Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Natural Disasters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

prough91

Wasn't a hundred percent sure what forum to put this in, but I think it kind of fits here. In 2004, a tsunami killed over 200,000 people. In 2005, hurricane Katrina killed over 1800 people, not to mention the millions of dollars in damage. Some news agencies are reporting that 200,000 people will be killed in the Haitian earthquake. The bible speaks of natural disaster rising in frequency in the last days. My question is: Can anyone else think of a time where so many natural disasters happen so close together with so much loss of life?

Yeah it does seem like we live in times spoken of in God's Word. With technology and communication we are more aware of the "goings on" in this world and ultimately affect or outlook on the future. I would say that the certainty of whats coming "tomorrow" doesn't seem as sure as it did 5 years ago. The economic downturn, devastating natural diseasters, the continuing wars, violence, outbreak of sickness and disease, and increasing government control in our lives are just some of the things that can make us really think about where we are in God's timeline.

These are the last days, however the time of Christ return will go beyond what Christians now think. Habakkuk 2
1 I will stand at my watch
and station myself on the ramparts;
I will look to see what he will say to me,
and what answer I am to give to this complaint.

The LORD's Answer
2 Then the LORD replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a messenger may run with it.
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.

Scott said:
Yeah it does seem like we live in times spoken of in God's Word. With technology and communication we are more aware of the "goings on" in this world and ultimately affect or outlook on the future. I would say that the certainty of whats coming "tomorrow" doesn't seem as sure as it did 5 years ago. The economic downturn, devastating natural diseasters, the continuing wars, violence, outbreak of sickness and disease, and increasing government control in our lives are just some of the things that can make us really think about where we are in God's timeline.
Hey Scott, how are you?

I agree with some of what you posted. We have eyes and ears everywhere on earth. We document and chart every event too. Would a person in the Middle East in Biblical times be aware of natural events half way around the world? No. Plus, the only thing that has really escalated in war is how fast we get there and how much more powerful our weapons are. :gah

Back