manpower to enable them to do so.

I am interested in knowing your thoughts. Please comment.

The UN is where all the nations of the earth turn to when dealing with war, currency etc. Of those that were listed I chose this one, because it seems most reasonable. But I'm more leaned towards the Revived Roman Empire

vic C. said:
Er, which beast? #1 or #2? :-?

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Either or both.

For that matter, name the heads & horns.

Quath said:
I am more worried that some Christian group will try to make this a self-fulfilled prophecy.

Quath,
Pretty much all Christian groups have kicked this around for many years. All of the above named organizations have had volumes written about them as well as why people thought them to be the beast.

I share Quath's fear. Many of those poll options are thought to be the or an antichrist or beast. The christian mode of thought I came from said it was the Catholic church. However, as times change, so does the perceived enemy.
Conspiracy theorists can be very frightening.

I would say the UN/and or the harlot church system. I think it would be a mistake to focus too hard on the catholics when they will all be in the same pot calling it 'god'.

I believe it is the UN, too. Something that seems like an angel of light but is really an angel of darkness, it fits.

Gabbylittleangel said:
Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Either or both.

For that matter, name the heads & horns.
If I get it right, do I win anything? :-D

First beast, a political or military entity that has high religious hopes.

Second beast, a pseudo-religious entity; one that has power to rally the people around first beast.

vic C. said:
If I get it right, do I win anything? :-D

First beast, a political or military entity that has high religious hopes.

Second beast, a pseudo-religious entity; one that has power to rally the people around first beast.

Do you think we will know if you are right? I am trying to imagine the anti-christ be wearing a name tag that identifies him as such. You know, those stickers that say "HELLO. MY NAME IS _____"

Perhaps there will be an office building "Seven heads ~ Ten Horns Inc." :biggrin

Based on what I read in the Bible, I believe that the beast (aka Antichrist) will be Assyrian: an example was when Antiochus IV was a prototype in the Maccabean times. Some "Lost Tribe" ministries teach that modern day Assyria is Germany. Since I have a British-Israel slant to my beliefs, this may be possible (as opposed to geographical Assyria). However, whoever he is, I think that his headquarters will be where modern day Iraq, Iran or Syria is located--- much like the Israelites, I think he will move back to that area in other words.

Interesting, Tim. I believe he/she/they/it may set up a "religious" headquarters right in Jerusalem. I feel Jerusalem might be that Great City of Revelation.

I voted non of the above.

Actually I should have included an option that says:

ALL OF THE ABOVE.

The beast might try to sink its teeth into Christians, but it will spit us back out if we fight back. Anyone that is nonchristian will certainly not have the weapons to fight back, and therefore will be chewed up and swallowed by it, becomeing a part of the beast.

You thought I was gonna vote 'mob' didn't you? Well, they have their people everywhere. In all of the above mentioned organizations.

How is it that so many of you believe that the Catholic Church is more wicked than the mafia? :smt017

Well, for starters, they are both from Italy! LOL Secondly, they have been around longer and have a more "positive" influence on people. They too provide an offer that is hard to refuse. :lol: But if you reads my posts, I don't think the RCC is the beast, the first beast anyway. ;-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back